K&N PS 1017 VIRGIN FILTER CUT OPEN

Another filter I purchased. Never used a K&N filter before also. Only thing makes me worried is bypass spring/assembly is definitely off center or I need glasses. No excuses for that IMO. Made in China also is surprise.

Otherwise it looks OK

Enjoy the pictures

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Typical red china dye. I see it a lot, and I have good reasons to never buy anything with it on there except fireworks. So often it has indicated poor quality. Not always but often.

Rod

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
Typical red china dye. I see it a lot, and I have good reasons to never buy anything with it on there except fireworks. So often it has indicated poor quality. Not always but often.

Rod

Yeah, I could tear media also, typical chinchy made filter. Glad I paid under $5 for it.

try putting some in oil see if the die comes off

Thanks for the C&P. They remain on my do not buy list

Rod

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Only thing makes me worried is bypass spring/assembly is definitely off center or I need glasses. No excuses for that IMO.

If you're talking about the end coil of the bypass valve spring being off center, don't think it matters as long as the bypass valve operated correctly.

Rod

Red colored media means it's poor quality? Where's the facts/science behind that claim. How does red colored media make it "poor quality"?

try putting some in oil see if the die comes off

Thanks for the C&P. They remain on my do not buy list

Rod

I did this and waited 30 minutes. Dye came off easy and tears easier than Super Tech media. On my "dont ever, even in emergency buy"

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Thanks for another filter I can put on the want ever buy list !
Thank you sir !

I'll drink to that
[Linked Image]

Having this while going buzz cut (aka coronacut) ... which looks good after bottle #6.
lol.gif

[Linked Image]

Amazon delivering clippers Monday
In the mean time 🺠and bourbon marinated bone in ribeye !

A60B79C3-529E-4C83-982E-EB4030E11145.jpeg

2C72A28E-1901-4CC4-8ADB-438DCDDC1287.jpeg

Last edited:
I have almost bought these a couple of times for Hyundai/Kia applications (PS 1004) when they have them on sale for like $3 on Amazon, but with the 9688 Supertech filters being a really good value for less money, I never did.

When did MiC filters start coming with louvers? I only recall seeing holes in the center tube of them?

Originally Posted by blupupher
I have almost bought these a couple of times for Hyundai/Kia applications (PS 1004) when they have them on sale for like $3 on Amazon, but with the 9688 Supertech filters being a really good value for less money, I never did.

When did MiC filters start coming with louvers? I only recall seeing holes in the center tube of them?

Good question

Last edited:
Back