Hengst Oil Filter Made in Poland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently ordered two Hengst oil filters for my 2008 VW Rabbit. I have previously used Hengst German made filters but these new ones are made in Poland. Subjectively, they don't appear as well made as the German ones, but I am no expert either. Should I go ahead and use them or send ‘em back?

I wouldn't worry about that a bit, some very nice parts are being made in the former eastern European countries. Hungary is quickly becoming Europe's premium part manufacturing country.
People forget that pre Soviet days some of these countries were world renowned for the high quality products and production skills that rival western Europe eg Skoda in Pilsen, EMW in Eisenach, the Polamco and Poreba lathes and machinery from Poland are some of the best. Its a long list or would you prefer Chicom?

Originally Posted by Trav
I wouldn't worry about that a bit, some very nice parts are being made in the former eastern European countries. Hungary is quickly becoming Europe's premium part manufacturing country.
People forget that pre Soviet days some of these countries were world renowned for the high quality products and production skills that rival western Europe eg Skoda in Pilsen, EMW in Eisenach, the Polamco and Poreba lathes and machinery from Poland are some of the best. Its a long list or would you prefer Chicom?

Not only that, but because they were behind Western Europe in machinery they bought the latest & best and now they rival anything made in W Europe.

I agree. Same goes for parts made in SKorea now. Nice quality isn't just a Japanese or German attribute anymore.

+1. Western Europe is facing the same problems as the USA, high labor cost, oppressive (to the companies) labor unions and high taxation for social programs. Eastern Europe is much less expensive (not cheap) but the workers are highly skilled and take ride in their workmanship.

Bosch new starters for example are the best on the market today, OE Bosch quality and materials at a price not much more than Chicom. BMW, VAG, MB and others have been making parts in eastern Europe for many years with no quality issues whatsoever.

https://autopro.hu/en/news/Bosch-to-relocate-production-of-starters-to-Miskolc/7299/

Polish and Czech people are just as skilled as Germans if that is the worry. Not made by slaves in PRC. I like the no marketing gimmicks box. It's all made on machinery anyway and a new factory probably has more computer controlled equipment.

Hungary is also becoming VW's main country for powertrain as well, I've seen the content sticker on new Audis and Porsches that state a Hungarian-made engine.

Hungary is also well-known for buses - even though the post-soviet Ikarus-Crown/Orion III were shoddily made and Chicago sued NABI(the former American arm of Ikarus, now owned by Canadian New Flyer) for structural failure. Ikarus buses were all over Eastern Europe and Oakland/LA/Philly/New Jersey were fans of the Americanized Ikarus 415/435 designs.

The last order of Gillette Trac II blades I received were made in Poland and are the sharpest Trac II blades I have ever used. Hope the next order will also be made in Poland.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
The last order of Gillette Trac II blades I received were made in Poland and are the sharpest Trac II blades I have ever used. Hope the next order will also be made in Poland.

Have you tried the dollar shave club? I've switched 5 years ago and never looked back

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey

I've been happy with my German Harry's.

RB has been sourcing cleaning products from their Poland plant recently. Noticed a tub of Finish tablets on a friend's counter that said Made in Poland on it.

I've cut open and posted on here an Indonesian built virgin Mahle filter , they look just as good as any European built ones. Soon or later I'll post pics of one cut open that went 5,121 miles.

I ran one last OCI with confidence and have 3 more on standby.

As long as companies who outsource maintain a certain level of product consistency and dont cheap out on materials, you're fine.

Last edited:
I've been getting parts and tires from Romania the last couple years. Not an issue.

Thanks for the replies. Looks like one of the filters will be going in the VW soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back