Does someone local want to cut open my 12,409 mile fram ph5046?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me lazy or scientific but i have a fram ph5046 that i have had on my honda accord for 12,409 miles. I put it on in October of last year. I am impressed with how the paint held up throughout the winter. I dont have an oil filter cutter bit i thought someone might be interested in seeing how the [censored] held up over such an extended filtering session. If anyone near Rhinebeck ny would like the filter let me know.

Originally Posted by joegreen
Call me lazy or scientific but i have a fram ph5046 that i have had on my honda accord for 12,409 miles. I put it on in October of last year. I am impressed with how the paint held up throughout the winter. I dont have an oil filter cutter bit i thought someone might be interested in seeing how the [censored] held up over such an extended filtering session. If anyone near Rhinebeck ny would like the filter let me know.

Five minutes with a hacksaw.

I'm in southwest PA. If none wants to cut and post it; send it to me and I'll gladly re imburse you for the trouble. Just sayin

Originally Posted by Lubener

I thought about that but i didnt want to get metal shavings in it.

Originally Posted by Lubener

I thought about that but i didnt want to get metal shavings in it.

Got any heavy tin snips?

I grind off the seam crimp, where the can meets the base.

It comes apart pretty easily after, and no shavings get inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back