FL500S and TG 10575 different.spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to install a TG10575 that I got for free from a friend but... I always used a FL500S on my truck since I bought it new.

Yesterday I wrote a letter to Fram and they say that it meets the OEM requirement, however the bypass valve is set at 22psi on the Fram and apparently a 8 on the motorcraft, how important is this ?

Fram Flow rate tested a 3GPM using std method, but flow more than according to fram, but how much more since ? enough to meet the motorcraft flowing at 10/12 gpm .

I dont care to ditch the 2 fram i got for free if according to you that it should be more in line with ford spec

Shine a flashlight down the threaded hole. At the end will be the bypass valve. It will be either black or white. If it's black you have the old one. If it's white you have the 22 psi version. This has been posted somewhere. Search it and you might find it.
smile.gif

Thanks snagglefoot, its the white BPV. I have sent another message to Fram and contrarily to what I read on some post the FL500S BP valve is set between 17/23 PSI ( 2009 spec ) and not 8 psi

So Fram will be ok at 22 ... so my paranoia is all gone , the TG will be put to good use, hopefully that they will performed as good as the fl500 s in real life :)

Last edited:
Two thoughts from reading about the filters on the 5.0 (assuming your F150 is the 5.0?). The FL500s has the threadend bypass which seems to have some benefits of its own. Then for the bypass pressure, it seems Ford thought to have that in place to get the oil where it needs to be either during cold starts or high RPM/Load times. I know some 5.0 owners have used the FL820s and the racing versions but those also have the higher PSI raiting. I've seen some mention of Ford engineers saying that the FL820s racing filter will work fine even with the higher PSI rating, since the flow should should be higher than the FL500s.

Originally Posted by Baveux
... so my paranoia is all gone , the TG will be put to good use, hopefully that they will performed as good as the fl500 s in real life :)

It will be BETTER than the FL500S - the flow will be better, and the filtration efficiency is better.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by Baveux
... so my paranoia is all gone , the TG will be put to good use, hopefully that they will performed as good as the fl500 s in real life :)

It will be BETTER than the FL500S - the flow will be better, and the filtration efficiency is better.

Linctex thats a real Good thing to read :)

HemiHawk ....my engine is the 3.5 eco in a f150 2014

thanks to you guys

The Wix eqiv is # 57502; BP at 22psi.
Donaldson P577066; 22psi.
Baldwin 7449; 20 psi.
Purolator products PL22500; 22psi.

I don't think you need to worry; the market generally shows 22"ish" is what's expected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back