Ecogard "Velocity Option"

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,2011,matrix,2.4l+l4,1447803,engine,oil+filter,5340

What the heck is the "Velocity Option" on the oil filter from Ecogard?

Most of them look good cut open but I try not to support the Chinese anymore than I have to by buying their goods. Won't even buy an iPhone for that reason

I tried a basic Ecogard filter and was disappointed. The glue on the endcaps was inadequate and there were gaps in the filter media as a result. I don't reccomend them.

Originally Posted by Run
I tried a basic Ecogard filter and was disappointed. The glue on the endcaps was inadequate and there were gaps in the filter media as a result. I don't reccomend them.

Pics?

Originally Posted by Run

Inadequate as in failure?
Gaps as in failure?
I highly doubt both. What's inadequate for you may hold up well for 10K.
Gaps in media mean absolutely nothing in protection. We have pics of Tough Guards going 20K with gaps. It help up marvelously. Proline filters have Gaps City. We have engines with 420K using them.

If there's no failure in your defintion of inadequate and no failure in gaps, then where's the problem?

Last edited:
I have seen the X4476 cut open here and they look fine. No gaps in the one I saw. They have crimped metal endcaps and a coil spring. Does not seem to be cutting corners on construction. Plenty of auto mechanics use Ecogard filters. They spend nothing on advertising or brand recognition so compete on price. Is it a WIX? No. Mechanic can mark it up to $4.75 on the bill it is still reasonable and make a few bucks on a $29 oil change with conventional oil.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
So no one knows what the "velocity option" is?

I just went to the Ecogard site and did a lookup for the Ranger.

The X2500 has Velocity below the description. I think it is a reduced diameter part. It should cross to PH10575.

The proper sized filters would be S4651 or X4651.

Otherwise I do not know.

Originally Posted by WellOiled

The X2500 has Velocity below the description. I think it is a reduced diameter part. It should cross to PH10575.

Otherwise I do not know.

HMM you may be onto something.

For the Honda it gives a X4612 which appears to be the "short" filter and S or X 4610 for the "OEM".

I think this may be what the call their consolidation program...

Originally Posted by WellOiled

Otherwise I do not know.

HMM you may be onto something.

For the Honda it gives a X4612 which appears to be the "short" filter and S or X 4610 for the "OEM".

I think this may be what the call their consolidation program...

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back