Home

Caveat Emptor...

Posted By: 69Torino

Caveat Emptor... - 06/13/18 03:29 AM

I use K&N oil and air filters on all of my cars. I sometimes cruise eBay for my particular part numbers, and sometimes get lucky and score a K&N HP series filter that fits my junk for under $10 shipped. This time I found an HP-1004, that fits my Optima and would also work on the wifeís Capri convertible, and if Iím feeling extra hotrod-like, also fits the zero turn mower. I won it for $1 plus $5 shipping, no big deal, and it arrived today in a non padded envelope. The box was torn up pretty good, but hey... itís a K&N. Itís thick and strong and can get tossed around a bit and be ok. I open the box up and find a dented up Fram PH3593A. Well nuts. If it wasnít all dented up I would have just chalked it up to experience and used it on the zero turn. But I donít use dented filters. Oh well. Live, learn, and experience stuff. That is all. Feel better now that Iíve shared my $6 lesson. Good day folks.
Posted By: 2015_PSD

Re: Caveat Emptor... - 06/13/18 03:36 AM

Get your money back; very easy to do on eBay.
Posted By: jhellwig

Re: Caveat Emptor... - 06/13/18 03:50 AM

There comming...............

You need to hang around here more. I wonít go into the quality issue of the k&n filters but 6 bucks is no bargain. Especially when you could get one on an oil change special for that much without much effort.
Posted By: Jaha24k

Re: Caveat Emptor... - 06/13/18 07:33 AM

Report this to eBay and get your hard earned money back. We don't need bad sellers like this

Re: Caveat Emptor... - 06/13/18 09:47 AM

Emailed the seller and explained. Politely asked for a refund. Weíll see how it goes.
Posted By: Kira

Re: Caveat Emptor... - 06/13/18 12:19 PM

Just a "data point" question.

You're in Indianapolis....from HOW FAR AWAY did the dented Fram come?

That's all...just the distance. Thx
Posted By: KCJeep

Re: Caveat Emptor... - 06/13/18 12:19 PM

There is a process to get your refund through ebay. Highly recommend that route. Plus you should get a full refund that way, not a buck. But not thinking you'd have much luck dealing direct anyway with a seller that puts a Fram in the package for a KN Filter listing.
Posted By: goodtimes

Re: Caveat Emptor... - 06/13/18 01:20 PM

Take a picture of filter with envelope and use "return" on your auction. You'll have the $6 back.

Re: Caveat Emptor... - 06/13/18 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Kira
Just a "data point" question.

You're in Indianapolis....from HOW FAR AWAY did the dented Fram come?

That's all...just the distance. Thx

Prospect, Ohio. 191 miles away.
Posted By: 5AcresAndAFool

Re: Caveat Emptor... - 06/15/18 07:49 PM

Not a big fan of K&N filters after one I cut open for a friend and I found it had failed.

[url=https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4524031/K&N_Filter_Cut_Open._E#Post4524031][/url]
© 2019 Bob Is The Oil Guy