Hyundai/Kia OE filter 5794mi cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another OE filter off my friends 2016 Kia Soul. This filter has 5794 miles on it filtering Peak 5w30 conventional that I picked up for under a buck a Quart on a Napa clearance sale about a year ago. Car has a total of 55,226 on it at the time of this oil change. Another OE filter went back on with 4 quarts of PYB SAE 30 and .5 quart of VWB 5w30. Will see him back in another 5,000 miles for oil and filter again. The OE Mann-Hummel air filter was also changed during this service and replaced with a Napa Gold filter that was made in Poland. Car will be getting new brake pads at his next visit as well. For those who haven't followed this car in the past he uses it as an UBER car on the side and puts on about 25,000 miles a year.

Enjoy!

Yep, I have heard these filters have substandard filtering qualities, but they are built like a bomb, and they are as heavy as a brick.

They are engineered to fight the pressure spike issues that many hyundai/kia products are plagued with.

You can get these oem filters from Rockauto under the Auto7 brand.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Yep, I have heard these filters have substandard filtering qualities, but they are built like a bomb, and they are as heavy as a brick.

They are engineered to fight the pressure spike issues that many hyundai/kia products are plagued with.

You can get these oem filters from Rockauto under the Auto7 brand.

The known pressure spike issue and start up noise issue is why I go out of my way to source the OE filter for these engines. About a year ago when I first started servicing his car Jay from Fram commented that Fram was upping the burst strength on their filters for these cars for the same reason. I bought a 6 pack of filters from a dealership on eBay a year ago and I have one left. Now that the updated Extra Guard Fram filters are hitting the shelf with the higher burst strength and silicon ADBV once my supply of the OE filters is exhausted I'll likely switch to the Orange Can.

smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
That's the old part number. Newest ones are xxxxxx4

I'm not surprised a new one is out. These were made in 2013.

Give me a "D" crowd yells D!!
Give me a "E" crowd yells E!!
Give me a "N" crowd yells N!!
Give me a "S" crowd yells S!!
Give me a "O" crowd yells 0!!

Announcer says to the hyped up crowd, "whats that spell??"" Crowd yells hysterically loud... DENSO!!!!!!

Very good work here flynavy. These Hyundai oil filters are built for the "end" times if you know what I mean. There's good reason for having a heavy built can filter at times. In these motors it shows everyone why that can matter at times.

I been using the Hyundai OEMs for some time on my DD (2010 2.4L).
Was filter 26300-35503, then it went to 26300-35504. I was told the 04 was improved but I don't know what has been improved, looks the same as the 03 to me.
Anyway I recently received a 10 pack of the Hyundai 26300-35504 and checked for signs of counterfeit and compared to previous bought filter at the dealer. Looks like the 10 pack I bought are the real deal from Amazon.
But I also bought a 10 pack of the Fram XG9688 (which I have never used any) which is supposed to be for the same application, just in case.
Out of all the Hyundai filters I've used, I've had one that gave me engine ticking right after I did an oil & filter change. I spun that filter off and replaced it with another and topped off the oil and the ticking was gone. That was back when the filters were 26300-35503. One bad filter I can't complain. Don't know how often that happens, and wonder if the 04 might have something to do with it.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Give me a "D" crowd yells D!!
Give me a "E" crowd yells E!!
Give me a "N" crowd yells N!!
Give me a "S" crowd yells S!!
Give me a "O" crowd yells 0!!

Announcer says to the hyped up crowd, "whats that spell??"" Crowd yells hysterically loud... DENSO!!!!!!

I want to go on record that I DID NOT put bb up to this. He did it all on his own.No matter what, he got it right. I'll be back in 19 if I'm am still alive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back