Tough guard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
99 % efficiently at 20 microns. Silicone anti drain back valve, synthetic fibres mixed wth cellulose fibres. Internally lubed gasket. A pretty good compromise if you don’t want to pay the price of an Ultra. Not sure which are the most recent improvements.

Also an old tough guy in the ad.

Fram.com

Last edited:
Yeah, the "new" FRAM tough guy should have a kid with both Flo (from Progressive Insurance) and Jan (from Toyota) and see which is better looking.

Just been told Jan appears to be pregnant in the latest commercial. Maybe they took me up on my suggestion as I sent it in months ago. Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
Just been told Jan appears to be pregnant in the latest commercial.

Again?

Something was changed a few months ago (Walmart had a clearance on their "old" TG filters), and then this new box shows up with a higher price, and no reason why.
Same silicone ADV, same 10,000 mile interval, seems to be same filter media and filtration. What is new?

My Tough Guard cartridge says it was made in China. Apparently they recently switched production of the equivalent Extra Guard to China, too.

The service writer to whom I'm always directed at the local Toyota dealer looks remarkably like Jan, but has a more exotic name (although no accent to match). She's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back