Carquest R84502 TORN! CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning BITOG faithful. Yesterday, friend that i know has 2015 Ford Expedition with 90,xxx on it. Had this junk filter and some Carquest conventional 5w20 for around 4,445 miles. I put some Magnatec 5w30 synthetic and a FU 10575 filter. Shooting for 2 5-6k ocis.

Enjoy the pics

Car51 - nice job on the C&P. As usual thanks.

I had done a virgin cut and post of a CQ Red and because of the wide pleat spacing decided to pass on them. I see that I made a good call.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Please tell me this is Purolator junk

yup

Obligatory:

What a piece of junk that is, why cant they fix these problems? You would think media tearing and cut ADBV's are not acceptable to any QC dept.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Nothing new here to see, but thanks anyway though for the C&P.

I'd say poor QC is here to see

Junk.

Man how can someone have 90k on a 2015? I have 22k on my 2015 Cherokee. That thing hardly cools down!

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Nothing new here to see, but thanks anyway though for the C&P.

I'd say poor QC is here to see

Which is "nothing new"

Thanks for the c&p car51.

This is the same model number my wife's Mustang uses. I have a Wix made CQ Blue 84502 with 2013 date code on there now and another lined up for next O/FCI. Plus I have a Frampion one with 2015 date code in my stash. No way I would run any of the current Purolator manufactured CQ oil filters.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
Thanks for the c&p car51.

This is the same model number my wife's Mustang uses. I have a Wix made CQ Blue 84502 with 2013 date code on there now and another lined up for next O/FCI. Plus I have a Frampion one with 2015 date code in my stash. No way I would run any of the current Purolator manufactured CQ oil filters.

Yeah I hear ya on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back