[Cut Open] Honda 15400-PLM-A01 (FilTech) ~ 8948Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
2A01a.jpg

2A01b.jpg

2A01c.jpg

2A01d.jpg

Civic @ 172,000 on Mobil Oil (Under Valve Cover)

The oil for the UOA is currently lost courtesy the USPS, if it ever shows up at Blackstone I will post it.

Oil was M1EP 5/30, was changed due to a trip in excess of 3000 miles coming up.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
Looks good.
I still can't get used to the "no endcaps" filters.
I agree that they look strange. On further study, I suspect that they're more reliable than conventional construction with endcaps---at least in cartridge applications. Probably less expensive to manufacture, too.

Originally Posted By: CR94
Originally Posted By: blupupher
Looks good.
I still can't get used to the "no endcaps" filters.
I agree that they look strange. On further study, I suspect that they're more reliable than conventional construction with endcaps---at least in cartridge applications. Probably less expensive to manufacture, too.

Yup, very strange looking when I did my cut and post a while back. Very fancy how they did the gluing with the ring on the inside of the pleats. It's a beautiful looking filter compared to the usual crowd. I have a stockpile of these to use on my cars.

Great Oil filters.. I dunno why Honda went with the AO2.. Well I guess they did it to save $..
The A01s are great.. Have you tried the HAMP Synergy ?

They are basically the same as the A01s... Some will say better.

Originally Posted By: David1
Great Oil filters.. I dunno why Honda went with the AO2.. Well I guess they did it to save $..
The A01s are great.. Have you tried the HAMP Synergy ?

They are basically the same as the A01s... Some will say better.

Just purchased a HAMP for my Civic's upcoming oil change, excited to run it.

You can still get these from several sources.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with an A02 either, they are fine filters.

To be frank, I see little reason to buy anything but Ultras outside of curiosity. Most of what you see me cut open is stuff that I’ve had a while or was simply curious about.

I’ve not ever used a HAMP filter as I never saw the point when I have A01s. I did see the Cutaway of the Honda OEM filter (It is in the you tube that I posted on one of the HKS threads) that appears to be a Purflux. I’d like to get my hands on one of those even though I have more Honda filters han I will likely be able to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back