Yellow PL20195

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening all.
I was at my g/f's house this past weekend and she was cleaning out some of her garage. She came across a Purolator yellow rough texture PL20195 oil filter that fits my Ford 4.2 V6.
I know that in the past I have read a lot of horror stories here about this oil filter and its seams/pleats tearing. So, the $64 Q? is, whom here would use this oil filter on their engine?
34.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
She came across a Purolator yellow rough texture PL20195 oil filter that fits my Ford 4.2 V6.

I don't see why not.

I'd run it for 5K then cut it open and examine it.

A known good filter is like $6.

If you lose one wink of sleep running this filter, in the trash it goes. Life is too short.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
The real question is: was that filter bought for you, for her or for a previous boyfriend?

I'm pretty sure it might be one of the many oil filters that were sent to me awhile back when I was doing OCI's for the people that were less fortunate. It was behind some boxes on a shelf, so I'm thinking it fell behind there.
Here is a pic of the code stamped on it if anyone wants to decipher it.

k1z5hz.jpg

I would, I have & I am. At least until my stash is gone. Cut a bunch in 6 different applications since they first came out & never found a problem. I am switching slowly to the Fram Ultra for longer OCI since kids live farther so helping them is harder to schedule. Also I don't put enough hours on the boat or Suburban these days to justify changing every year... But I would run it and never worry. All "my" older vehicles have over 150K and 90% of those miles were on this filter, no issues cause by oil or filter. My new Durango has a K&N and next will be K&N then ultra, assuming the K&N comes out fine after 10K.

Last edited:
Blue Oval - I am running a PL24651 right now. 1. It is summer in Houston where every start is Luke warm. 2. Sump appears clean. 3. Failure rate is low for PL24651 but not zero. I think you should.

The local AAP store just got several of the gold PureOne filters. I guess the warehouse found them sitting in the back somewhere!

Originally Posted By: Peter_480
I would use it for a 6 month/5000 OCI without hesitation.

Agree

Originally Posted By: danez_yoda

If you lose one wink of sleep running this filter, in the trash it goes. Life is too short.

What on God's Green Earth is WRONG with you people?

Everyone is so "throw away" happy.

Take it to the store and exchange it for one you'll use.... sheesh!!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: danez_yoda

What on God's Green Earth is WRONG with you people?

Everyone is so "throw away" happy.

Take it to the store and exchange it for one you'll use.... sheesh!!

I just merely asked whom on this forum would use this oil filter because of the horror stories behind them! I will most likely donate it to someone near my home that can use it. I have another FU sitting on the shelf for my engines next OCI.
34.gif

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
BOF - I thought you were a dyed in the wool Motorcraft fan. Why the sudden change?

I still am. But, the FU is, IMO, the BEST oil filter on the current market.
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back