Group 7 #V-2222, 4,000 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Purolator made apecimen that tore in 4,000 miles. Friends work van and he used this and some QSGB 5w30. Put in more QSGB and a tough guard. Made October 6, 2014 line "D" and 1st shift also.

t6tmch.jpg

k9ic5j.jpg

15drogp.jpg

71r5lw.jpg

15drogp.jpg

2uqc8lv.jpg

znk7jt.jpg

357gkdg.jpg

Car51 - thanks for the cut and post. This shows the Purolator tearing problem is still alive as of Oct 6, 2014. Possible causes:
1) Not enough media.
2) Brittle media.
3) Pleats unevenly spaced.

Oil looked good.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Car51 - thanks for the cut and post. This shows the Purolator tearing problem is still alive as of Oct 6, 2014. Possible causes:
1) Not enough media.
2) Brittle media.
3) Pleats unevenly spaced.

Oil looked good.

I put money on #2. Seen some orange cans that fall into 1 and 3, but they don't tear.

Thanks for the pictures!

Bad filters all the way around.. I stopped using Purolater for good when all the tearing and quality control issues started popping up and when you called them they pretended it was not an issue.. But because of the internet and everyone owning a camera the truth is out in full force.
Buy a filter not made by them!
Thank you car 51 for exposing all the tears good job!

You guys are a bunch of commies......
The pictures are doctored...
Buy Purolator's with Confidence.....
smile.gif
lol

My sister minivan had one of those when she bought it last fall,
,,both pleats torn top & bottom (four tears)
unknown mileage but oil looked just light brown..

2vskvhx.jpg

15338tt.jpg

28chcnm.jpg

News flash.

Jobber grade Purolators sometimes tear.

Story at 10 PM.

I believe it's time for Purolator to upgrade their product line.

Oh, they have.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
News flash.

Jobber grade Some Purolator made oil filters sometimes tear.

Story at 10 PM.

I believe it's time for Purolator to upgrade their product line.

Oh, they have.

I fixed your news flash.
grin.gif

Didn't know the Pure Ones were "jobber grade".

All my Puro's that tore were Pure Ones run for 3-4k OCI's. I remember at least two, might have been three and there were a bunch I didn't cut prior to that because I thought they were supposed to be good.

^^^ Yeah, there were many P1 filters with tears that were posted on here. Purolator has put out a new lineup, but as far as BITOG goes, many members on here who used to use Puro oil filters have moved on to using other filters (like Wix/NAPA, FRAM, Mobil 1, and Hastings/Baldwin).

^^^ Yeah, there were many P1 filters with tears that were posted on here. Purolator has put out a new lineup, but as far as BITOG goes, many members on here who used to use Puro oil filters have moved on to using other filters (like Wix/NAPA, FRAM, Mobil 1, and Hastings/Baldwin).

I know that Mann+Hummel is now over Wix as well, but with NAPA filters being made by Wix, and taking into account the longtime impeccable reputation that Wix has, I believe that Wix/NAPA filters (and all other Wix-made filters) will retain their extremely high quality.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Didn't know the Pure Ones were "jobber grade".

All my Puro's that tore were Pure Ones run for 3-4k OCI's. I remember at least two, might have been three and there were a bunch I didn't cut prior to that because I thought they were supposed to be good.

KCJeep - For me it was a Motorcraft FL820S. In hind sight, I believe it was more than one failed filter. Each failed filter sets the stage for the next filter to fail by not filtering all the dirt. It took about 5 short oil changes to clean up the engine. Unless you cut open filters, you might not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back