Upgrade from SB6141?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any recommendations on upgrading from a Arris SB6141? It doesn't lack in the specs but if I am replacing my modem I want to replace it with something better. Better as in cost, performance and lifespan. Needs to support Comcast and 80mpbs or lower speed tiers.

Arris is sending out a new replacement warranty unit but this will be the third bad Surfboard (out of three) that I've had. Time to switch.

I feel old. I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought of a Sound Blaster sound card....

I have a 6183 and will soon be getting a SB8200 because I am getting the highest service Cox offers in my area and need a DOCSIS 3.1 modem. I already got a Netgear X10 router to upgrade from my Netgear R8000.

Originally Posted By: Toy4x4
Arris Surfboards supposedly have bad Intel chips in them from what I've read. I went with a TP-Link TC-7620.

It’s not all Surfboards, just the ones with the puma 6 chip, most notably the 6190.

To the OP, any 16x4 modem would be fine. The 6183 is what will get the most recos.

Do you have any electrical issues? The 6141 is considered quite the workhorse and most people don’t replace 3 of them.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Any recommendations on upgrading from a Arris SB6141?

Yes -- The Motorola MG7550. Look no further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back