latest Win10 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the latest upgrade for Win10 today and it came with an app called "Mail" for email.

Microsoft had discontinued support for its free mail app awhile ago (Livemail maybe??) and I have been using Thunderbird and pretty much happy with it.

I prefer an email app over webmail so lets avoid that discussion.

Has anyone tried this new "Mail" app from Miscrosoft?

Its got an open envelope icon.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ndfergy
Windows 8/8.1/10 Mail is not browser based, it's a mail client. You can link your T-bird account to it.

I know it's not browser based but an email app. But when I mention email apps people seem to comment that a browser based email is the way to go thus my comment.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I installed the latest upgrade for Win10 today and it came with an app called "Mail" for email.

Microsoft had discontinued support for its free mail app awhile ago (Livemail maybe??) and I have been using Thunderbird and pretty much happy with it.

I prefer an email app over webmail so lets avoid that discussion.

Has anyone tried this new "Mail" app from Miscrosoft?

Its got an open envelope icon.

Have seen it but not used it. My shop is on office365 so it's all outlook all the time

These apps blur the line between local and web-based apps. They're smaller; sometimes just an interface that uses a browser as an underlying technology to fetch *all* of its data from the web anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back