Crawfish Boil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today (Saturday) was our 3rd crawfish boil this year. My sons Uncle bought them ($1.75 lb. Select) and boiled them. That man sure knows how to boil some crawfish, yeah! And, there were some MONSTUHS in there too!
I had my sons cousin send the pics to my phone. I didn't want to miss them this time!
20.gif

IMG_0845.jpg

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yep. But I did dump these shells on a big fire ant mound so they could enjoy too.

Looks like you had a nice boil too. Did you pay a lot for your crawfish? Prices are coming down a lot here in La. I think my ex bil paid $1.75 lb. for select grade crawfish.

Dang, you guys suck
grin.gif
Nothing like seasonal happenings to spice up life. We just finished our maple syrup season here, the lightest colored syrup I have ever seen. Our hens have resumed egg production after our mild winter. The peeper frogs have been out since a few nights ago - always an encouraging sign of spring's arrival. Enjoy your morsels of delight!

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Today (Saturday) was our 3rd crawfish boil this year. My sons Uncle bought them ($1.75 lb. Select) and boiled them. That man sure knows how to boil some crawfish, yeah! And, there were some MONSTUHS in there too!
I had my sons cousin send the pics to my phone. I didn't want to miss them this time!
20.gif

AAIIIIIEEEE! Now ya cookin' cher! Laissez les bons temps rouler!

I always have to pay more than my friends from La …
I'm closer to $3 … So just a great snack while the BBQ pit does it's thing …

You ever eat at 1921 in Houma … ?
Had seriously big bugs and mouthful half shells last spring …

Originally Posted by 4WD
I always have to pay more than my friends from La …
I'm closer to $3 … So just a great snack while the BBQ pit does it's thing …

You ever eat at 1921 in Houma … ?
Had seriously big bugs and mouthful half shells last spring …

I have family down in Houma. But, I haven't been there since the late 80's.

My mouth is watering!

Once or twice a year our family orders 20# of crawfish from LA Crawfish Co. Surprisingly, we only ever end up with 2-3 dozen dead. They provide the spice, which is awesomely hot and flavorful. We add the corn and sausage, which soaks you that tastiness, too!

Originally Posted by doitmyself
Dang, you guys suck
grin.gif
Nothing like seasonal happenings to spice up life. We just finished our maple syrup season here, the lightest colored syrup I have ever seen. Our hens have resumed egg production after our mild winter. The peeper frogs have been out since a few nights ago - always an encouraging sign of spring's arrival. Enjoy your morsels of delight!

[Linked Image]

I used to work with a pipefitter in FL. that was from Vermont. His family had a lot of Maple trees on their property. He told me how they would get the syrup from the trees. He would go home during the Christmas holidays. When he came back he would have a few bottles of Maple syrup. He always gave me a bottle. Now, that was some REAL Maple syrup!

I havent had a good crawfish boil in about five years. Im doing one this summer.

Theres a show on Netflix called Ugly Delicious. One of the episodes is called Shrimp and Crawfish or something like that. Makes you REALLY want a crawfish boil.

I like the big "crawfish" up your way … but I'm sure the biggest I ever tackled was in Newfoundland …

Originally Posted by 4WD
I like the big "crawfish" up your way … but I'm sure the biggest I ever tackled was in Newfoundland …

If we had about 10-12 of these MONSTUH TASMANIAN crawfish they would make a good boil.

TAS.jpg

We are having a crawfish boil this Easter Sunday. 2 sacks @ $40 each. Prime select little MONSTUHS! I get to GET MY BOIL on! These will be boiled by me, to my taste. Everyone has agreed they want them boiled this way. Pics to come.

I miss meals like this. When I lived in Alabama I had a friend from NO, that used to organize a boil every year. Good fun and good food

Originally Posted by BeerCan
I miss meals like this. When I lived in Alabama I had a friend from NO, that used to organize a boil every year. Good fun and good food

When I first moved to Tampa, FL in 1987 some of the men in the neighborhood wanted to know how to fry a turkey. So, I gave a class. There was one neighbor that was drinking very heavily as I gave instructions.
All the guys there went out and bought themselves a turkey fryer kit (pot, thermometer, burner).
That thanksgiving I heard sirens coming towards my neighborhood. The man that had been drinking during my tutorial, his sun porch was on fire! He had filled the pot with peanut oil before using water as a dry run to see how much oil he needed by placing the turkey in the water. He had overfilled the pot with peanut oil and it overflowed into the burner, catching his porch on fire, causing over $22K in damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back