Lamb popsicles in Morocco

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, not a fan. I picked up some lamb last winter. The lamb was so fatty, even after hours in the crockpot. Perhaps a crockpot is not hot enough?

Originally Posted by philipp10
yeah, not a fan. I picked up some lamb last winter. The lamb was so fatty, even after hours in the crockpot. Perhaps a crockpot is not hot enough?

You gotta get with a legit recipe.

I love the fatty parts. I never heard of a tiger getting clogged arteries even though they eat the whole animal including the fatty parts. I think everything else contributes to ppl getting fat.

Fat is good eating.

Originally Posted by BossMoss

I love the fatty parts. I never heard of a tiger getting clogged arteries even though they eat the whole animal including the fatty parts. I think everything else contributes to ppl getting fat.

Fat is good eating.

Where there's fat, there's flavor!
Applies to ALL dishes, not just meat.
This is why you should AVOID ANYTHING that claims to be "fat free"/"reduced fat". 'cause you know they're probably putting sugar in it's place (which WILL make you fat).

true story

Love lamb! Just ordered a whole one and am having it cut into chops, kabob cuts, and ground. I'll use the ground for lamb burgers, lamb meatballs, lamb & yogurt chili, and sausage, and bones for soup stock.

I've had kabob cuts marinating in the fridge for three weeks now and will be grilling them on skewers tonight. Yummy!

Originally Posted by BossMoss

Fat is good eating.

I wasn't referring to the health aspect. I eat plenty of fat. But having cooked it, then letting it cool, there was quite a layer solidified on top. Just wasn't appealing to me. I prefer an olive oil that stays liquid at room temp over a layer of white goop all over my food.

As far as Tigers and heart disease....your not a Tiger, your a human. Most Tigers are not living to the equivalent of 85. While some fats may not be bad, the science still says the more red meat you eat, the sooner you die.....Saturated fat from lamb is still considered bad for your health. I love how everyone has gone keto and basically did a Trump on all of the science (what is proven bad is now perceived good).

Last edited:
Cold lamb stew...why would you be eating that ?

Although duck confeit is essentially exactly that in concept.

How would the heat of the crockpot make the fat go away ?

The chemical composition doesn't really change bc it solidifies as soon as it loses that heat. You would have to always keep it warm.

fat renders out with heat....turns to oil.

No it just melts and renders out...there's no chemical change, so solid fats stay solid when they cool...make a chicken stock (or any stock) and the fat settles on cooling.

But you weren't eating it cold were you, so shouldn't be a problem....

Originally Posted by Shannow
fat renders out with heat....turns to oil.

No it just melts and renders out...there's no chemical change, so solid fats stay solid when they cool...make a chicken stock (or any stock) and the fat settles on cooling.

But you weren't eating it cold were you, so shouldn't be a problem....

I never claimed it change chemical composition. I was just pointing out that meat fats are considered un-healthy as compared to vegetable fats.

I was just pointing out that meat fats are considered un-healthy as compared to vegetable fats.

I love how everyone has gone keto and basically did a Trump on all of the science (what is proven bad is now perceived good).

Are you saying that sugar/grains/refined carbs are healthy? Do you believe in the old food pyramid with loads of bread and grains on the bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back