BG MOA with Amsoil Signature Series 5w-30?

Hello,

Can BG MOA be added to a high quality synthetic motor oil, namely Amsoil Signature Series 5w-30 that goes up to 25k miles? I read somewhere on Amsoil's website that they do not recommend any oil additives to be added with Amsoil; however this is a rhetorical question. What will actually or scientifically happen if MOA is added to Amsoil? Some dealers do use MOA with Mobil 1; I saw another dealer, on YouTube, use MOA with Amsoil. It seems to me that Amsoil Signature Series is already fortified against oil aging with a certain additive package; and MOA may upset the chemical composition of Amsoil. I really want to give it a try.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/engine/bg-moa-extended-life/
https://www.amsoil.com/p/signature-series-5w-30-synthetic-motor-oil-asl/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-hUI_p4ZIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkOQgWNGM08

I do own a Hyundai Genesis G80 2015 with 3.8L GDI engine.

Let me know your thoughts ...

Any other additives you want to recommend?

Thanks,
Husam

Last edited:
Amsoil just removed a lot of the calcium from the formulation for LSPI protection; it appears you want to add it back?

Not anything I would do. JMO.

Thanks for your quick response. I am not an oil expert; hence my question.
However, I also read that MOA is LSPI safe.
I'll trust your feedback.

why bother mixing top shelf oil with TONS of stout additive package with some wonder additive? Amsoil on it's own is an overkill, add another additive on top of that would make it double-triple overkill.

I don't get the point, Amsoil is already fully formulated to last for extended drain intervals and protect against deposits in turbo charged engines and I'm not sure there's a whole lot of point in running Amsoil SS in a Hyundai GDI engine where the primary reason the oil needs changed is because of soot and fuel dillution.

Might try calling them and asking what can their MOA product do to Amsoil to make it better. They are the expets in their product and of course will try to sell you on it. Would be interesting to hear what they have to say.

Mobil 1 is more expensive here in Dubai compared to Amsoil which I imported and shipped from the US.
I know Amsoil itself is an overkill and I do not intend to keep it for more than 10k miles inside the engine anyway.

I wanted to experiment, if so to speak, and see what MOA will add.

BG personnel confirmed that it can be added to any fully synthetic motor oil. But I still have a doubt.

Husam

Been using Amsoil for 25 years. I would not add anything to it whatsoever. I look at Amsoil like a highly purified water. If you buy an extremely expensive high quality water, why would you add anything to it to make it better.
A lesser quality water, adding something to make it better would make sense.

Just an analogy.........

Originally Posted by oilboy123
Husam

Been using Amsoil for 25 years. I would not add anything to it whatsoever. I look at Amsoil like a highly purified water. If you buy an extremely expensive high quality water, why would you add anything to it to make it better.
A lesser quality water, adding something to make it better would make sense.

Just an analogy.........

Thanks bro

I think that BG stuff is really meant to be added to crude derived oils to increase the oxidative stability. Amsoil Signature series should be mostly PAO, f you want a more stable Amsoil next time you buy some get 10w30 instead of 5w30, the 10w30 is less volatile and in Dubai you should have absolutely no problems using a 10W since it never gets below freezing.

Originally Posted by blufeb95
I think that BG stuff is really meant to be added to crude derived oils to increase the oxidative stability. Amsoil Signature series should be mostly PAO, f you want a more stable Amsoil next time you buy some get 10w30 instead of 5w30, the 10w30 is less volatile and in Dubai you should have absolutely no problems using a 10W since it never gets below freezing.

I'll consider that; thanks!

Back