Reporting on engine oil additive LG Bio/Tech

Recently used Lubegard Bio/Tech Protectant for 1st time at oil change on my high mileage old japanese 4 cyl and really pleased / impressed pretty much right away because noticed two things pretty much immediately (and all controls same = same motor oil brand/grade & same oil filter as before adding LG b/tech plus same fuel grade from same filling station , same tire psi)
{1} engine a good amount quieter
{2} car seems to be running just a smidge smoother / peppier down low (twist/torque)

Will continue to use product & not too pricey either and avail locally for me

Welcome aboard. Glad you are pleased with the product. Remember at the end of the day your perceptions are going to be challenged by some folks. Just ignore them or put them on the ignore list if they become too much of a tool toward you.

Amalie high mileage 10w40 [ they're headquartered in my town = oil bottling plant/etc so i love supporting my local area businesses when possible ]
Champ Labs filter

Originally Posted by TViS
Recently used Lubegard Bio/Tech Protectant for 1st time at oil change on my high mileage old japanese 4 cyl and really pleased / impressed pretty much right away because noticed two things pretty much immediately (and all controls same = same motor oil brand/grade & same oil filter as before adding LG b/tech plus same fuel grade from same filling station , same tire psi)
{1} engine a good amount quieter
{2} car seems to be running just a smidge smoother / peppier down low (twist/torque)

Will continue to use product & not too pricey either and avail locally for me

I'm wanting some. Keep reading good reports on it. Thanks for your Review.

Its a worthwhile additive. I have used this and Archoil and both are great but the lubegard can be found much cheaper.I do like the solid boundary protect of Archoil though. Both have esters in their formulation but how much I do not know.

Originally Posted by TViS
Amalie high mileage 10w40 [ they're headquartered in my town = oil bottling plant/etc so i love supporting my local area businesses when possible ]
Champ Labs filter

Yup!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Donald
I say subjective.

Better lubrication comes from better oil, not additives you buy in a container.

Sometimes defective engine parts are the best reason for buying a supplement called Lubeguard BioTech. It can make a wonderful lubed BandAid, until the old parts worsen and the new parts arrive.

Last edited:
VOA from 2012:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2802858/1

"Many thanks to Blackstone Labs for running this VOA at no charge.

Aluminum / 0
Chromium / 0
Iron / 0
Copper / 0
Lead / 0
Tin / 0
Molybdenum / 1891
Nickel / 0
Manganese / 0
Silver / 0
Titanium / 0
Potassium / 0
Boron / 134
Silicon / 17
Sodium / 70
Calcium / 3183
Magnesium / 10
Phosphorus / 3472
Zinc / 9
Barium / 0

SUS Viscosity @ 210F / 47.9
cSt Viscosity @ 100C / 6.64
Flashpoint in F / 430
Fuel% / -
Antifreeze% / -
Water% / 0.0
Insolubles% / TR
TBN / 3.7"

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Ignore the naysayers on here... they still think oils come off the shelf with top notch additives and can't be improved upon, all for $19 a 5QT jug.....

LG and Archoil are both great products. I also love Lubrimoly M0s2!

I am still waiting for anyone to tell me what chemistry the formulators have left out of formulated, finished oils that require LubeGard BioTech or RLI BioSynXtra or others.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by racin4ds
Ignore the naysayers on here... they still think oils come off the shelf with top notch additives and can't be improved upon, all for $19 a 5QT jug.....

LG and Archoil are both great products. I also love Lubrimoly M0s2!

I am still waiting for anyone to tell me what chemistry the formulators have left out of formulated, finished oils that require LubeGard BioTech or RLI BioSynXtra or others.

In the case of Lubegard Biotech, it must be that fancy rapeseed oil they put in it.

racin4ds said:

I don't know what chemistry is included in LG or RLI, but lots of today's ‘finished' oils are missing most or all of the saps chemistry - A5 and C3 and SN are all missing the zn/p we used to hold in such high regard.

Originally Posted by Olas

racin4ds said:

I don't know what chemistry is included in LG or RLI, but lots of today's ‘finished' oils are missing most or all of the saps chemistry - A5 and C3 and SN are all missing the zn/p we used to hold in such high regard.

What chemistry is missing in the SAPS oils?

Back