PP euro lx 0-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
My autozone has this on their clearance deal for $2 a qt. Any reason I can't run this in an 08 impala 3.9 over the winter? It's SN along with a host of other approvals I really don't care about. My owners manual states 0-30 is an approved weight but the whole euro diesel thing made me wanna ask?

Originally Posted by D1dad
My autozone has this on their clearance deal for $2 a qt. Any reason I can't run this in an 08 impala 3.9 over the winter? It's SN along with a host of other approvals I really don't care about. My owners manual states 0-30 is an approved weight but the whole euro diesel thing made me wanna ask?

It meets both the license (SN) and the grade listed in your owner's manual and you're worried about what exactly?

Originally Posted by kschachn

It meets both the license (SN) and the grade listed in your owner's manual and you're worried about what exactly?

Exactly. I'd use it w/o hesitation.

My manual lists the GM cert, not dexos but whatever it was before that.

I guess I don't understand the whole "low saps" thing. They had around 2 cases which is hard to not snatch it up. I just didn't know if there was some reason that it wouldn't work with an older american gasser?

It has low SAPS, which means low TBN, which would make it a shorter OCI oil-less ability to neutralize acid buildup in the oil. AFAIK, low sulfur gasoline is now the standard here, so that will help, but short trips in winter would be "contraindicated"! Get it hot once a week with a long trip, no problem.

I just put it into my 6.0 liter Chev. It's Kv100 is 11.9 making it a high side 30 grade.
It will be fine in your engine.

E78D7884-77D2-4CB1-814A-4160881020B8.jpeg

Last edited:
High side meaning thick 30wt? Is this along the lines of the castrol everyone raves about?

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
I just put it into my 6.0 liter Chev. It's Kv100 is 11.9 making it a high side 30 grade.

I guess I don't understand the whole "low saps" thing. They had around 2 cases which is hard to not snatch it up. I just didn't know if there was some reason that it wouldn't work with an older american gasser?

It would probably be fine because the US has moved to ULSG.

High side meaning thick 30wt? Is this along the lines of the castrol everyone raves about?

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot

This oil falls within the ACEA C3 category which means a HTHS of 3.5 or more (Same as A3/B5 btw) and as a result are typically called "heavy 30w" or "light 40w".

Last edited:
My wife's Audi can use that oil according to the owners manual. Wish I could find it at $2 a quart where I live.

I grabbed all the 0-30 and 5-30 euro they had. 23qts for $50. My oil burning Nissan will never know the diff and the 0-30 will be nice for Ohio winters in the impala. The older couple I got the impala from used nothing but dealer blend so when I ran synthetic through it the engine looked like a watering can for a few k but settled down.

Thats dirt cheap.. buy it and use it. The tbn is 8-9

That's a great oil. Usually pretty spendy. Great deal you got. I don't think I've ever seen that oil in AZ around here.

When I had my 2016 WRX, that was one of the oils I seriously considered using, due to several factors, including fuel dilution, boxer engine shearing, and turbo. Eventually ended up using PPPP 10W-30.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
That's a great oil. Usually pretty spendy. Great deal you got. I don't think I've ever seen that oil in AZ around here.

When I had my 2016 WRX, that was one of the oils I seriously considered using, due to several factors, including fuel dilution, boxer engine shearing, and turbo. Eventually ended up using PPPP 10W-30.

Currently has his oil in my '15 Forester XT, will do a UOA when I change the oil if it interest you. Current OCI is 1/2 done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back