Factory Filled Coolant

Anyone notice on a New Toyota vehicle, when opening the radiator cap, the coolant appears to look like rust color when it is actually not. Also look inside or the radiator, it appears to have some kind or additive or sediment? Because it does not look clear.

Originally Posted by painfx
Anyone notice on a New Toyota vehicle, when opening the radiator cap, the coolant appears to look like rust color when it is actually not. Also look inside or the radiator, it appears to have some kind or additive or sediment? Because it does not look clear.

Normal ... I saw the same thing right after changing coolant and using the pink formula. In a clear bottle the new coolant looks light red/pink, but looking down inside the radiator cap neck neck it looks dark rusty color.

I notice a similar oddity on our Taurus. In the bottle, it looks purplish. From the jug, its Orange.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by painfx

Normal ... I saw the same thing right after changing coolant and using the pink formula. In a clear bottle the new coolant looks light red/pink, but looking down inside the radiator cap neck neck it looks dark rusty color.

But did yours look clear down the radiator? Mines does not look clear, looks like there are bunch of debris floating around.

Coolant colors can look deceptive when spread out or dense and against different colors. Even lighting conditions can make it look different. Can you suck some of it out with a pump and put it into a white cup?

Back