2019 Prius AWD-e underbody shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly disappointing! Went underneath to survey things out. Wanted to find better lift points than the rocker lips. Car seems to have "frame rails" like the 2005 style, they're just hidden above the plastic cladding. Don't take my word as gospel, but above the letters on the plastic about 8-10 inches forward of the rear fender seems to be a decent spot.

The plastic front air dam where it extends in front of the front fenders is particularly cheesy. I can see this getting blown to bits the first decent snow.
frown.gif

The factory oil filter seems to have Vaseline for a lube. The coarse-threaded screws for the trap door don't seem long for this world-- they're very cheap.

The rear suspension and subframe are a pretty impressive feat of engineering. I have doubts about its rustproofing and will spend a particular amount of time fluid-filming this come Octvember.

DSC_0359.JPG

DSC_0361.JPG

DSC_0364.JPG

DSC_0365.JPG

DSC_0367.JPG

DSC_0369.JPG

DSC_0374.JPG

DSC_0368.JPG

I actually had to replace an exhaust that looked a lot like that on a Highlander Hybrid. That funky looking thing with the coolant hoses is a heat exchanger, and it's VERY expensive. Luckily, insurance covered the one I did. There was nothing wrong with it, I almost wanted to hold on to it and make something out of it. I just couldn't think of anything worth while.

Thanks for the pics!

The underbody shields will probably come loose in snow and those white clips will detach...the plastic wind dam on my corolla needs to be reattached after every winter...dealer charges 3-4$ per clip!! Good money maker for them if you ask me. (I just buy aftermarket clips for cheap).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back