Cop Chase with a Holden in NZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was great Silk, I had a Holden Kingswood just like the cop car, back in the day. All one colour.

Check out this Addicted To Bass music video, based on Mad Max. Good use of Ford Falcon.

HZ, or HX ? We just called them all HQ's. Back then Police and Traffic were separate - you could speed past police and they didn't care. They also couldn't come onto your property, which is why he's laughing and the cop drives away. Police had 202's, I think Traffic had 308's.

Too many Falcon Coupes over there ? Turn them into movie cars.

Originally Posted By: Silk
HZ, or HX ? We just called them all HQ's. Back then Police and Traffic were separate - you could speed past police and they didn't care. They also couldn't come onto your property, which is why he's laughing and the cop drives away. Police had 202's, I think Traffic had 308's.

HJ with a 202, gas shocks in the rear that you could pump up and raise the ride height, a LSD rear diff, sun visor over the windscreen (colour matched), mags and a push button radio. Penrite HPR30 in the sump.

Now a WB Statesman with a 308, that would have been the kit.

I had an HZ Wagon, 253 traumatic.

All the power of the 202, and the economy of the 308.

Although after fitting a Q-Jet 4bbl and manifold, drilling the EGR valve to provide EGR at idle, but with the EGR ports directed through pressed in tubes so that the EGR was directed at the idle air ports, the PCV routed around an exhaust manifold in tubing wrapped in ceramic fibre, and hitting the carb at lord knows what temperature...hot air intake, with the thermostat removed from the hat.

Coolant thermostat in the lower radiator hose controlling coolant inlet temperature. Full vacuum advance at idle. Partially blocked the RHS exhaust manifold to force more heat across the manifold floor heater.

Fuse wire in (IIRC) the idle mixture tube to get control of the idle mixture screws again.

Had all the vacuum heating stuff ported such that at full throttle, everything lost vacuum and reverted to "cold".

Was a cow to start and get running, but got 30MPG.

Channelling Smokey Yunick and his hot vapor cycle.

Friend at university had told me about "Smash Palace" and I rented it(VHS) just for that part! Can't imagine the settings on that suspension for such a bumpy road(gets "bumpier" as you go faster).
I remember reading about Smokey Yunick and his hot vapor cycle. If I remember correctly he had some Dodge Omni for journalists to drive. I think it left most journalists scratching their heads same as most readers! Never understood why we didn't hear more about this.
Thanks Silk and Shannow for the pleasant memories.

Originally Posted By: 555
Friend at university had told me about "Smash Palace" and I rented it(VHS) just for that part! Can't imagine the settings on that suspension for such a bumpy road(gets "bumpier" as you go faster).
I remember reading about Smokey Yunick and his hot vapor cycle. If I remember correctly he had some Dodge Omni for journalists to drive. I think it left most journalists scratching their heads same as most readers! Never understood why we didn't hear more about this.
Thanks Silk and Shannow for the pleasant memories.

It was a Fiero, here's some info on it: https://www.legendarycollectorcars.com/f...xclusive-video/

Sorry for the hijack. Gotta watch that movie now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back