Nokian ZLine A/S Reviews

Anyone have any experience with the Nokian ZLine A/S? I've run their snow tires in the past, but couldn't find much on these.

Thanks,

I've been very happy with Nokian in general- I've got the WR G3 SUV (275/55R20) on my Tundra and they've been excellent. Very good snow traction and I run them year round. 33,000 miles on them so far.

The Z line AS look like a higher performance tire than my WRG3 with better speed stability and handling but not as much snow traction.

Make sure they have rim guards if that matters to you. Nokian tires in the past didn't have them on their low profile offerings. Not sure if they have them today.

Originally Posted by ILVolvo
Anyone have any experience with the Nokian ZLine A/S? I've run their snow tires in the past, but couldn't find much on these.

Thanks,

Yes, I have them.

No rim guards on my 235/50r18 tires. I'm usually careful not parking too close to a curb. No issues yet

I'm at about 40% makes a little noise. Done a cross country trip with them with no issues. Gotten 1 puncture early on.

While it is low rolling resistance, it's not as good as my WR G4 SUV or OE ContiProContacts. it should be low rolling resistance relative to class of tire.

A good grip tire, but my needs changed, I don't drive on curvy roads as often anymore... So gonna try the Entyre C/S next.

I would call those Summer Tires. I had some Z-line summer tires that were V-Rated in 195/60/15 that I loved, I can not get them any more. Great tires.

I agree they are pretty aggressive for all season tires, it's too bad that Nokian discontinued there true summer tires.

That's a pretty cool idea to put indicators for wet, 80/60/40% life.
It'd be even better if all season and all weather tires came with snow indicator too.

I've not used the A/S versions but have excellent experience with their Z-line summer tyres and must have around 18,000 miles on this set on our C class. They replaced the OEM fitted Pirelli PZero run-flats which are unquestionably the worst tyre I have ever run in 30 years of driving, and the only one to fail catastrophically.

Originally Posted by ILVolvo
I agree they are pretty aggressive for all season tires, it's too bad that Nokian discontinued there true summer tires.

They still make summer tyres, but it would appear from their USA website they stopped marketing them in the USA.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dubber09
That's a pretty cool idea to put indicators for wet, 80/60/40% life.
It'd be even better if all season and all weather tires came with snow indicator too.

The Euro version and WR's tell you the tread depth in mm instead of percentage

Certain continentals have the DWS wear indicators, D(ry), W(et), S(now), or D &W (for summer tires)

[Linked Image from cdn.discounttire.com]

[Linked Image from d2gvvn2873sxv5.cloudfront.net]

Last edited:
Back