GEOLANDAR M/T G003 - LT295/70R18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurk a lot and seldom post. Before I pull the trigger on these I'd like a little feedback good and bad. They are going on a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado TB which have 275/65/18 Duratracs. Those tires are ok but I need a good tire for West Texas red mud (if there is such a thing). Mud is the greasiest, stickiest that I've ever had the displeasure of driving through. I figure it's as bad as freezing rain on pavement except you will eventually reach bottom with the mud.

I've got no experience with those particular tires, though TireRack has a good write-up on them.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Geolandar+M%2FT+G003&partnum=97QR8G003

But I am curious why the change in size, going from a 65 aspect ratio to a 70, and adding 20mm to the width is a pretty big change in diameter and width.

You're going up in diameter by about 2 inches and adding an inch in overall width (according to Yoko's data on this tire).

What is the reason for the size change?

No real reason other that I prefer larger tires. The tires it has on it look like skateboard rubber in the wheel wells. The truck has a factory 2" lift in front and 2" in the back. Height of the wells are 39" and 41". I'll probably change the rear to 1" so it doesn't look like a Rat Fink mobile....€

Last edited:
Makes sense to me.

Factory size tires on my truck look dinky.

I'm sorry no one has chimed in with some first hand experience.

They look like great tires for what you want. Tire Rack certainly liked them.

I wouldn't go larger than a 285 on the stock 18x8" wheel on 2500 & 3500s A 285/75/18 (11.5x35 inflated) is about the biggest tire that will fit your truck without rubbing or fender cutting.
1500s have 18x8.5" wheels, so 295s are an option.

edit; I have 295/65/20 Toyo CTs on my 2500 GMC. Good mud/snow tire.
www.tiresize.com

Last edited:
I'm just happy someone replied. 🤣

Now all I have to do is convince the wife the truck be severely damaged if I don't switch to a bigger tires ASAP. I heard that was the case (on the interwebs 🤯).

Think I'll check on the 295s. From what I've read they don't rub. More checking to confirm. Thanks for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back