Falken Sincera SN250 A/S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody has experience with that tire model? Replacing tires for the 2012 Honda CR-V.

Thanks

No experience with the SN250, but I do have the Ziex ZE950, and they are fine with no problems
smile.gif

Is your size 215/70-16?

For only several hundred dollars more you could get the mighty Michelins.

Just thought I would say it before the inevitable post comes.....

Yep, 215/70 16. Have Hankook Dynapro HT R12 in it right now and they have been pretty good but the Falkens are slightly cheaper and only planning to keep the CR-V for 2 more years.
I actually have the G4 Pro from DT in my Fit and they have been fine, if maybe a bit noisy.

LOL... No, not buying Michelin or Continental
smile.gif

Last edited:
I've had Falken Ziex Ze912's in the past. Can't complain about them for the price, they did get noisy relatively quickly, but that's expected for an inexpensive UHPAS, which I also abused during autocross.

Upon quick glance, the 250's look awfully a lot like the Continental ContiProContacts, which come OEM on a lot of cars. (of course, there are differences in the tread pattern)

Should be fine for their lower price, as long as you don't expect too much out of them.

They look nothing like the Sincera SN250A A/S, which are pretty [censored] OEM tires for the Golf Alltrack in 205/55r17. The aftermarket SN250 A/S is nothing like it, and consequently not available in the alltrack size.

But for 2 years that you're holding onto the car, you should be fine. Looks like the siping only go about halfway down the tread.

Several years ago we put on a set of I believe Sincera 820's? from Americas Tire on my daughters VW Beetle. No problems at all except wore out faster than mfg rating. Good ride, decent handling and in rain. No snow

Ended up going with the devil I know... the Hankooks. My son will be traveling to/from school in this vehicle and the Hankooks have proved themselves in this application. Plus it seems that in case of a problem, the Hankooks are faster/easier to get than the Falkens.
Thanks for the inputs though.

4 new Hankook Dynapro HT RH12 now installed in the CRV. Fresh production date (0618) and now made in the US. Thread looks slightly different than the replaced ones. They are quiet, track straight, no balancing issues and have a nice grip. Ride is a bit jumpy, not too much. $550 OTD with a $50 rebate. Son is happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back