How damaging is a static flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of. The fronts has a slow leak. Was going to put it up on stands before leaving but monsoonal rain put me off.

Will certainly be flat before I’m back in 2 months time. If this will kill the tyre I MIGHT be able to arrange something, but if it’s not very damaging I won’t bother.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
How old is the tyre?
Why do Canadians say colour, armour and zed but not tyre or kerb? It's the fault of those dastardly Americans, somehow!

Canadian English follows UK English spelling rules, but the words we use are North American vernacular, because, well, we're North American. As for the rare instances like Zed it's just an example where the US changed it and we didn't follow, just as we didn't follow when you dropped the "u" from most spelling. Note that we don't "say" colour (it sounds the same when spoken as color) we spell colour.

Having said that, it's perfectly fine (even in School) to use either Canadian or US spelling, what will get you marked down in pre- or post-secondary school is using both in the same document.

Originally Posted By: Kira
You can't raise a car's corner due to rain? Might the car be washed away?

I'm guessing it would make it all too easy for someone to come along and "borrow" the wheel.

Plus he made it sound like he is out of country. "Was going to put it up on stands before leaving but monsoonal rain put me off." He's not around to do this, and won't be any time soon.

The cinder block's a good idea. Set it an inch under the frame. It will also keep the car looking more level which will attract less unwanted attention.

Thanks for the suggestions. If I'd had time and opportunity I'd have put it up on axle stands (which I have, rather than cinder blocks, which I don't, though I daresay they'd work) at the front, but I'd have got soaked to the skin just before leaving, which would have been inconvenient, and I might have missed my plane, which would have been very inconvenient, so I didn't do it.

Too late now.

Having thought about it I don't think I know anyone in Taiwan capable of jacking a car up, so the tyre will just have to suffer.

Plane was delayed a couple of hours, perhaps because of the rain, so I could have done it after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back