Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone here familiar with Mickey Thompson Tires' ATZ P3? I have read good reviews about it. I have been in search of a good set of all-terrain tires. Should I go for it? Any other suggestions? I will be installing it on my 2013 Ford F-150.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tony21
Is anyone here familiar with Mickey Thompson Tires' ATZ P3? I have read good reviews about it. I have been in search of a good set of all-terrain tires. Should I go for it? Any other suggestions? I will be installing it on my 2013 Ford F-150.

For a similar tire price against Cooper ST Maxx

I haven't read much about them. I've ran Nitto Terra Grapplers (4 sets going on 5) and have been very impressed with them. Also have Hankook Dynapro ATMs and like them so far, about 1k miles on them. Great in the snow, though I guess that doesn't matter to you!
The Terras do well in sand and in rocks off road.

Last edited:
Maybe you could tell us more of what you want from the tire.

Priorities?

for example snow performance is important to me, but maybe you want puncture resistance/durability
etc.

Wet traction? hydroplane resistance?

I see you are in NV but maybe you go skiing?

How important is price? Fuel economy. etc.

Mickey Thompson tires can be good but are more of a niche tire.. that are sometimes surpassed by major brand tires.

Yes they are on wife's 2004 jeep wrangler. Previous was MT MTZ which were noisy and hard to keep balanced.
The ATX P3 are way quieter and very smooth running. Have taken everything mother nature has sent to Kansas with ease.
Great tire. Worked very well off road in Colorado also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back