Do yall consider your ride(s) as an extension of your

As I've noted before, I believe that the worst sin a vehicle can commit is to be boring- appliances need not apply. If cars are an extension of your personality I guess I have a severe case of multiple personality disorder.

I don't even know what that means. I don't let a car define my personality.

Not the ride but perhaps the way i drive it, i do see that as a reflection of my personality.

I like to fix things, tinker with stuff. I have always loved stuff that was quick or fast. Unless it was all that was left you would not see me in something like
a Prius, Fit, Corolla. Not my thing. I do my own modifications and put some love into the cars I have modified.

So my two cars that are modified and quick in relative terms are definitely an extension of my personality as I defined theirs.
My close friends know it too as they know I love car stuff.

Last edited:
Efficiency matters and I'm walking the talk with the HAH.
With current warmer temperatures as well as lower RVP warmer weather blend fuel, this is a 50 mpg+ car.
The newer Forester is wife's daily driver and it averages around 31 mpg under the same conditions.
But then I'm like the only guy in our neighborhood of large lots who still uses a push mower. Everyone else has a ZTR or at least a rider even though most of them are more in need of a little cardio than am I judging by their physiques.
Use less and leave more behind for our children and grandchildren as well as their offspring.
A vehicle is no more than a device to transport people and goods.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
With current warmer temperatures as well as lower RVP warmer weather blend fuel, this is a 50 mpg+ car.
The newer Forester is wife's daily driver and it averages around 31 mpg under the same conditions.
But then I'm like the only guy in our neighborhood of large lots who still uses a push mower. Everyone else has a ZTR or at least a rider even though most of them are more in need of a little cardio than am I judging by their physiques.
Use less and leave more behind for our children and grandchildren as well as their offspring.

I have 2.5 acres to cut and I have both a 42" and a 54" ZTR mower; you have an open invitation to drop by anytime and cut it with your push mower.

Originally Posted by MCompact

I have 2.5 acres to cut and I have both a 42" and a 54" ZTR mower; you have an open invitation to drop by anytime and cut it with your push mower.

So good. LOL

To some degree.... Yes. I need a vehicle like many to get back and forth to work and perform other tasks, I would like it to make me happy while it performs that task. I want to be proud of my car, have some pride in what I have been able to maintain and keep working.. To be able to step into a vehicle that I have put my "touch" on, kept clean and operating well I enjoy it. like a new pair of socks, or a fresh hair cut (which baldness has taken from me, LOL). So, yes, my car is in someway a reflection of my personality. It is not compensating for anything, my truck is not lifted with big tires, loud exhaust, train horns, and lights, LOL!

I would say your car is even more of an extension of your personality than mine. You bought your car because of the things you say here,
When I see that type of car that is exactly what I think.

If you thought what you said about a vehicle it would not have been important to buy the Accord. It was more than that to you. Not only does it get you from A to B but it backups up your claim of walking the talk. Nothing wrong with that.

Not really, but I need vehicles that reduce stress while I'm driving. This includes "decent" audio set ups and enough performance that when I need to get going, I can.

Originally Posted by MCompact

I have 2.1, and it's hilly, I'm using a rider. Takes about 1.5 hours with a 48" mower.

I wouldn't say they're an extension of my personality, but I do love my truck.

My 300ZX,definitely! Most of us here are "car guys" and our cars definitely have "soul"
smile.gif

That I sought out my current ride, a base model with hand crank windows...then yes.

Back