Mobil 55% more cleansing agent claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a big sign at a Mobil Exxon gas station, claiming 55% more cleansing agent in supreme 91 octane gasoline.

Hit the 91 octane button for 55% more cleansing agent, is what it says...

How is the customer able to get proofs of this? LOL

Get a scope, look at your internals now....open your wallet and look at in a few months time. Either way if it works or doesn't they got your cash. I always run premium just for the fact that it does not contain ethanol, which burns cleaner, thus leaving less deposits or residue. Don't care about hp numbers etc. But it's proven than non ethanol gas burns far diff than regular.

These new turbo D.I engines I would run nothing but.

Now who knows with these claims. Off the top sounds a bit over the top marketing.

You are more than welcome to run premium when unnecessary. Thanks for stimulating the economy.

In my TGDI I run E15 and smile while saving enough for a free tankful every couple months

Common thought is that ethanol in the fuel actually burns cleaner and dissolves deposits.

Originally Posted by LotI
You are more than welcome to run premium when unnecessary. Thanks for stimulating the economy.

In my TGDI I run E15 and smile while saving enough for a free tankful every couple months

Common thought is that ethanol in the fuel actually burns cleaner and dissolves deposits.

"Ethanol causes damage to fuel systems and engines that pure gasoline does not. The most critical problems are water contamination and fuel separation. Ethanol attracts and absorbs water, including water from the air. When the gasohol absorbs enough water, fuel water contamination occurs in the car's gas tank and that affects engine performance. If the car sits for a while, fuel separation occurs; this is where the gas and water form layers in the gas tank and if the motor sucks up the water layer into the engine, serious costly, damage happens."

"Ethanol is alcohol, and alcohol causes corrosion in the fuel system. Metal parts rust and plastic parts become deformed or cracked."

Sure burns cleaner in the short term. Ive seen what running premium vs cheap gas from start to finish over course of 2 years on two separate engines.

So I'll keep stimulating the economy and my vehicle and sleep well. Could care less, about paying for a full tank over the course of 10 tanks lmao. I'm sure I've made it up in mpg's especially in winter. And probably save money over longevity of some components in fuel system.

You do you chummy, I'm perfectly fine spending a few extra bucks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LotI

Oh and from someone who ran a study with data, which people here demand.

E0. I have a decade plus of accurate mpg records for 5 cars comparing ethanol-free gasoline(E0) to E10. Adding just 10% ethanol to E0(E10) collapses mpg by 8%, 8%, 7%-8%, 7%, & 5%. Ethanol burns efficiently in high 114 octane, high compression ratio(16:1) ETHANOL engines. Used(not burned efficiently) in low 87 octane, low compression ratio(9:1 to 11:1) GASOLINE engines, ethanol fails. Not just old cars either. My two 2013 & 2016 Elantras (bad-mouthed for poor mpg & re-assigned.. EPA--40 to 38), average 39+mpg with E0 & easy 14% city driving, or 38mpg with 21% city & very heavy stop & go traffic. Both cars collapse mpg by 8% & 7%-8%, when using(not burning efficiently) E10. A 2007 Dodge Caliber lost 7%, when using(not burning efficiently) E10.
Here's the rules: Diesel engine engineers know how to build diesel engines burning 100% diesel fuel for efficiency. Ethanol engine engineers know how to build ethanol engines burning 100% ethanol fuel for efficiency. Gasoline engine engineers know how to build gasoline engines burning 100% gasoline(E0) for efficiency. Mixing fuels, for which the engineers do NOT design their specific engines, means mpg losses, well in excess of the btu content differences between fuels.

Originally Posted by wolf_06
I just saw a big sign at a Mobil Exxon gas station, claiming 55% more cleansing agent in supreme 91 octane gasoline.

Hit the 91 octane button for 55% more cleansing agent, is what it says...

How is the customer able to get proofs of this? LOL

Years ago they closed all Mobil Stations in Washington State.

And today, 3/6/20 I saw for the first time x12 more gunk protection for Shell v power, on a tag attached to 91 octane house at a Shell station

Cant find premium ethanol-free gasoline around here anymore. Used to be a couple of stations that sold 89-octane pure gas, but I don't think they were selling enough to make any money.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
Cant find premium ethanol-free gasoline around here anymore. Used to be a couple of stations that sold 89-octane pure gas, but I don't think they were selling enough to make any money.

The one I go to is out of it every now and then when I go to fill up, so then I just go to the Shell, which has the same thing for $1more a gallon. Normally I pay $2.60/gal US for 91 E0 TT.

I'd guess that the add pack they mix with the bulk fuel has increased from 100ppm to 155ppm - to answer your question re getting proof you would have to send gas samples from different stations to soebody like blackstone

55% more than what? read the fine print. it could be 55% more than the lowest grade fuel on the market that can be sold for use in cars,

2 drops of Techron per tank vs 1 drop.

The guy on here who delivers fuel already noted the heaviest dose of chemicals going in the premium
Sorry I forgot who he goes by on the site … anyone ?

Store owner told me Exxon has a guy who takes samples …
tests for correct additives and related concentration …

Originally Posted by 4WD
The guy on here who delivers fuel already noted the heaviest dose of chemicals going in the premium
Sorry I forgot who he goes by on the site … anyone ?

You need to get a refill of your CRS medication 4wd
lol.gif

His name is GoldDot40 by the way wild man... Hope you have been doing good man.

Last edited:
I had already tried gold dot and it was not close enough

Had better search features on a Mac in the 90's

Originally Posted by 4WD
I had already tried gold dot and it was not close enough

Had better search features on a Mac in the 90's

Yeah true indeed... ^^^^^^^^^

They may not be lying about the 55%, but their pricing offsets any real gains. For 60-70 cents per gallon more at my local Exxon stations compared to others, even the smallest tank on my E36 at 16 gallons means 10$ more per fill up, a can of additive is cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back