What adhesive to attached these used emblems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image from fototime.com]

I'll use double sided 3M foam tape for the oval but the lettering is too intricate on the bottom emblem for that. What liquid adhesive good on porous and nonporous surfaces would work between the old foam and paint?

Well, IDK if this is the best or even good but, I've had decent success with this.
It's 3M Emblem & Trim Adhesive in a squeeze tube. It also comes with a narrow nozzle so that you can just about write the Taurus SE on the backside of the logo and goop some on the other FORD placard/emblem, It is textured similar to rubber cement but, dries stronger and can still be removed(from my experience). And it's affordable,

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...EwCSEAQYBiABEgIKoPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I see other similar 3M trim/emblem adhesives at Walmart or Amazon at different prices($5-$12). But some don't have the pointy nozzle thingy and some do.

Last edited:
I have seen several reviews stating that 3m adhesive can damage paint, seems its the black weatherstrip and gasket adhesive.

There is an adhesive template company, but they don't have one for taurus se as they say the emblem is too thin.

Originally Posted by E150GT
I always remove my emblems

When I see that, I think either the car was wrecked and the body shop was too cheap to replace the emblem, or the vehicle is a base model, like an XL, and the owner hopes people think it's a more expensive model like an XLT.

Originally Posted by atikovi

When I see that, I think either the car was wrecked and the body shop was too cheap to replace the emblem, or the vehicle is a base model, like an XL, and the owner hopes people think it's a more expensive model like an XLT.

This^

Scott

Originally Posted by SLO_Town

This^

Scott

Guess it's better than those people that put M badges on their base model BMW's or AMG badges on their Mercedes.

I do too but would like to do humble-badging...like putting a 318ti badge on an M3
smile.gif

I'd put a piece of electrical tape over the "TURBO" on the rear of my '89 TTA. I sold it to a pal of mine and the first thing he did was to pull the tape.

Debadged cars always look like they've been in the body shop.

Lapham3: Was the "turbo" designation particularly ugly? A hunka electric tape had to be conspicuous and ugly itself.

What's a TTA?

What do you do if the emblem has locating pins like the ones shown? I knew a guy who debadged a new Ranger and was left with the holes. Put them back.

Not knocking you, I've been known to debadge as well. Guess it's the opposite of the guys who take a new truck and get pretty decals stuck on the sides. No thanks.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SLO_Town

This^

Scott
That's why people do it, it's the exact same thing as the "325i M" with the stupid tri-colour stripes somewhere on it. Wheels, tires and brakes don't lie to enthusiasts. I get that the fast model can be twice the price, but just buy a sports car you can afford. That's the stuff that kids did in HS with their first car. Super tacky IMO, even if you aren't trying to hide anything it looks like you are.

Originally Posted by AZjeff

What do you do if the emblem has locating pins like the ones shown? I knew a guy who debadged a new Ranger and was left with the holes. Put them back.

Not knocking you, I've been known to debadge as well. Guess it's the opposite of the guys who take a new truck and get pretty decals stuck on the sides. No thanks.

[Linked Image]

I like those if they are tasteful, they remind me of the 90s when it seemed like every car had a beltline pinstripe or weird graphics. My 99 has the pinstripe and "Sport" door graphics on a base model without PW,PL, A/C or ABS.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back