Funnel storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe most are already doing this or something similar. I keep my funnels in a gallon Ziplock bag after use to keep them clean.

I wipe them out with a paper towel and throw them on a shelf in my garage.

Originally Posted by spasm3
I have a plastic bin, i wipe them, spray them with carb cleaner , then put them in the plastic bin.

Thats probably the best way to store them. The smaller funnels I have in a plastic container that used to hold protein powder that has a lid. Larger funnels are harder to store.

I store all my funnels in a clear plastic bag. It's the only way to keep dirt off them. If you hang them up, the oil resdue attracts dirt.

The only funnels not stored in the 'bag' is my sand blaster funnels. I sure do not want to use a funnel exposed to glass beads for motor oil!

I use a clear Rubbermaid-type bin. Funnels, grease gun, fluid pumps (that screw onto quart bottles), etc. all go in it.

i put all the towels i have used in the oil drain pan. then i throw the funnel in there. all the residual oil is absorbed by the towels and i throw them out the next time i use the pan

I keep mine in an empty kitty litter pail with lid. Keeps the garage dust/dirt off of them.

I wipe residual oil off of them. Clean them with hot, soapy water (Dawn dish soap), air dry then put in gallon size zip lock bags. Bags are stored in a milk crate in my basement for future use.

I have 2, one cut off to fill engine oil, one not cut for transmissions or anything with a full tube. I store them on a screw in the wall (hole in the longer funnel, cut off funnel just goes in the longer one). They drain into a catch can I mounted on the wall too. When I need to use one I clean it with brake clean first since they do attract all the garage dust.

There are nice funnel storage solutions out there. I know the tools trucks sell funnel buddies, lisle or someone more reasonable probably sells them as well. They contain the fluid remnants and also shield the top so your funnels don't collect the garage dirt.

I keep mine nested on a shelf in the garage. When it's time to use them, I squirt them with carb cleaner, wipe them down, then good to go.

I usually make a new one by cutting the end off a coke bottle. I don't remember where I stored my actual funnels, but they were in plastic grocery bags.

At work the coffee mess uses the big plastic containers of Folger's coffee. They throw them in the recycling when empty. I dumpster dive and took one which fits a bunch of funnels, and has a nice lid thats easy on/off.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Pretty much what I do. Not too ocd about funnels. Wipe down after use with paper shop towel. Wipe again with clean shop towel before use. About it.

I bought one a long time ago that has a lid and a cap on the end to keep dirt out while not in use. I lost the little end cap so I keep it in an old 12 quart T-fal pan with a few used socks so it can drain into those a long with a couple other funnels I use to drain old oil into my storage can, no worry about them getting dirty.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RCS2G6/ref=twister_B07VH5LXL9?th=1

Originally Posted by Leo99

Same here.

i took a small plastic bin 9 x 9 x 6 deep. and mounted it to the inside front of my bed to hold my locking gas cap. it also holds my starting fluid, and cleaning rags.

Wipe 'em down and put on a shelf. When I got to use one I do a quick check to see if they are dusty or need cleaning--if so, they get another wipe down before using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back