Anyone Using DualLiner Pickup Truck Bed Liner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about Dual Liner as the choice for my F150. I don't like the factory paint being sanded off the bed on my brand new truck for a spray-on liner prep, so spray-ons are out. Drop-ins rattle on the highway and may interfere with water drainage between the liner and the bed. The DualLiner claims to not interfere with water drainage between the bottom mat and truck bed.

I haven't been able to determine, however, if the side panels rattle going down the road so I thought I'd see if anyone here has one and their experience with it.

Never used one but not a fan of rubber mats. They work well at first but then a little dirt/water get under neath them and they start moving around.

And you do not have to remove paint to do a spray on bed-liner. Just scuff, clean, and then install then spray/roll it on.

Dual Liner system apparently secures the rubber mat to the bottom edge of the side panels and front panel guard in order to keep the mat from moving. Mat supposedly has rubber bumps or studs all over underside to allow any water under the mat to travel to factory drain ports in bed. I'm just curious if the side panels rattle going down the road. Interested in real world user experience, not manufacturer propaganda.

I was the poster with one in the other thread.

I've had mine for 3+ years now in my F150 with little to complain about.

If I am remembering my install instructions, the front panel snaps in and the side ones are bolted in in 4 places - in my case at the tie downs and at the box link cleats (which as I understand are not standard on these later trucks). The only issue I have had is one side panel slightly bulges out from the metal leaving a small gap visible at the tailgate. Two sided tape (supplied with the kit) is used to minimize it, but it still happens. I have not had any issues with any flapping of the panels, but I also have a truxedo lo-pro cover. I do run open enough that I would assume I would notice flapping though. I do recall some folks having to trim panels slightly to fit correctly - I did not.

The bad mat "locks" into a groove at the bottom of the side panels (loosely). The mat has nubs on the bottom of it, and I pull mine out at least yearly to clean out underneath it. I have zero scratching or scuffing of the bed to date, and I have hauled sand, brush, and other abrasive things in the bed regularly.

One thing to note - these beds drain more than any other truck I have ever had. A drop in liner will keep it water tight. The spray ins may or may not. This definitely does not (seam between the rubber and side panels). On the good side, it means it means any water that gets in drains easily. The bad side is water can also get in that way.

I'd order another one. It does what I wanted - stuff doesn't slide around and the bed looks great.

Thanks MNgopher. In the real world with a real work truck, employees are not going to always hose out the truck bed each time after hauling "dirty" material (sand, topsoil, mulch, gravel, etc.). What happens when the leftover dirt debris is exposed to heavy rains? Does this grime get washed into the seam between rubber and plastic and make it's way underneath the liner where it acts as sandpaper between the liner and bed?

We currently use drop in liners at my workplace. Abrasion does occur between the liner and bed paint. But, the bed never deteriorates faster than the rest of the truck from corrosion. The liner simple prevents dents and dings (tossed cinder blocks, shovel scrapes, etc.) when the truck is used as a truck. A liner is nice when shoveling out mulch, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back