What year model is this car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP stated that the pic is from June of 1952. Something is amiss here.

Always love to see those old cars.

I reread the post. I’m confused but I’ll defer to 1957. Not sure how 52 fits into this.

Last edited:
Second year Ford used the see through speedometer. I can't see the Y Block symbol so must be an inline six. I think Ford offered the 272 cubic inch V8 for 55. The 239 V8 in the 54 wouldn't pull the hat off your head, and in fact, didn't even make as much power as the 53 flat head V8 which I believe was also 239 cubic inches.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet

I know this car was in a pic from June of 1952,

Not unless you had a time machine!

grin.gif
grin2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
The OP stated that the pic is from June of 1952. Something is amiss here.

Always love to see those old cars.

I reread the post. I’m confused but I’ll defer to 1957. Not sure how 52 fits into this.

Bottom of picture says Sept 57’

OP quote:
Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet

I know this car was in a pic from June of 1952, and this was taken Sept of 57.

Anyone know the make/year/model?

Originally Posted By: car51
I think it’s a 1957 Ford custom 300 4dr sedan

Nope. '57s were quite different and had fins that angled outboard.

I agree with other posters that this is a 1955 model. The first tip-off is the vertical front windshield post, indicating a wrap-around windshield. Has to be a 55 or 56. This car appears to have a circular parking light contained in the grille cavity. The 56 had a parking light housing that wrapped around the side of the fender. Also, my great-uncle once owned one of these cars. He was a life-long Ford man. My grandfather drove Dodges. Go figure. BTW, the only place this car existed in 1952 was as a clay model in the Ford styling studio.

The car in the picture is a 1955 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan. I owned one a few years ago. Mine had the 272 engine with a 3 speed overdrive transmission. It was a fun car to drive, but I sold it to a friend that made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

OP here - Upon further investigation their is date on the other pic, I thought it was 52, not, it's 57 also.

Those who suggested 1955 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan, I agree, that looks to be it!

Thanks everyone!

01.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
I think it’s a 1957 Ford custom 300 4dr sedan

And this is the 1957 Ford for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+1957+ford+fairlane&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=kdZiIT5b8_c_WM%253A%252CmhDwGtBv0QRqYM%252C_&usg=__PJch4uqMEnhP2ciyVt7vUvIkhzc%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7ionM28jYAhVF0VMKHR0rCm4Q9QEIRjAD#imgrc=kdZiIT5b8_c_WM:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back