See through engine (watch combustion in slow mo.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This stuff is the coolest, isn't it? Seen vids like this before, but not with the slow-mo
Seemed to be running some kind of rich at first though, yikes
crazy2.gif
Thanks for posting it up

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol

Seemed to be running some kind of rich at first though, yikes
crazy2.gif
Thanks for posting it up

In one of those videos, they said they had to run rich so you could see it & film it... other wise, the pale blue flame was not bright enough to get video on.

Look at it running on all that LIQUID alcohol!! Who KNEW it could be done?!?!?
At the end, he says it looks like looking inside a washing machine... no kidding.

Running on acetylene.... was just crazy

That was so cool!

My 5 year old just asked me the other day how motors worked. I explained it the best I could, at least to his satisfaction lol.

Gonna show him this video in the morning.
smile.gif

Fuelling was way off on the alcohol. Either they weren't using the carburettor at all, or perhaps the float sank in the lower density fuel resulting in the flooding.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Fuelling was way off on the alcohol. Either they weren't using the carburettor at all, or perhaps the float sank in the lower density fuel resulting in the flooding.

I was waiting for hydrolock to bust the clear head!!

LOL, turn up the volume on the video!!

He explains why he did this.
He even pulls the carb off to unscrew the muffler so he could get film footage of "all the unburned fuel exiting the exhaust".

Did you watch the video?!? He clearly shows he's just dumping the alcohol fuel right into the air inlet of the carb.

Apparently you failed to read or listen.. it was on purpose.

For filming purposes. Cant film a properly running one worth a darn.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
You can't see alcohol flames. That's à problem when fighting race car fires.

Yes you can...haven't you ever played with the stuff ?

You can't see a guy surrounded in blue flame in sunlight, but you can clearly see an alcohol flame.

He just tipped it into the intake...

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Yes you can...haven't you ever played with the stuff ?

You can't see a guy surrounded in blue flame in sunlight, but you can clearly see an alcohol flame.

Search race car methanol fire. Since you don't seem to believe anything unless the net says so.

This is the major problem when we disagree on things. You're just not a motorhead at all. More like a minivan driving soccar dad.

I'm trying to help you.

Since you don't seem to believe anything unless the net says so.

This is the major problem when we disagree on things. You're just not a motorhead at all. More like a minivan driving soccar dad.

My question was whether YOU have ever set fire to the stuff, and observed that you can't see the flame, but you deflect it back that I only ever internet, and tell me to go look on the internet.

I take it from your display that you have never actually set fire to pure alcohols, and OBSERVED what takes place...clearly, or you wouldn't be relying on my googling race fires.

Yes, you can see the flames when you burn the stuff...no, you can't from a distance in strong light...that's what the problem is, not sound bytes that you've picked up off the idjit box...

Again, you've clearly never played with the world around you...

Blue is NOT invisible...hard to see in strong light, when you are doused in the stuff, but not invisible inside a glass headed engine, where it will burn blue like NG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back