Free oil change stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had an idea...I've read on here that you can email an oil company and get OC stickers, so I decided to conduct a little experiment. I emailed them all lol...Pennzoil, Valvoline, Havoline, Castrol, and Mobil, just to kind of test their customer service... I did this Tuesday night and woke up to an email from Ashland saying they had some on the way. Castrol emailed back a few hours with a link of where i could buy some (no thanks). Haven't heard from anyone else. Does anyone have any positive experience with this?

I emailed Mobil asking for some M1 oil change decals. Never heard anything back but a few weeks later a fairly large envelope showed up in the mail. Inside was 6 M1 branded oil change stickers, a sheet of various sized M1 stickers and a hand signed letter thanking me for my interest in M1 products.

They're free at AZ. I got 3 today...they're on a roll in the filter section. The sign said ....take one...but I took 3. LOL!

Wow that's more than I would've expected from Exxonmobil, but really cool to hear...I hope I get some too. I was just very impressed by Valvoline...and somewhat put off by Castrol...they pretty much told me I was **** outta luck lol...

I've never asked for stickers but I've had several emails to Valvoline answered within hours.
thumbsup2.gif

Go eBay and buy 500 sticker for like 4-5 dollar . I bought a pack 8 year ago . And went thru many car oil change . Still have ALOT
frown.gif
. I event give out some to friends and family

I use a Brother Label Maker myself.
But before when I was cheaper (before a label maker) I used a China Marker (grease pencil in military) and would write up in the corner of the windshield. I'd use a permanent marker and write date/mileage on the filter before getting my oily grubby paws on it. I still use a China marker to write oil hours usage on the generator housing. (i.e. if it has 20hrs, and I run 5, wipe clean and write 25). Lazy or old, probably both, I don't have to go rooting around in the house to and never find where I last wrote it. Post-It notes just fall off to easy.

All the auto parts stores around me have them. I would prefer better ones but I can just cut the drive works logo or whatever comes on them off and it's a plain sticker then.

I know I have serious OCD issues about my car (thats why I fit in here lol) but gives me a warm and fuzzy to have a matching sticker for the oil I'm running haha

Originally Posted By: ECUpirate
I emailed Mobil asking for some M1 oil change decals. Never heard anything back but a few weeks later a fairly large envelope showed up in the mail. Inside was 6 M1 branded oil change stickers, a sheet of various sized M1 stickers and a hand signed letter thanking me for my interest in M1 products.

Mobil sent the same to me when I asked.

Also asked SOPUS, I got an email the next day that basically they don't do that anymore due to more restrictive budgets. SOPUS must be taking all that savings and putting it toward the crack staff at the rebate center they use.

I usually just use the top of a post it note.

At all my local autoparts store they even tape oil change stickers to all the jugs of oil in the front row and some oil filter boxes too. Does anyone elses store do that?

Originally Posted By: Stang40
How long ago was it that you got your stuff from Mobil?

Right before my last oil change so it had to have been around the middle of April. I emailed them on March 12 so it took about a month before the goodies arrived. I pulled out the sheet last night and there was a mix of Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 Racing branded stickers. Pretty cool.

Originally Posted By: ECUpirate

Yep - I got the same thing!

Just emailed both Valvoline and Mobil for these...be interesting to see what happens.
I'm a sucker for branded logo free stuff!

Our local auto parts stores have them for free also. AAP & AZ especially, IDK about PB's!

I usually pull an arms length off of the roll of stickers. Last a few years.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back