Mossberg 590/590A1

I have a Mossberg tactical shotgun I am interested in selling but have a question concerning the model. It has 590 on the barrel but with the parkerized finish, heavy barrel, magazine extension, and ghost ring sights of the 590A1. There is a significant difference in value between the two. Does anyone here have a 590A1?

I can't seem to upload pics when creating a new thread, will try with a reply.

Pics
[Linked Image]

Screenshot_2020-05-08-18-58-32-534.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-08-18-59-04-700.jpg

Will do, should have thought of it myself. Does have the metal trigger assy and safety.
I heard that a prosecutor will use a tactically styled weapon in court as a tool to sway the jury whereas the same basic gun in wood (grandpa's shotgun) is a much tougher sell.

I've moved from a rural, conservative county straight into an urban one. All I'm saying.

Great Shotgun! I bought a 500 for myself and its great.....bought the 590 for my parents and it so smooth.

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Will do, should have thought of it myself. Does have the metal trigger assy and safety.
I heard that a prosecutor will use a tactically styled weapon in court as a tool to sway the jury whereas the same basic gun in wood (grandpa's shotgun) is a much tougher sell.

I've moved from a rural, conservative county straight into an urban one. All I'm saying.

i think the A1 has a speed feed in the stock also. i have one also, but mine is plastic trigger and no ghost sights. you can put a pig sticker in the front if you need to

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan

"Black and green" guns definitely get more attention and their appearance is used against you for sure. However you are still in Texas , try being here in Canada lol.

Thanks everyone, it does have the bayonet lug and speed feed on the buttstock. Everything is metal.
Bought it a few years ago for $250. They are selling for $700-$900 on GunBroker.

I think you have a 590A1. The metal trigger guard and bayonet lug are mandatory. I have 2 of them, but without the "speedfeed" in the stock. They are great weapons. Unless you really need the money, don't sell it.

Back