Great Price but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I hunt boar with it!?

_20190823_020246.JPG

Those pistols are an abomination. Anyone that WASTE money on such junk, well, waste money.

And no, you don want to carry that 5 pound gun around if you are hunting boar. Sure you COULD, but you wouldn't like the weight.

.357 in that frame would be a soft shooting cartridge, but underpowered for boar hunting, if I were to choose.

In .50AE, that pistol is a handful. It takes a firm grip to control it.

It's a range toy, IMHO. Lots of fun to shoot. But a big, heavy beast of a pistol. If you wanted an easy shooting .44 mag (oxymoron, I know) then a DE in .44 would be a good choice. If you don't mind lugging it around (I've seen rifles that weigh about the same), a .44 Mag DE would make a good hog hunting handgun.

Regardless, that price is 1/3-1/4 of what it should sell for. Someone has made a mistake.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Those pistols are an abomination. Anyone that WASTE money on such junk, well, waste money.

And no, you don want to carry that 5 pound gun around if you are hunting boar. Sure you COULD, but you wouldn't like the weight.

I'm with ya Bubba.

Originally Posted by Marco620
Called and it was missing a 1 on pricetag.

More like it. Even at $1,585 and change that's not bad at all. But as was mentioned, it's a range toy. They are a beautifully machined and finished handgun. I saw one in .50 AE that was color case hardened, and it was a beautiful pistol.

Originally Posted by hatt
Deagle in .357 makes no sense. .50 or don't bother IMO.

You can buy caliber conversion kits for them quite reasonably if you look for sales. Also different barrel lengths. You can buy the weapon in .50 AE, then pick up a caliber conversion kit for it in .44 Magnum, and / or .357..... Or both.

That way you can shoot it quite cheaply. That's the biggest problem with most of these hand cannons. (Desert Eagle's and BFR Revolvers). Many in the specialty calibers, (.50 AE & .500 S&W), don't get shot much because if you don't reload, it can cost you over $2.50 every time you pull the trigger. I can shoot my .50 BMG as cheaply or cheaper.

Granted the thing is grossly overweight for a .357. But that can have it's advantages at the range, by allowing recoil sensitive shooters to bang away off a rest without flinching like they would with many of the lightweight, short barreled revolvers in the same caliber. Not to mention you'll never wear the thing out. The rotating bolt, gas operated action locks up like a bank vault.

I'd be surprised if 90% of these type guns had over 100 rounds through them. It's similar to how people ran out to buy Inspector Callahan's gun in the 70s. One range trip and it sat in the box for the next few decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back