How & what pistol do you carry concealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent home invasion in my area has me thinking about carrying a pistol whenever possible even when I am on my property, but also when shopping, with a concealed carry permit of course.

How do any of you carry and what type of holster and pistol do you carry.-+/

When & where do you carry?

I wear shorts in the summer and no jacket so it seems that will be hard to conceal a pistol. I also want it to be comfortable.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Beretta Nano
Speer Gold Dot 124gr
Trijicon night sights
LaserMax laser
Uncle Mikes #4 pocket holster (cheap and effective!)

Extremely compact, but accurate
Laser makes gun more rectangular thus printing less. Great to have for those times a sight picture may not be possible.

Last edited:
XD9 tactical. Belt holster. Have to put the barrel into the watch pocket because it sticks out so far.

I had a conceal Cary license at one time . I let it expire .

The state law was so restrictive I very seldom carried . Especially in the summer . Very difficult for this old fat man to conceal without showing a print of the gun , especially when it is hot & wearing light cloths .

For a novice , I recommend a double action wheel gun from a reputable manufacturer .

Maybe a semi-automatic for a more experienced person . And do not forget to clean the dust & lint out of it & lube it , every so often . Especially in summer if it is exposed to very much sweat .

RI 1911 45acp center console Still deciding on what for "lighter" usage. My DE 44 auto mag is a little too large too.
I agree with WT
A Instruction/Safety course for a new user is highly recommend also

Last edited:
Ruger SR9c right side hip with several different holsters depending on weather and or environment.

May of my friends carry A Smith & Wesson Shield in either 9mm or .40

Summer time a ruger LCP380 in a pocket holster and a spare magazine and knife in my opposite pocket , winter fall, spring a glock 19 in an inside the waist band uncle mikes with a thumb break and of course the spare mag in the opposite pocket

carry what you are happy to practice alot with and what is always comfortable to have on you, reliable too. if it is only a 22lr, so be it. a hit with a 22lr is better than a miss with any other caliber. a ccw left at home is useless. im not a fan of sharp recoil and prefer pieces that are easy to fieldstrip. some smaller ccw that i favor: ruger lcr, 22lr and 38sp (wadcutter ammo only). s&w 642, 38sp (wadcutter ammo only). naa guardian, 32acp. sig 238, 380acp. naa mini revolver 22lr.

The only gun that I can wear truly concealed is a small frame .38 Charter Arms Off-Duty revolver. It's really more the holster than the gun.
I carried a Makarov for years and it's quite concealable, jam proof and packs a punch not to be compared with a .380. My third choice would be a PPK auto in the .380 variety.
There is hardly a way to carry a full size auto without a print but if you have a permit, big deal if anyone knows. It's legal as long as it's covered. I call bull on people that say you are a target, no one wants a gun fight especially a criminal.
Too many soft targets.

Hungarian RK 59 9x18mm (Walther PPK Copy) in a Don Hume IWB holster. Mpst often on the opposite side as it is more comfortable and reachable in the car.

It's winter so a Kimber Pro Carry 1911 in 45 is usually my companion, even in the house. If clothing issues or warmer weather dictates something smaller it is a Kahr CW9 9mm, but I can conceal the Kimber quite well if I choose an IWB holster however all my pants will not allow a weapon that big, so again clothing comes into play.

Extreme convenience or concealability gets a Kahr .380 IWB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back