TECHRON Complete Fuel System Cleanner for

B&S 22 H.P. to clean carb and other components ? If so , how many ounces for the 4 gallon gas tank ?

Have always used 90 non E gas for the B+S . It's not Top Tier , too far to travel to carry 2 cans of T.T. gas in the car .

Last edited:
Hmm if a Top tier station has non-ethanol, is the non-ethanol product really meeting top tier designation?

The OP is asking about Techron. So to answer him.
The directions on the bottle usually indicate 1 bottle per 10-15-20 gallons depending on size of the bottle.
But yes 1oz/gallon is about the treat rate. It wouldn't hurt to go 1.5-2oz/gallon.

I never had a problem with a B&S carbed mower....I can't say the same for my Honda 160 powered Husqvarna mower's carburetor...very fussy ….

PS: I'd probably use Gumout Multi Tune Up...it's a sort of Seafoam that contains PEA (the active ingredient in Techron)..It's a
'best of both world's' type of thing....

Why? If it runs, just put top tier fuel in it and run a few hours. They have no problem with E10 gas (unless it's VERY old, quarter of a century isn't old enough to matter) and do not need high octane, but don't leave fuel with ethanol in for months at a time. What many B&S do need every few hundred hours is a valve adjustment, otherwise they get progressively harder to start and performance drops a little.

Properly maintained and used with fuel having a reasonable detergent package, they don't need any cleaner added to it.

Last edited:
Not doing a 30 mile round trip for Top Tier gas . The 90 non E unknown brand has been fine for 7 years . Thinking of internal parts .

^ You make no sense. Top tier gas is not an elusive thing. It's at most gas stations these days.

Higher octane is just overpaying for something with no benefit, unless you have carbon buildup and are drag racing your mower? lol.

You need to step back and consider what others have had success doing, without wasting money on myths. If you have FACTS to the contrary, I mean based on observed issues with your engine, then that's a start and I can get more specific with mine that has no such burdens, but it is only 22 years old, you might have some dinosaur that has special needs, but one of them is not likely to be 90 octane gas for a B&S engine, lol.

T.T. gas is not that abundant in our area and I don't mind spending a little more for gas . Do get T.T. for the cars before or after grocery shopping .
whistle.gif

Last edited:
Back