Gas Is Up Here In Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Yesterday it went up here eight cents on regular....
They never let us stay just under $2 here. When it gets under they run it up.

A buddy in Oakland TN. Is paying $1.57 at Costco

St. Charles County-- 1.699 at Costco, last fillup here which is a seven cent increase from the low. With the exception of Costco, St. Louis area stations used to be controlled by QT. Big jumps, everyone else followed, then gradual steps down from the same price. AG actually tried to get involved with price fixing about a decade or so ago. That appears to have changed, and we now have price differentiation although proximity to Costco seems to be a determinant.

Went up 10 to 20 cents on the Kansas side starting 7 Jan. Still a mixed bag of prices, but the Kansas side is mostly more expensive than the Mo side. I was in Wichita the same day, and I filled up at a QuikTrip at 11 am, and by 3 pm they had gone up 12 cents per gal.

Here in Honolulu it's $2.55/gal for regular and $2.75 for premium, both at Costco. Prices increase quickly but drops slowly. Back in the 90's, the State AG sued both refiners - Chevron and BHP (2 refineries) for price fixing/collusion and won millions that went to the state of Hawaii. Instead of giving back to the drivers the state increased the vehicle registration fees and gas tax.

Last edited:
I have no issue with $2 and up.
Just is it leveling out or what?
Here you can go to 30 stations in a 100 mile radius and every station will be the same price..... really!
The only exception is the gas stations that rent trucks- they will rape you a extra $1 a gallon for those
returning vehicles...

Wow, we pay more than Hawaii? Gas is just now dropping to the $3 mark here.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by HangFire
If you think MD gas prices are bad, cross the line into PA.

Yes PA has very high gas taxes. Across the road is PA. Here.

I try to get my fuel in VA (especially) and WV. Work in VA. MD prices [insert your own word here]. Fuel is 0.50 cheaper 10 miles away in VA. Funny that I live in MD, but get the vast majority of my fuel out of state. Although eastern shore prices aren't as bad.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Zee09
What kind of VA prices are you seeing?

VA today

20190115_170935.jpg

Last edited:
I work in Hagerstown, MD and the last I remember it was $2.29 for regular at the AC&T at Halfway Blvd. Gas here in my part of PA is $2.59, so I try and get gas on my way to work everytime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back