To Seafoam or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a big fan of not using it and while surfing I found this piece on the net.
http://ricksfreeautorepairadvice.com/should-i-seafoam-my-engine/

Even Scotty Kilmer gave me enough info to know to use something better. Was watching a lady trying to add HEET into her tank today. Luckily she didnt get it open. I was able to get ger to buy 0 ethanol 87 and told her keeping your tank full in winter/top off was better. Saved her 4.00 on her yellow bottle of ethanol that she will now return. My good deed is done.

Plain old water does a much better job of cleaning engines, but has potentially more risk by people who don't understand hydrolock.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Saved her 4.00 on her yellow bottle of ethanol that she will now return. My good deed is done.

HEET is actually Methanol...
and who sells it for $4?!?!?
It should be about $0.89 a bottle

Burning pale oil and lighter fluid for a smoke show is not doing much of anything for the carbon. There are better products but they require more work to get the results and they cost more.

I used to work at a gas station and a certain woman always added a can of dry gas to her tank no matter how much gas she bought.

A few weeks before an oil change, i run a can of berryman b-12 in a tank of fuel. When i run that out i run a bottle of techron system cleaner in a tank. When that runs out i change the oil.

With our mazda being DI i'm not sure if that regimen will have any value. Certainly not for the intake valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back