MMO / Seafoam - Ultimate Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Donald
MMO gets a zero, any other product wins.

Why would you say that? I assume pure ignorance or?

A picture is worth a thousand words.
wink.gif
I'm not surprised.

I would like him to test Amsoil P.I. because I know I have seen excellent results with it and I even shoved my camera into the Journey cylinders at plug change time and it did clean up the chambers nicely.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I would like him to test Amsoil P.I. because I know I have seen excellent results with it and I even shoved my camera into the Journey cylinders at plug change time and it did clean up the chambers nicely.

I brought quite a few 2 cycle machines back to life with it. For quick fixes it works well. I have a chainsaw sitting on my bench waiting for a dose when I find the time and the motivation to give it a try. I like the method of delivery, spray can, and foam. But once I'm finished with the can odds are I won't be ordering it again unless I can find a friend who is placing a larger order to order it for me.

If you lived closer I would order it for you. LOL

And I'd have you piggyback it on your order.

That video and another one by a fellow who shows the tops of the pistons in a 4 cylinder Toyota with 300k on it both show MMO doing a bit more than Seafoam to soften and remove carbon. I would not have thought that...

I've been using Seafoam for a while now, and will continue to. I've used it to resurrect a bad tank of gas more than once... I fixed a guy's car in the Waffle House parking lot a couple years back. He had gotten some bad gas about 10 miles back... poured the Seafoam I had with me into his tank and as we stood talking the idle of the car smoothed out and began sounding normal. He revved the engine a few times, it was good.

I had just figured MMO was transmission fluid and kerosene (?)...
shocked.gif
Maybe I should give it another chance as far as de-carboning the engine.

That video and another one by a fellow who shows the tops of the pistons in a 4 cylinder Toyota with 300k on it both show MMO doing a bit more than Seafoam to soften and remove carbon. I would not have thought that...

I've been using Seafoam for a while now, and will continue to. I've used it to resurrect a bad tank of gas more than once... I fixed a guy's car in the Waffle House parking lot a couple years back. He had gotten some bad gas about 10 miles back... poured the Seafoam I had with me into his tank and as we stood talking the idle of the car smoothed out and began sounding normal. He revved the engine a few times, it was good.

I had just figured MMO was transmission fluid and kerosene (?)...
shocked.gif
Maybe I should give it another chance as far as de-carboning the engine.

In case folks haven't watched these video's this guy does real world testing on various fuel/oil additives with lawnmower engines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3F3jDa2xhg

Some of the stuff he does is pretty interesting.

Despite the attractiveness of how it sounds, "real world testing" is for the most part useless. Far too many uncontrolled variables and always followed up with unwarranted conclusions based on perception rather than data.

And I've never used any fuel or oil additives except once in my BMW when it turned out to be a mechanical problem that no additive would have fixed. I have a hard time figuring out why I need these things. Perhaps some people just think you always need to add something to make it more better, I don't really know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back