Finding Local Top Tier Gas with App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Long time lurker with not too many posts. I really appreciate this site!

Anyway, I was using my GasBuddy app (Android) the other day and just realized that the app will tell you which stations near you use Top Tier gas. It will display the Top Tier emblem on the right of the station's name, from which you can tap to go the website for more info.

So far the list near me is: Mobil/Exxon, Citgo, BP, Valero, Shell, 76. (although I thought BP was out of Top Tier?)

I was surprised that some gas brands I use were not considered top tier (Sunoco, Speedway). Time to change stations. Still learning lol

Not sure if anyone uses the app or something like it. Just wanted to put it out there for others. Thanks

Last edited:
I've been using Gas Buddy for about a year now. I usually try to fill up with Top Tier but every once in a while, non-Top Tier gas is significantly cheaper than Top Tier so I go with that. I can usually find Top Tier for the same price or just a few cents more most of the time.

Top Tier in my area is Shell, BP, Exxon & Valero.

Originally Posted By: MikeinNY

Not sure if anyone uses the app or something like it. Just wanted to put it out there for others. Thanks

I tried using the gas buddy app (iPhone) last night for the first time in a while. What I noticed was that while I was looking at the map feature trying to find a station, the app would black out and start streaming video commercials for me to watch instead of helping me.

I think I'll be deleting that app. Some advertising is of course necessary, but this was so gross as to be abusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back