Road America Indy Car

Road America will host a double header weekend for Indy Car July 9-11. ‘This event will be held WITH fans and I predicting 10's of thousands of Fans will invaded The 4.1 mile course and I can't wait.

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
Road America is a beautiful course. I love natural terrain park-like road courses. FIA spec stadium circuits not one bit.

IMSA weekend is hands down best weekend at RA living 5 min away I get their aloooot it is a must go to road course and arguably hands down best in North America.

I have somewhere in my vast DVD collection Sebastian Bourdais setting the course record (I think) in a Champ Car but its not uploaded so here is Bruno Junqueira

I have somewhere in my vast DVD collection Sebastian Bourdais setting the course record (I think) in a Champ Car but its not uploaded so here is Bruno Junqueira

Yes I was there just as every year for many many years.

Super fun track. Wish it was closer to me, but was totally worth the drive a few years ago for NSXPO...

It takes me a day and one half or so to drive there. Have been going to the IMSA weekend the past 5 years or so. I have had this years IMSA weekend booked at Plymouth Rock Campground a long time ago. Not sure if I am going now with this Covid 19. Wait and see how things go. Have not cancelled yet. I have driven most of the track in the Northeast. The Glen is nice to drive, but RA is nice as a spectator. RA is on my bucket list to drive. Dave123 - you are one lucky guy!

I think Road Atlanta may challenge that due to the elevation changes but both are great.

I'll agree with that. But I am a little biased since Road Atlanta is in my backyard.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by I_4
It takes me a day and one half or so to drive there. Have been going to the IMSA weekend the past 5 years or so. I have had this years IMSA weekend booked at Plymouth Rock Campground a long time ago. Not sure if I am going now with this Covid 19. Wait and see how things go. Have not cancelled yet. I have driven most of the track in the Northeast. The Glen is nice to drive, but RA is nice as a spectator. RA is on my bucket list to drive. Dave123 - you are one lucky guy!

Have you driven Palmer Motorsports Park? I've been there twice, and it's weird and scary to me! I need a day or two more there.

If you're in the northeast, Calabogie in Canada is an excellent track. In my opinion, much more interesting than Road America.

I have been to Palmer once. And I was not in a comfort zone at all ! I would need a week or so to be in a semi comfort zone, if even possible there? At least for me. And they can run it both directions. Thompson, LRP, to me is second nature. The Glen is fast and fun, even in a Miata. But it would be more fun with more HP. I will have to look up Calabogie, if they ever let us back in to Canada someday.

It is 5 hours from me. I'm doing the Indy Grand Prix on the 4th of July. Might be fun to do two weekends in a row. I'd probably do the Saturday race at RA then come home Sunday.

I've never been to the track, so I'd love to do it.

Last edited:
If anyone needs area info or questions on anything RA I can answer as I am 5min from track and know the in and out of track.

Watching Bruno's hands he has a good setup, maybe a little bit of understeer in slower corners that would get worse in a full stint.

I don't hold a racing license though any comments from drivers or engineers on that clip?

Nice video. Watch Bruno, if you take a wider entry and pitch into a later apex on the faster corners you'll have a higher exit speed. Also I suggest a full face helmet and fire suit.

If anyone needs area info or questions on anything RA I can answer as I am 5min from track and know the in and out of track.

Hi Dave.

I'm going to the IMSA event this year. I've never been to the track before, and I'm looking forward to it.

Doing tent camping on turn 5.

How is cell phone coverage at the track? Thanks

Hi Dave.

I'm going to the IMSA event this year. I've never been to the track before, and I'm looking forward to it.

In general it is excellent at least for US cellular
Ps think you picked the best event of the year

Hi Dave.

Make sure you get over to Kette Bottom from kink to Canada corner I think some of the best viewing you can sit on the inside of 12.

Back