3) Martin Truex Jr.

4) Chase Elliott

5) Daniel Suarez

6) Erik Jones

7) AJ Allmendinger

8) Brad Keselowski

9) Jamie McMurray

10) Jimmie Johnson

Hamlin and Bowyer will go to the back for making repairs post qualifying. Cars were considered impounded after qualifying and both had brake issues.

Kurt Busch's crew chief, Tony Gibson, had to leave for a family emergency. Johnny Klausmeier is the backup crew chief who he won with at Pocono last year.

Hamlin is on baby watch with his partner due on Thursday. He has stated if she goes into labor he will bail and fly to NC. Regan Smith is on stand-by to take over the car.

Interesting to note that this is the only race of the year that the tires are the same front and rear and left and right as far as codes and circumference. Goodyear has tire code D-4716 on both sides and they all have a 88.23" circumference.

The teams have 5 sets for the race plus the set they qualified on and will start the race on. I think Ryan Newman is going to the back since he flat spotted a set in qualifying.

I'm surprised they didn't find anything wrong with Larsons car this time. Lately they been finding something wrong that they can penalize him for.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I really like the announcers around the track like a radio broadcast.

Maybe you would enjoy to listening to MRN.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I swear E.Jones has the worst luck.

Add Dale Jr to that list.

Just wanted to have a little fun here he comes boys should be going for 3 in a row this weekend

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I really like the announcers around the track like a radio broadcast.

Maybe you would enjoy to listening to MRN.

I do listen to MRN/PRN/IMS. I just think it is cool to have the TV people do the same thing.

Originally Posted By: billt460
What's with the windshield wipers, (wiper)? Since when does NASCAR race in the wet?
many many years on road course only

Goodyear has rain tires on site ready to go. If it does rain they will throw a caution so teams can install a rear red light. There is some thought that there is an aero advantage to the wipers.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Originally Posted By: billt460
What's with the windshield wipers, (wiper)? Since when does NASCAR race in the wet?
many many years on road course only

I didn't know that. It's the first time I remember seeing them in Nascar. However, I rarely watch Nascar.

They need to get a road course race into the Chase.
COTA could be good if they would reconfigure it to get rid of the tight turns from 12 to 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back