2008 Nissan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIL's 20080 Rogue seems to be a bit low on coolant. Probably hasn't been topped up in a year or more so I'm not too concerned at this point. A little confused on what to use, though. Manual states
CHANGING ENGINE COOLANTMajor cooling system repairs should be per-formed by a NISSAN dealer. The serviceprocedures can be found in the appropriateNISSAN Service Manual
but I generally don't go to the dealer for top-up coolant. Any suggestions? Peak OET Asian is listed as 2009+ Nissan applications. The Zerex Asian blue is more and less specific saying it meets all asian vehicle
designed to meet the specifications of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) requiring a blue/green, silicate free, hybrid organic acid technology formulation (HOAT).

Would either be more appropriate? I also have a stash of PGL but that doesn't list any Nissan applications so I figure its out.

Since you already have a stash, the PGL is perfect!
It's just a drain & refill unless you want to screw around with flushing the whole system.
Zerex Asian is also a good one to use(if you didn't already have some PGL). But, I WOULDN'T say that the Zerex Asian is better than PGL(probably same/similar).

And although this MAY NOT BE OPTIMAL, any brand of All Makes/All Models would work as well.

Last edited:
You're looking to top this up, right? Was it so low that you're considering a change? Or just add a few ounces?

If it's just adding, then add it, and don't worry...

If you're adding just a little to bring the reservoir up to the full mark, water, preferably distilled, would be fine. If it needs more, pick up a gallon of factory coolant at at the dealer, but find out why it's low, first.

Just topping up. Reservoir still shows some coolant but its quite low. Might consider doing a drain in spring but for now I just want it full. So the PGL is fine? I'd rather not compromise any freeze protection, though this winter is hardly cold enough to be concerning.

Distilled water .

add when parked HOT ( to the overflow ) maybe a tad over the MAX HOT line.

How the trans? Been doing 30k D&F?

Those are good cars.

Had one. Comfortable,

but a little tight in the back seat.

Terrible gas mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back