those with subaru super coolant experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those in know who has changed an older then 2008 Subaru to the new Subaru super coolant, any opinions on the quality of the super coolant versus the long life green. I know the super has a lower freeze point especially if running 60/40 but any other thoughts or experiences

Originally Posted By: Dupree
For those in know who has changed an older then 2008 Subaru to the new Subaru super coolant, any opinions on the quality of the super coolant versus the long life green. I know the super has a lower freeze point especially if running 60/40 but any other thoughts or experiences

I'm not sure about the temperature range difference, but from what I have read, I thought the real advantages to the Subaru Super Coolant is increased corrosion protection and extended life. Isn't the Subaru Super Coolant rated for something like 135,000 miles?

I have a 2009 Legacy which came with Subaru super coolant. The first coolant change is called for at 137,500 miles or 11 years, and you're supposed to change it every 75,000 miles or 6 years after that.

*Edit: I just realized this thread is a little old.. Oh well, still doesn't hurt to throw that info out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back