Home

Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt

Posted By: Crzydrvr

Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/20/20 10:39 PM

Got this deal on the Walmart website. 12 qts for $84.12.
Only $7.01 compared to the nearly $15/at in store. Also qualifies for free shipping!

Attached picture Screenshot_20200420-173632.jpg
Posted By: RDY4WAR

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/20/20 10:40 PM

That's still really expensive for what is essentially just a bottle of VI improver with no beneficial additives in it.
Posted By: Rick505

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/20/20 10:45 PM

It might be a new record. one minute from the original post until someone comments on a Lucas Product. LOL
Posted By: Rand

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/20/20 11:08 PM

might as well spend 5$ on the pint of diesel fuel gas additive.

stuff is unneeded with less additives in it than normal motor oil.

What need is there to dilute your motor oil with this junk.
Posted By: gathermewool

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rick505
It might be a new record. one minute from the original post until someone comments on a Lucas Product. LOL

The OP wasted his money. What say you?
Posted By: walterjay

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 12:39 AM

What is the reason that you are adding this to your oil?

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 12:49 AM

Just noticed the cheaper price and thought I'd share for those interested. Figured that was the point of this forum.
Posted By: GMguy84

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Crzydrvr
Just noticed the cheaper price and thought I'd share for those interested. Figured that was the point of this forum.

Thanks for the tip !! Don't mind them, I use it also as well as red Hy-per lube oil additive and so have many others I know in the auto industry.

Some on here are rude snobs and love to judge and throw stones at things >THEY< don't approve of smirk2

Dave
Posted By: kschachn

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 01:24 AM

To each their own. I personally hate Pennzoil but dont feel the need to express my thoughts on what they prefer. I stumbled across this forum awhile ago and found it useful myself. I like seeing what deals others have found and shared. I have a ton of oil stashed in my storage unit. I like the challenge of finding deals and taking up on them. I own a repair shop and find it useful to stock up on these deals to keep prices down for my customers and keep some flush oil on hand. Some oil that isnt that great I will use for the initial warm up cycle after a head gasket job and the 500 miles break in period.

Ah yes, the "I personally hate Pennzoil" post but you don't feel the need to express your thoughts.

But Lucas oil stabilizer is okay? A major name brand, fully-formulated and licensed motor oil is hateful but an additive that only serves to dilute that licensed motor oil is worthy of promotion?

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 01:52 AM

I'm sure some people like it and swear by it. You know? Like the Pennzoil people that like their brand. Walmart Super Tech isnt exactly the best thing out there either but some people like it. Makes no difference to me what other people like and use. As I said earlier I thought the point of this forum was to share the deals and promotions we all find to help one another out. I this thread is turning into something pointless like 2 individuals arguing what brand of truck is the best, GM or Ford.
Posted By: RDY4WAR

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by GMguy84

Thanks for the tip !! Don't mind them, I use it also as well as red Hy-per lube oil additive and so have many others I know in the auto industry.

Some on here are rude snobs and love to judge and throw stones at things >THEY< don't approve of smirk2

Dave

I had no intention of being rude. I'm just calling out a scam product when I see it. All this stuff does is dilute your oil's additive package and increase the viscosity. When used at the "recommended" 20% treat rate, an oil with 800 ppm zinc gets knocked down to just 640 ppm. How is that benefiting anything? The viscosity increase doesn't even last as this stuff has really poor shear stability.
Posted By: Marco620

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 02:34 AM

That would lubricate a lot of door hinges,etc. I used to like their stuff but after close examination, oil analysis and helpful bitog-nerds I learned it need and application are really quite small. Since then I have only two additives I will use and know their place. I think Lucas marketing is top notch but the days of going really thick are over for most applications. If you wanted something to "stabilize" I would look to adding a qt of Redline or Neo Synthetic with their esters and higher hths rating.
Posted By: Donald

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 11:58 AM

I would skip it. No need.
Posted By: SubieRubyRoo

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Marco620
I think Lucas marketing is top notch

+1 (well, except for the team under their roof LOL), see below:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ARCOgraphite

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 01:33 PM

Dave

You assert someone is a snob when they avoid a very questionable product and warn about it?

Lucas formulates some great racing oils unfortunately boosted by sales of unbiquitous, inefffective and worthless additives.

Garbage. Unless maybe you are trying to cover up that bearing rap on the used car special out front.

That informs me not to go to your repair shop.
Posted By: CT8

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 01:47 PM

We need stabilized oil.
Posted By: GMguy84

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by CT8
We need stabilized oil.

LOL
Posted By: MolaKule

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 07:03 PM

...Some on here are rude snobs and love to judge and throw stones at things >THEY< don't approve of smirk2

Dave

I think the question being asked is: "What technically or scientifically does this OTC product add to your oil that a properly selected engine oil of the correct viscosity, application, and specification does not have?"

There is nothing snobbish or judgmental when asking about the technical aspect of an oil or additive.

So whether it is HyperLube, STP, Lucas, or any other external additive, one should avoid arguing from an irrelevant, emotional response, but rather provide a reasonable technical explanation as to why this purchase was made.

Posted By: Jackson_Slugger

Re: Lucas synthetic oil stabilizer $7.01/qt - 04/21/20 11:39 PM

And for $84, rather than this swill, you could buy some boutique synthetic...
© 2020 Bob Is The Oil Guy