Home

Mobil 1 rebate is on

Posted By: MrQuackers

Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 04:50 AM

https://apfco.com/secured/R10130W/

I checked the participating stores and Wal-Mart was on my list
Posted By: rubberchicken

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 04:55 AM

Walmart is not listed as a participating retailer in the Terms and Conditions. Did I miss it somewhere else ?
Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
Walmart is not listed as a participating retailer in the Terms and Conditions. Did I miss it somewhere else ?

I also dont see AAP, Auto zone or Oreillys.
Posted By: umungus1122

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 05:02 AM

Yes, I don't see Walmart either?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 05:07 AM

I put my zip in the search for retailers and my local Wal-Mart's were on the list. Previous years when Wal-Mart may not have been on the list I got my rebate I am 100% on XOM rebates

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 05:10 AM

I see Napa, AutoZone & O'Reilly on my local retailer list
Posted By: Char Baby

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by MrQuackers
I see Napa, AutoZone & O'Reilly on my local retailer list

The list I am seeing doesn't show any of the three^^^. However, we should be able to fill out the Retailer Information in that section.
Posted By: tony1679

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 08:53 AM

Yeah, I'm a little iffy on whether Walmart qualifies. Leaning toward no. Worst case scenario, go to Target and have them price match Walmart or Amazon cool. Win/win.
Posted By: dlundblad

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 09:31 AM

Walmart not being on the list gets brought up every single time. It's a non issue.

Interesting to see the rebate end this September. Perhaps they'll only have 1 rebate this year?
Posted By: KevD47

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 09:42 AM

I see the participating retailers listed in the the terms and conditions page. No Walmart, or AZ and AAP. The only search for retailer (by zip or city) that I can find is on XOM’s main page, but that’s just who sells their goods every day, not who is participating in the rebate...
Posted By: KevD47

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Walmart not being on the list gets brought up every single time. It's a non issue.

Ahh, so they’ll accept a Walmart receipt in reality, but it’s not advertised...
Posted By: BigD1

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by KevD47

Ahh, so they’ll accept a Walmart receipt in reality, but it’s not advertised...

Yes they accept Walmart purchases.
Posted By: Kira

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 11:06 AM

Mentioned above, "Yes they accept Walmart purchases."

I'll go to Walmart today and buy some High Mileage oil and see for myself. I'm doubtful.

OP: THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP.
Posted By: PetitFrereArmada

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 11:20 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: spk2000

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 11:55 AM

Good rebate
Posted By: thooks

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 12:32 PM

Is this a one-time deal, meaning one 5-quart jug?

I buy about eight 5-quart jugs of Mobil 1 per year.
Posted By: camryrolla

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 02:15 PM

Looks like it is now a one-time annual rebate deal good for 4 jugs of M1 oils, running from April 1 to Sept 30. Stock up on 4 jugs and be happy until next spring.
Posted By: daman

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 02:41 PM

Sweeeet time to buy!! banana
Posted By: Nickdfresh

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 03:35 PM

I'm wondering if the current Walmart Rollback rate on M1 oils of $25.XX is the new norm or if they'll get back down to $22.XX like the other syn oils?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 03:42 PM

Link to terms: https://apfco.com/Secured/R10130W/Info/Terms
Posted By: Sayjac

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 04:01 PM

The biggies like WM, AAP, AZ, O'R never listed in participating retailers. That said, last time purchased from WM and got my rebate. I would assume nothing has changed. Go to the slickdeals site now and read same thing, WM included.

I'd add that unlike SOPUS, for those that are more comfortable doing it old school, XOM does include an official printable rebate form on thier site. That's the way I did it last and received my rebate in the promised/specified time frame. Kudos to XOM.

Seeing as I don't need it currently, before pulling the trigger likely wait and see if M1 goes on rollback a few bucks. Even without rb, a good deal
Posted By: MoreCowbellAz

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nickdfresh
I'm wondering if the current Walmart Rollback rate on M1 oils of $25.XX is the new norm or if they'll get back down to $22.XX like the other syn oils?

I was wondering the same thing. In previous years I waited to see it go on rollback to $22.xx then make the purchase within the rebate period, puts the out the door price to around $2.16 per qt. As you said, I can't tell if $25 is the new norm or if that's actually rollback, I saw conflicting things on the website.

Anyway, 4 jugs of that sets me up for the year, and at $2 a qt for syn I see no need to buy conventional anything. Pretty simple.
Posted By: JohnNYPD

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 06:46 PM

Looks like they are now doing 4 rebates per address.
Last years rebate was only 2 per address.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 06:58 PM

I think they've condensed the rebate into one six month one as opposed to two six month ones. That's probably why Mobil is allowing four rebates...
Posted By: JohnNYPD

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/02/19 11:33 PM

I think they've condensed the rebate into one six month one as opposed to two six month ones. That's probably why Mobil is allowing four rebates...

You are probably right ........
Posted By: Bonz

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 12:19 AM

Is the difference of $25 per jug vs $22 per jug an issue? The other oils don’t have a rebate, and on a 5qt jug it’s $.60 per quart discounted difference... geesh...
Posted By: cdlamb

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 12:56 AM

Pennzoil also has a $10/jug rebate, up to 4 jugs. Good until end of 2019.

I purchased all 4 on one receipt, at a sale price, $29.69 CAD for 5 L, will be about $4.75/ liter including taxes, & all other fees after the rebate.
Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 01:07 AM

I bought two five quart jugs M-1 EP today. Purchased at Meijer, for I wasn't gambling on Exxon-Mobil honoring any rebate purchases at Walmart.

I think my new Hyundai 2.4 GDI will love the switch from Quaker State factory fill 5W20 to Mobil-1 EP 5W30.
Posted By: macarose

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 02:31 AM

I bet it will be Walmart approved but remain Amazon declined.

Maybe it will be Pep Boys approved as well. They tend to chuck a lot of clearance oil in my neck of the woods.
Posted By: WylieCoyote

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 02:47 AM

Oh man.....bought my clearance M1 at Target on 3/29. Arrrgh
Posted By: bowlofturtle

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 03:23 AM

Normally i just get the oil... are the filters worth it at $5 off? I assume most filters run about $10-12.

i'm a 5k OCI person so i never cared for fancy stuff. Normally pureone or orange can
Posted By: Wolf359

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by bowlofturtle
Normally i just get the oil... are the filters worth it at $5 off? I assume most filters run about $10-12.

i'm a 5k OCI person so i never cared for fancy stuff. Normally pureone or orange can

Depends on the filter you're using. There's a bunch of them on clearance at Walmart so if it's $2-$4, it's fine. But mine is still $14 and I can get a cartridge filter on Rockauto for around $7-$8 so even with $5 off, it's a $9 filter so still cheaper on Rockauto.

Originally Posted by Bonz
Is the difference of $25 per jug vs $22 per jug an issue? The other oils don’t have a rebate, and on a 5qt jug it’s $.60 per quart discounted difference... geesh...

Why not keep going and say it's a less than 2 cents an ounce? I think normally the lowest is $22.88 and now it's $25.47 so really about 1.6 cents cheaper per ounce. But if you're buying four 5 quart jugs and you don't need to use it now, there's no harm waiting for the price to drop to $22.88, you'd save $10.36.
Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Depends on the filter you're using. There's a bunch of them on clearance at Walmart so if it's $2-$4, it's fine. But mine is still $14 and I can get a cartridge filter on Rockauto for around $7-$8 so even with $5 off, it's a $9 filter so still cheaper on Rockauto.

Originally Posted by Bonz

Why not keep going and say it's a less than 2 cents an ounce? I think normally the lowest is $22.88 and now it's $25.47 so really about 1.6 cents cheaper per ounce. But if you're buying four 5 quart jugs and you don't need to use it now, there's no harm waiting for the price to drop to $22.88, you'd save $10.36.

This!

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 01:30 PM

I paid $1 more at Meijer yesterday for M-1 EP. That store is on Mobil's approved list. For an extra $1 & small change. I have no reason to gamble WallyWorld will be approved.
I actually hope they aren't approved and Mobil sticks to their Approved List.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 01:45 PM

….I actually hope they aren't approved and Mobil sticks to their Approved List.
How very adult of you. But enlightening nonetheless.

As for possible WM M1 rollback, thinking further, prices could go up. Been known to happen, then current WM price could be the rollback target.
Posted By: alteredtuning990

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 02:39 PM

When a legit oil purchase makes one feel like a thief.

Target had M1 on sale $2.63/qt. I bought all they had - 18 That was on 4/1. Three Rebates at $12. After tax, I ended getting 18 qts of Mobil 1 for $14.

Highway robbery - lol.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I paid $1 more at Meijer yesterday for M-1 EP. That store is on Mobil's approved list. For an extra $1 & small change. I have no reason to gamble WallyWorld will be approved.
I actually hope they aren't approved and Mobil sticks to their Approved List.

Plenty of posts out there saying they accept Walmart purchases. Just look.

I just bought some Delvac from Walmart.com and received my checks from XOM a few weeks ago. I also buy all my M1 from Walmart during their rebate promo and always get my checks. Never an issue.

Posted By: ABursell

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 03:02 PM

Enter this promotion and get a $5 coupon for Mobil 1 at Walmart. One per household but if you have friends or are creative...

https://apfco.com/Secured/W1781S/

$22 roll back (hopefully) - $12 rebate - $5 coupon = $5 per 5 quarts.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 06:58 PM

^^^Nice, thanks!
Posted By: SubLGT

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 07:00 PM

Bought a 5qt jug of M1 0W-40 today at Walmart, for $22.88

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by ABursell
Enter this promotion and get a $5 coupon for Mobil 1 at Walmart. One per household but if you have friends or are creative...

Man, thanks for this. I just did it and got the $5 coupon. Here it is. I blacked it out so someone does not use mine.

So, if I got this right. You said if we are "creative"..... Ok, Roger that! I think that is very innovative.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 09:34 PM

I just saw this for the first time now on Mobil 1's website.

Is this their response to Shell Rotella for trucks? And they are pricing it as high as they were pricing their Annual Protection Oil when it came out.

Will people actually fall for this price?

Shell Rotella for Trucks is $24. Mobil 1 for Trucks is $45.

Is Mobil 1 for trucks actually $21 more than Shell in protection?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GMguy84

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/03/19 10:42 PM

Oh boy here comes clearance wave 2019 shoot

Had to return some brake pads and 2 hours later bs'ing cars and parts with cool manager, I walked out with (2) 5 QT jugs of Mobil 5W30 FULL SYN for $6.50 each w/tax getdown

Gotta say guys, Free >Mobil< full syn oil Wednesday is AWESOME !!! !! banana

Now off to the " XOM rebate waiting room" lol

Dave

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/04/19 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by GMguy84

Had to return some brake pads and 2 hours later bs'ing cars and parts with cool manager, I walked out with (2) 5 QT jugs of Mobil 5W30 FULL SYN for $6.50 each w/tax getdown

Dave
[censored] Dave, how do you do it?!?
Posted By: jayjr1105

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/04/19 12:56 PM

So two questions. Can I purchase online? And can I purchase two of AFE and two of High Mileage? The rebate form doesn't let you mix and match. I'll switch it to all 4 being the same type if so.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/04/19 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by tony1679

Dave
[censored] Dave, how do you do it?!?

Well "A little of this and little of that" and either "you hustle life or life hustles you" Beer2

Don't worry Tony, in a few months she'll all be yours lol oilburner

Dave
Posted By: Barkleymut

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/05/19 12:33 AM

Just a heads up, do not order M1 and have it shipped to store and expect to get a rebate. First time I have ever not gotten a rebate.
Posted By: BTLew81

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/05/19 01:09 AM

My father and mother in law will be getting a few of those 5 dollar Walmart coupons for me. Anyone think there is an issue submitting several rebates (separate and over several months) using those five dollar off deals?
Posted By: blupupher

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/05/19 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by BTLew81
My father and mother in law will be getting a few of those 5 dollar Walmart coupons for me. Anyone think there is an issue submitting several rebates (separate and over several months) using those five dollar off deals?

Ethically, kind of
Legally, kind of.

For me, I got one $5 off coupon.
My sister also happened to get one.
My mom as well.
Hmm, so did my brother.
They all went to the store and bought one 5 qt jug of Mobil 1.
I also bought one 5 qt jug.
They gave me their receipt (nothing in the rules against that).
I sent in all four for the allowed rebate amount.

That is my story and I am sticking to it. smile.

I know of some that will use multiple e-mails for multiple coupons, and also use multiple address for the rebates to get many more jugs than they are "allowed"
I am not the rebate police, nor their moral guide, but wish they would not do it, too much abuse of the system makes manufacturers stop rebates.

I actually only have one coupon, not even sure I am going to use it.
I just have too much oil, but $1.10/qt for Mobil 1 is hard to pass on.
Posted By: parshisa

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 12:03 AM

The question remains: can i use 5$ off coupon amd still submit the rebate?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by parshisa

Yes, they are separate promotions.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 12:44 AM

They are, but does it say anywhere that they can be combined? Or does it say otherwise? Or am I complicating it for no reason?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 12:47 AM

They are, but does it say anywhere that they can be combined? Or does it say otherwise? Or am I complicating it for no reason?

This to the 10th power!
Posted By: Kage860

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 12:52 AM

I just ordered 4 jugs of 0w-40 on rollback at wm for $22.88 each. Didnt use $5 coupon, says in person only and i ordered online. Amazon is the same price. Now to figure out this rebate. Good price for a great oil Cheers1

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by blupupher

Yes, they are separate promotions.

From rebate T&C

Rebate cannot be combined with any other offer, coupon or discount card.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 04:32 AM

Last year I purchased 1 jug of Mobil 1 with an Earth Day coupon of $10 off. Later I purchased another, both purchased at Walmart. I submitted both receipts online and received my $24 check in the mail, so you can sometimes combine offers apparently.
Posted By: CKN

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 03:49 PM

Unbelievable........

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by CKN

Unbelievable........

LOL..., you guys are hilarious.
Posted By: bullwinkle

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/06/19 09:37 PM

The question remains: can i use 5$ off coupon amd still SUBMIT the rebate?
Well, I capitalized the key word in your sentence! I would say you'd PROBABLY get it, but there are a few members here that haven't got their M1 rebate from last year yet... (not me!)

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/07/19 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by CKN

Unbelievable........

A year from now, that guy will be [censored] up a storm of how both Exxon-Mobil and SOPUS suck with their rebates because they deny him...

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/08/19 10:51 AM

***Um, no online rebate form?!?

From the T&C:
"To receive the $12 Rebate, send original register receipt(s) showing proof of purchase(s) of five (5) or more quarts of any Mobil 1 Eligible product.
*OR Complete the online offer form at mobil.us/rebateform. You may text keyword MOBIL1REBATE to 44724 to receive a one-time text reply message containing receipt submission instructions or as an alternate form of submission, scan or take a photo of your sales receipt, complete the online offer form at mobil.us/rebateform. Upload an image of your cash register receipt(s) dated during the Promotion Period from a Participating Retailer with Eligible product(s) circled. All online submissions must be completed by 11:59:59 p.m. CST November, 14, 2019."

When you copy and paste the link, it takes you to a page stating "The last day for submissions was October 31, 2018 and no additional submissions may be made at this time." duh

Are they really this clumsy? I'm really gonna be mad if I can't do the online rebate. That's the whole reason I bought into it.
Posted By: azianbob

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/09/19 06:49 PM

Does anyone know if this rebate still works for Costco or Walmart in 2019? There were some comments saying that they are still participating retailers but I just checked and did not see either of them on the list.

Thanks

https://apfco.com/Secured/R10130W/Info/Terms
Posted By: kschachn

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/09/19 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by azianbob
Does anyone know if this rebate still works for Costco or Walmart in 2019? There were some comments saying that they are still participating retailers but I just checked and did not see either of them on the list.

Thanks

https://apfco.com/Secured/R10130W/Info/Terms

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-back-on-rollback-at-walmart#Post5068703
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-back-on-rollback-at-walmart#Post5069197

Interesting, you're the third or fourth new user who has joined just to ask that question.
Posted By: fortesquieu

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/10/19 05:37 PM

No love for Canada!
Posted By: Touring5

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/12/19 07:42 PM

First off, thanks for the heads up.

Today I registered for, and printed out the coupon before heading to WM. Grabbed 4 jugs of European formula and headed to the self checkout. I scanned the four jugs and then asked tbe WM employye to help me with the Mobil1 coupon. She struggled with it and had to call a supervisor to figure it out. After the supervisor spent about 10 minutes, he voided the whole transaction and started from scratch, then it took the coupon and applied $5 off to EACH jug. I commented that I thought it was a single $5 credit and he just reiterated that it worked for each jug.

So I got each jug at $17.88 out the door. Now if the rebate is honored it'll be the best deal since Debbie from Shell sent the free PU a few years ago.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/12/19 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Touring5

First off, thanks for the heads up.

Today I registered for, and printed out the coupon before heading to WM. Grabbed 4 jugs of European formula and headed to the self checkout. I scanned the four jugs and then asked tbe WM employye to help me with the Mobil1 coupon. She struggled with it and had to call a supervisor to figure it out. After the supervisor spent about 10 minutes, he voided the whole transaction and started from scratch, then it took the coupon and applied $5 off to EACH jug. I commented that I thought it was a single $5 credit and he just reiterated that it worked for each jug.

So I got each jug at $17.88 out the door. Now if the rebate is honored it'll be the best deal since Debbie from Shell sent the free PU a few years ago.

I posted this and wish I had known about the coupon applying to multiples. I have 4 receipts that I submitted on one rebate submission ($48) and hoping it goes through. I think 1 receipt would be much better odds.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/14/19 05:05 AM

I went to Target and found an abundance of 5w-20 HM for $2.63 each, sweet! I purchased 15 quarts, but then I saw on the receipt no mention of Mobil and the item number was not a Mobil part number but a Target item number. Ugh, off to customer service for a refund, fortunately a short line.

So, off to Wal-Mart where I purchased 4 jugs of 0w-30 AFE at $22.88 each. I checked the closeout aisle to see what M1 filters were there. None that I need, but no problem. The cheapest was $3.50 so I got 4 of those. I will unload them on eBay probably. Nice to get M1 for less than $10 a jug

Thank you XOM laugh
Posted By: RonRonnster

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/14/19 06:59 AM

I just purchased a jug of Mobil1 10w30 HM for my truck’s next oil change using the $5 off coupon at Walmart. I submitted the $12 rebate as well. Fingers crossed - $5.88 for a jug of Mobil1 is hard to beat. Thanks for those who posted and gave us a heads up on the coupon and Rollback!
Posted By: T4RF

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/15/19 11:07 PM

Anybody know if you buy a filter one one receipt and a 5qt oil on a separate receipt from the same retailer, will they honor it for the $17? the terms and conditions appear that you can do this. It says "attach the receipt(s)" and doesn't mention the combo must happen in a single purchase or even from a single retailer.

Reason is: I was in a hurry and found a $3 Mobil 1 filter at Walmart, but I forgot about the rebate and didn't pick up the oil too. WIth the oil it would be $22 oil + $3 Filter=$25-17 rebate= $8 for 5qts of mobil 1 plus filter. Crazy deal.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/15/19 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by T4RF
Anybody know if you buy a filter one one receipt and a 5qt oil on a separate receipt from the same retailer, will they honor it for the $17? the terms and conditions appear that you can do this. It says "attach the receipt(s)" and doesn't mention the combo must happen in a single purchase or even from a single retailer.

Reason is: I was in a hurry and found a $3 Mobil 1 filter at Walmart, but I forgot about the rebate and didn't pick up the oil too. WIth the oil it would be $22 oil + $3 Filter=$25-17 rebate= $8 for 5qts of mobil 1 plus filter. Crazy deal.

They better, because this is my plan.
I agree it says nothing about them needing to be bought together, just submitted.

I have the filter, and plan on buying 1 jug to to do the oil/filter rebate. I may buy another 5 qt jug and do just the oil rebate (if I can't find any more $3 M1 filters).

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/16/19 01:43 AM

^I think it's fine. I submitted mine from several stores. The only odd things are that it will only let you upload one image if you choose the email method, and it doesn't seem to allow you to mix and match different rebate types (example 2x $10 rebates, 1x $7 rebate, and 1x $12 rebate).

If you're mailing it in, I'm sure all will be fine. shrug

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/16/19 02:15 AM

^I think it's fine. I submitted mine from several stores. The only odd things are that it will only let you upload one image if you choose the email method, and it doesn't seem to allow you to mix and match different rebate types (example 2x $10 rebates, 1x $7 rebate, and 1x $12 rebate).

If you're mailing it in, I'm sure all will be fine. shrug

So I can take a pic of both receipts in it and that should satisfy it?

Sounds like I will be doing 2 separate rebates (oil/filter and then just oil) then if you can't mix and match (which I did not think you could).

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/16/19 03:48 AM

They may use common sense and apply $17 + $12, but common sense isn't so common these days... I wouldn't chance it. And I would think your picture method should work just fine. I set all 4 receipts on my scanner and scanned one page. In one case, I had 5 receipts. I placed them 2x2 with the longer one at the bottom sideways. They surely will figure it out.

Just make sure the qualifying products are circled as it's in the terms. That's the other reason I scanned them in... I didn't want to alter the original receipts.
Posted By: liberty

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/19/19 11:18 AM

I just read through all the pages. Any idea if the European formula M1 0w40 qualifies?
Posted By: 1JZ_E46

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/19/19 04:21 PM

Just ordered two jugs of M1 10W-30 HM on rollback w/ free delivery. I've given up on purchasing in store... it's a coin-flip if what you're after will be in stock or not. Comes out to $2.18 per quart after the rebate.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/19/19 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Just ordered two jugs of M1 10W-30 HM on rollback w/ free delivery. I've given up on purchasing in store... it's a coin-flip if what you're after will be in stock or not. Comes out to $2.18 per quart after the rebate.

Don't blow away your order on Walmart online. Depending on who your shipper is they may or may not send a receipt with you oil and you can get one off the Walmart site.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/19/19 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by liberty
I just read through all the pages. Any idea if the European formula M1 0w40 qualifies?

Any flavor of Mobil 1 qualifies. In the terms and conditions it is stated that all viscosities of Mobil 1 qualify for the rebate.
Posted By: 1JZ_E46

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/20/19 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Don't blow away your order on Walmart online. Depending on who your shipper is they may or may not send a receipt with you oil and you can get one off the Walmart site.

I successfully received two rebate checks last year (spring and fall promo) with Walmart online orders. The key is to attach the email receipt that says “your order has been delivered.”

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/20/19 03:20 PM

I successfully received two rebate checks last year (spring and fall promo) with Walmart online orders. The key is to attach the email receipt that says “your order has been delivered.”

Yep that's the one.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/22/19 10:59 PM

Just to remove all doubt, I contacted Mobil to verify

Attached picture 20190422_155310.png
Posted By: Tyson

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/23/19 07:48 AM

I submitted the rebate 2 weeks ago, but when I "check status", no records are found. Do you guys see your rebates pending?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/23/19 10:45 AM

^Nope. You're not alone. I'll post if the status changes on any of mine.
Posted By: MoneyJohn

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/23/19 10:55 AM

Just to remove all doubt, I contacted Mobil to verify

What mail ID did you use to write to them?
or
Contacted from here, http://www.mobil.com/mobiloil/contact-us?lang=EN

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/23/19 07:48 PM

Not sure what you are asking. I contacted Mobil through their site. They replied to the email address I provided.
Posted By: MoneyJohn

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/24/19 11:03 AM

Not sure what you are asking. I contacted Mobil through their site. They replied to the email address I provided.

Thank you. That answers my question.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/24/19 02:53 PM

Is M1 TDT 5w40 included?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/24/19 03:27 PM

There's a separate section for Delvac and TDT rebates...

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/24/19 05:10 PM

Thanks. Found it.

https://mobiloil.com/en/promotion/mobil-promotions/40-off-mobil-delvac
Posted By: redbone3

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/25/19 11:03 PM

Just bought a jug of Euro 0-40. Got my $5 coupon honored (minor difficulty there, some kinks in that system) and submitted for the rebate online. Last one I did took a long time, but eventually came through.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/25/19 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by redbone3
Just bought a jug of Euro 0-40. Got my $5 coupon honored (minor difficulty there, some kinks in that system) and submitted for the rebate online. Last one I did took a long time, but eventually came through.

Yeah, with the $5 coupon I had a bit of an issue as well. Found out if you do it at the self checkout, you scan the oil, select pay, then select "scan gift card", then scan the coupon.
If you scan it before selecting pay, it charges you $0.03.
The also will not take a digital copy of it at the regular checkout (clerk said they need the physical coupon to get reimbursed). You may be able to scan the digital copy at the self checkout doing as mentioned above.

I still need to go buy a jug of oil to go with my clearance filter so I can do the $17 off instead of just $12.
Just need to decide which one to buy (I know it will be 5w-30, just not sure if it will be regular, HM, or AFE).
Posted By: Tundragod

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/26/19 01:34 PM

Dang, I bought the oil filter in March!
Posted By: azianbob

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/27/19 05:59 AM

For those of you that find M1 on Target for like $2, are they on the wall with all the other motor oil? Or is there a special clearance section in the store? I've been to multiple Targets in my area and they don't even carry M1.

Also I got a $5 off M1 at Walmart coupon, but in the store once I scan it I only get 3 cents off ... anyone else having this problem?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/27/19 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by azianbob
For those of you that find M1 on Target for like $2, are they on the wall with all the other motor oil? Or is there a special clearance section in the store? I've been to multiple Targets in my area and they don't even carry M1.

Also I got a $5 off M1 at Walmart coupon, but in the store once I scan it I only get 3 cents off ... anyone else having this problem?

At my Target's in Oklahoma the clearance Mobil is at the end caps near automotive in the clearance shelfs, But since you live in LA there's a GOOD chance some reseller or hoarder already wipped out most store. Living in a high pop urban area sucks to score deals like this

Dave

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 04/27/19 07:00 AM

I found Mobil 1 at Target and purchased 15 quarts of it! Then I glanced at the receipt and noticed it did not say what oil it was and the numbers were not Mobil numbers. No way the receipt would work for the rebate so I went to customer service and got a refund. *GADS*

Went straight to Wal-Mart and grabbed 4 jugs of Mobil 1 AFE for $22.88 each

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/01/19 06:00 PM

Guys would my method work for the rebate?

I'm from Canada and I'm planning to cross the border to Washington State and buy these M1 oil and filters.

When I submit the rebate, I can use my sister's address in California and choose to receive online rebate check.

Do you foresee any problem here?

Thanks!

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/01/19 08:32 PM

I found Mobil 1 at Target and purchased 15 quarts of it! Then I glanced at the receipt and noticed it did not say what oil it was and the numbers were not Mobil numbers. No way the receipt would work for the rebate so I went to customer service and got a refund. *GADS*

Went straight to Wal-Mart and grabbed 4 jugs of Mobil 1 AFE for $22.88 each

That's when you tell them you want a real receipt or you're returning their oil.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/01/19 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by fortesquieu
Guys would my method work for the rebate?

I'm from Canada and I'm planning to cross the border to Washington State and buy these M1 oil and filters.

When I submit the rebate, I can use my sister's address in California and choose to receive online rebate check.

Do you foresee any problem here?

Thanks!

You should be very fine.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/03/19 09:48 PM

Well, hopefully all my rebates go through.

Had to do 3 separate Mobil 1 ones ones due to being bought at different stores and dates, did not want to give them an reason to deny the rebates.
Also did 1 AutoZone one.

I spent a total of $117.71 including tax on 20 qts of oil and 4 filters.
I will have four $17 rebates and one $10 rebate (from Auto Zone), for a total of $39.71.
So basically $2/qt and four "free" filters.
Normal full retail for this (from Walmart) would be $160.
Full retail from AutoZone, it would have been $240.

This is why I have a stash.
Depending on how you look at it, I "saved" $200 for about 1 hour of effort (20-25 minutes submitting rebates, another 30 minutes or so buying the stuff, but was already at store for other things, so not a special trip).

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/04/19 05:16 AM

Well, hopefully all my rebates go through.

Had to do 3 separate Mobil 1 ones ones due to being bought at different stores and dates, did not want to give them an reason to deny the rebates.
Also did 1 AutoZone one.

I spent a total of $117.71 including tax on 20 qts of oil and 4 filters.
I will have four $17 rebates and one $10 rebate (from Auto Zone), for a total of $39.71.
So basically $2/qt and four "free" filters.
Normal full retail for this (from Walmart) would be $160.
Full retail from AutoZone, it would have been $240.

This is why I have a stash.
Depending on how you look at it, I "saved" $200 for about 1 hour of effort (20-25 minutes submitting rebates, another 30 minutes or so buying the stuff, but was already at store for other things, so not a special trip).

Welcome to the club cool. I have $318 in rebates pending (it was a headache getting all that info together, but worth it). Even if I get denied for every last one, I still profit. The question is how much...? Been almost a month after submitting online and they still don't acknowledge even one rebate in their system. shrug
Posted By: jfranks314

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/05/19 01:28 AM

Went by my local Rural King last night in Springfield OH. They have a manager's special on Mobil Super for 10.88 with $7 rebate = $3.88 for 5 Qts. Thanks for alerting me to this deal!

Best to all,

Jim
Posted By: K20FA5

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/05/19 03:16 AM

I’ve read through, and my question; they accept receipts from Walmart and/or Pepboys even though they aren’t listed in the terms and conditions?

I’m going to go stock up next week banana

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/05/19 12:18 PM

My rebates still do not exist in their system almost a month later, and I submitted via their site duh

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/05/19 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by K20FA5
I’ve read through, and my question; they accept receipts from Walmart and/or Pepboys even though they aren’t listed in the terms and conditions?

I’m going to go stock up next week banana

They definitely accept Walmart because I have done it many times.

Don't know about Pepboys. They only exclude Amazon.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/05/19 12:42 PM

My rebates still do not exist in their system almost a month later, and I submitted via their site duh

That's normal.

When it does show up, it probably won't be dated with your submitted date, which irks me.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/05/19 03:08 PM

It's very normal, the last time they only posted the ETA in the "Check Status" field after I got it...

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/05/19 03:30 PM

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Picked up 4 jugs of AFE and just submitted my rebate online. It was nice that I could do all 4 rebates on 1 submission!
Posted By: mewisemagic

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/05/19 11:41 PM

Mobil delvac is on sale at Sams till 5-7 $36 for 4 -1 gallon case thought bout using rebate to get $6 off per jug?
Posted By: SlavaB

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/06/19 06:34 AM

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Picked up 4 jugs of AFE and just submitted my rebate online. It was nice that I could do all 4 rebates on 1 submission!

That’s the only nice thing about it. Their tech seems to be so outdated, they don’t even list any of my 2 submissions from 3 weeks ago as received. Honestly, with all of the money they have - it could be done better.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/06/19 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by SlavaB

That’s the only nice thing about it. Their tech seems to be so outdated, they don’t even list any of my 2 submissions from 3 weeks ago as received. Honestly, with all of the money they have - it could be done better.

How do you even check?

All I got was an email telling me it has been submitted. No link to check the status or anything (like Pennzoil does).

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/06/19 04:02 PM

https://mobil.rebateresearch.com
Posted By: zorobabel

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/06/19 05:02 PM

All I got was an email telling me it has been submitted.

I didn't even get that.
Posted By: EricBeau

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/11/19 12:20 AM

Picked up my M1 HM 5W-20 and M1-110A at Walmart, submitted rebate for $17.00 eCheck and promptly received confirmation email. Will update when I receive it.

In other news I plan to run this filter for two OCIs (10k miles total). First time I’ve ever done that!
Posted By: tenderloin

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/21/19 04:41 PM

Can you purchase online at Walmart or need to go to a store to purchase? TIA
Posted By: DoubleNickels

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/21/19 07:09 PM

I am reading that everyone got last year's rebate promotion. However everyone is still waiting for this year's promotion. Not even able to confirm rebate status online.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/21/19 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleNickels
I am reading that everyone got last year's rebate promotion. However everyone is still waiting for this year's promotion. Not even able to confirm rebate status online.

https://mobil.rebateresearch.com/

Give it about a month after submitted to show that it's being processed.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/21/19 10:16 PM

Chevron Havoline happens in a few days.
Posted By: AuthorEditor

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/21/19 10:17 PM

I basically gave up chasing rebates. Too much hassle and aggravation. If I happen to find a rebate when I am ready to purchase a product it is a nice bonus, but I am not going to chase rebates while purchasing excess stuff beyond my immediate needs. Plus, it is often possible to purchase equally good products on sales or to switch products to one less expensive.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/21/19 10:21 PM

I like coupons. Instant. You get it right away. Waiting for rebate is like a game they play. No reason not to simply reduce the price for a sale. It actually cost more to hire staff, to process those rebates.
Posted By: OnTheRocks

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/21/19 11:15 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 12:32 AM

I like coupons. Instant. You get it right away. Waiting for rebate is like a game they play. No reason not to simply reduce the price for a sale. It actually cost more to hire staff, to process those rebates.

Nope, probably 2/3 of those that buy the item don't even realize there is a rebate, and of the 1/3 that know about it, probably 1/2 forget to send it in, then another 1/2 of what is left do it wrong, and then deny another 1/2. So out of 100 purchases, they fulfill only 4-5 rebates.
If they put it on sale, everyone gets it, coupons have a much higher rate of use, so they loose more profit.
Paying a rebate company pennies on the dollar comes out ahead for them, with the appearance of savings for the consumer if they play the game.
I don't mind playing the game.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 12:45 AM

Nope, probably 2/3 of those that buy the item don't even realize there is a rebate, and of the 1/3 that know about it, probably 1/2 forget to send it in, then another 1/2 of what is left do it wrong, and then deny another 1/2. So out of 100 purchases, they fulfill only 4-5 rebates.
If they put it on sale, everyone gets it, coupons have a much higher rate of use, so they loose more profit.
Paying a rebate company pennies on the dollar comes out ahead for them, with the appearance of savings for the consumer if they play the game.
I don't mind playing the game.

I agree-just have to have the patience to wait for the devastating clearance/rebate combo-that's how you get paid to take M1 AP & similar high end synthetic oil!

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
I agree-just have to have the patience to wait for the devastating clearance/rebate combo-that's how you get paid to take M1 AP & similar high end synthetic oil!

LOL, yeah, those pink unicorn clearance sales that also have an active rebate are very nice, at times you can get paid to get the oil.

The current M1 deal at Walmart (M1 filter on clearance, M1 on roll back, and M1 $5 coupon) is pretty nice right now (although I think most of the clearance M1 filters are gone).
I got 10 qts of M1 and two M1 filters for $13 total after rebates and coupons.
Auto Zone also had a M1 Oil and filter deal for $33, and had a $10 store rebate, plus the $17 MIR, so $6 for that.

Although I am still waiting for the rebate (but worse case I will just return the oil I bought at Walmart, the AZ stuff I already got the $10 rebate, so $23 for oil and filter is not too bad).
Posted By: atikovi

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 02:59 AM

If you buy 4 jugs at once from Walmart, do you have to get 4 separate receipts? i.e. pay for each jug separately?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by atikovi
If you buy 4 jugs at once from Walmart, do you have to get 4 separate receipts? i.e. pay for each jug separately?

I didn’t. All 4 of mine are on one receipt. Of course, like other above, mine still doesn’t show accepted yet...

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 06:10 AM

Some people send in for the rebates every year. They believe the rebates will come through.

Some people, like me, who don't do it every year; will believe it when I see the check.

My Chevron Havoline rebate happened within days of submission. A week later, I have the check.
Posted By: atikovi

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 12:06 PM

Saw the part in the rebate terms saying, Eligible oil products can be purchased together on one (1) receipt.. so one receipt should OK.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by atikovi
Saw the part in the rebate terms saying, Eligible oil products can be purchased together on one (1) receipt.. so one receipt should OK.

Yup, it can all be one receipt or on different ones.

If submitting online with multiple receipts, you need to have all receipts in 1 image, since you can only attach 1 file per submission.
Posted By: tenderloin

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by tenderloin
Can you purchase online at Walmart or need to go to a store to purchase? TIA

To answer my own question...I called Mobil rebate center ...Yes, both Walmart and Walmart.com submissions are valid. For online purchases where it says retailer address I was told either use your local Walmart or their Arkansas headquarters address.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 04:42 PM

What’s their rebate center phone #? Can’t find it anywhere

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by tenderloin
both Walmart and Walmart.com submissions are valid.

That's a game changer. I hate driving 40 miles to Walmart. By the time I pay for fuel, and factor in lost time, I lost money. I only buy from Walmart online.
Posted By: Jeepwm69

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 08:09 PM

Looks like I'm going to have to pick up some Mobil 1 for the wife's GX460 and for my parents' Honda Pilot. Both call for an 0W20.

My question is, which of all these different Mobil 1 oils should I run? All of them seem to have some sort of selling point, high mileage, extended performance, advance fuel economy, etc. I change my oil every 5K miles. Both of these vehicles are newish. Been awhile since I bought some Mobil 1 but back in the day they didn't have all these specific types.

Sorry for the highjack. I've got a good hoard of oil for all my other rigs, but these two new ones that call for 0W20 along with this thread makes me think I need to grab some oil and with the rebate this is cheap for M1

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 08:14 PM

You could use Advanced Fuel Economy, since you don't have extended oil change interval or high miles. My opinion is that it is all hokum.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 08:21 PM

You could use Advanced Fuel Economy, since you don't have extended oil change interval or high miles. My opinion is that it is all hokum.

What is?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 08:28 PM

I am finally in the system as 'pending' about a month after online submission.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 08:54 PM

Kinda what I was thinking, and it's at $22.88 so that's what I'll get.

I kinda wondered if there's any actual difference at all. I know a few years ago when I called Valvoline about their ATV 10W40 and their Motorcycle 10W40 they said it was the same oil in different bottles. LOL

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/22/19 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jeepwm69
Looks like I'm going to have to pick up some Mobil 1 for the wife's GX460 and for my parents' Honda Pilot. Both call for an 0W20.

My question is, which of all these different Mobil 1 oils should I run? All of them seem to have some sort of selling point, high mileage, extended performance, advance fuel economy, etc. I change my oil every 5K miles. Both of these vehicles are newish. Been awhile since I bought some Mobil 1 but back in the day they didn't have all these specific types.

Sorry for the highjack. I've got a good hoard of oil for all my other rigs, but these two new ones that call for 0W20 along with this thread makes me think I need to grab some oil and with the rebate this is cheap for M1

Just grab the regular Mobil 1 with a 5000 mile interval on those motors.

I grabbed the HM since the vehicles I will use it in all have over 150,000 miles on them. HM would also work in new motors, no harm in switching back and forth.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/23/19 03:53 PM

Just grab the regular Mobil 1 with a 5000 mile interval on those motors.

I didn't see just a regular M1. All of them seem to have some superfeature these days.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/23/19 04:13 PM

I didn't see just a regular M1. All of them seem to have some superfeature these days.

Advanced Full Synthetic is the "regular" M1. I forgot they have names for everything.
Walmart Link

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/24/19 12:38 AM

You may not see the rebate either. Everyone else is still waiting.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/24/19 01:21 AM

I am finally in the system as 'pending' about a month after online submission.

That's great!

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/24/19 02:24 AM

Mine says my $48 rebate was mailed 5/21. I asked for the e-check so hopefully it comes through soon.

I bought 4 5-quart jugs with a $5 coupon on each.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/24/19 06:04 AM

Let us know if your electronic check shows up in the mailbox.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/24/19 12:16 PM

Let us know if your electronic check shows up in the mailbox.

IIRC, last time was similar where it said the e-check was mailed and a few days later I got it in email. Hopefully same holds true.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/24/19 04:18 PM

How many days does it take email to be delivered by the post office?
Posted By: 53' Stude

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/24/19 04:45 PM

Just got my "you are a liar"/ rejection email from Mobil. Guess my M1 is getting returned if they choose to act like this. Said no date on my receipt. I am done with rebates as this stuff gets real old, real fast

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/24/19 07:36 PM

Did you submit a redacted receipt? Or an old receipt?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/24/19 08:34 PM

What the heck are you taking about?!

For cripes sake man I submitted for rebate day I bought the Mobil 1

Seriously SMDH!!

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/25/19 03:01 AM

I would return the product out of spite. Even though I know, that I will eventually buy it back.
Posted By: JR402

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/27/19 12:27 AM

I'm going to return the couple jugs of M1 that I bought. I didn't send in a rebate yet. There are always other deals that come along. I don't doubt that the rebates will eventually come through for most.
Posted By: Bbonez

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/27/19 10:52 PM

I bought 6 quarts on sale at Costco for $28.69. I wanted some more individual quart bottles to keep in the cars. I dont care if the rebate takes 2 or 3 months as long as it comes. If it doesn't come I'll be returning the oil.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/27/19 11:06 PM

So I picked up 10 gallons, YES (2) 5 gal pails of Delvac super 1300 for $70 after tax a week ago @ AZ

Suppose to be a $22 rebate per 5 gal pail, So waiting on $44 from XOM on this diesel rebate

Oh and I gave ALL that oil to my mechanic for his '98 Ram 2500 diesel with 275K miles (Picks up my cars for me). Few months ago, I saw him using ST 15W40 and I was like "OH [censored] NO" lol

Also scored (5) 5qt jugs of MS5K 10W40 for $20, So i submitted rebate on those as well wink hehe
$35 rebate on that as well

I'll post any updates when I have em

Dave

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/28/19 03:34 AM

Oh and I gave ALL that oil to my mechanic for his '98 Ram 2500 diesel with 275K miles (Picks up my cars for me). Few months ago, I saw him using ST 15W40 and I was like "OH [censored] NO" lol

Why? Nothing wrong with ST 15w-40 at all.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/28/19 06:53 AM

I saw him using ST 15W40 and I was like "OH [censored] NO" lol

AA meeting. I left my scarf behind. I went back for it. I saw my sponsor drinking malt liquor.

Is that the feeling?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/28/19 07:10 PM

So still no actual rebate received.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/28/19 07:13 PM

As opposed to a hypothetical one?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/28/19 07:20 PM

I see Mobil 1 enthusiasts remarks on how the rebate will be honored, even if you buy from Walmart with another coupon. Walmart is not on Mobil 1 list of participating retailers. Offer specifically says not to be used with other offers.

Online forum members are not Mobil 1 representatives.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/28/19 07:27 PM

I see Mobil 1 enthusiasts remarks on how the rebate will be honored, even if you buy from Walmart with another coupon. Walmart is not on Mobil 1 list of participating retailers. Offer specifically says not to be used with other offers.

It has routinely been honored in the past without having Walmart on the list, and people have called and confirmed it is good with this round as well. The coupon was/is questionable but mine says it's approved and mailed (which actually seems to mean sent to a processing company to have the e-check sent). I am just waiting for the email to come through when they batch process it or however that happens.

I'm not a company Rep but this is my experience.

BTW, it seems a lot of your posts are in this area of the board but are anti-rebate. Is there a particular reason?
Posted By: badtlc

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/28/19 07:28 PM

Many of us, myself included, have had no issues getting rebates after buying from Walmart. They never listed walmart on previous rebates as a choice yet the rebates came in without issues. no reason to assume differently this time.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/28/19 07:35 PM

My experience is that months have passed, and I have nothing. The online rebate status page still does not have my information.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/28/19 07:42 PM

My experience is that months have passed, and I have nothing. The online rebate status page still does not have my information.

I believe it started 1 April. How many months have you been waiting again?

Mobil says it will take 6 to 8 weeks. I submitted mine on 7 April and it's on its way. Not bad.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/29/19 12:41 AM

Since last month. April and May. I will liberally say 6 weeks, or thereabouts. Call me a worrier. I lack patience. Waiting for rebates is not on my list of achievements in life.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/29/19 12:45 AM

BTW, it seems a lot of your posts are in this area of the board but are anti-rebate. Is there a particular reason?

Not anti- rebate. Love the ones that pay out in a timely fashion. Just don't like waiting. I'm an instant gratification type.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/29/19 02:08 AM

Since last month. April and May. I will liberally say 6 weeks, or thereabouts. Call me a worrier. I lack patience. Waiting for rebates is not on my list of achievements in life.

What else is on the list of your achievements in life besides a collection of user names on Bitog?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/29/19 02:12 AM

SUCCESS

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/29/19 03:12 AM

Congratulations MrQuackers. One of us finally broke the pinata! With any luck, I might even see a rebate by the end of summer.

I checked my Spam. Looks like I won't need the rebate after all. My ship has come in! $4,500,000.00! Cha-Ching!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: PimTac

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/29/19 04:31 AM

Troll much Rocks?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/29/19 05:03 AM

This gives me a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/30/19 09:22 PM

I just received my email check today for $48.00. I submitted my rebate request on 5-5. I purchased 4 5 quart jugs from Walmart all on one single receipt.

Funny thing, it never showed on the rebate status web page that it was every accepted. It always told me it couldn't find anything smile
Posted By: czbrian

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/30/19 09:25 PM

Received my $24 electronic check today as well. Purchased from Walmart and submitted back on April 6.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/30/19 09:39 PM

My $48 rebate came through today. I bought 4 5-quart jugs from Walmart and used a $5 coupon on each. Submitted 4 receipts scanned into 1 image.
Posted By: kjbock

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/30/19 10:37 PM

My latest submittal finally showed up on the tracking website.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/31/19 12:33 AM

Submitted May 1 and it finally showed up today 5/30 on the rebate tracker. Check was also mailed today too. Please allow 14 days for delivery.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/31/19 12:43 AM

So imagine that, they say 6-8 weeks for rebates, and lookie here, at 8 weeks, people are getting them (I was actually less than 3 from my submission date).

Everyone getting in a tiff about nothing.
Posted By: Virtus_Probi

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/31/19 11:56 AM

Got my e-check for $12 last night, wish I had gone back to see when I submitted it but I think it must have been at least 6 weeks ago.
I have put 2500 miles on my car since that oil change and I tend to change my oil every 5000 miles and three month, so 6 weeks would fit in with that.
The submission website suggested that the e-check would be faster than a mailed check, but I think this took longer than any XOM rebate I have received before. Still, it showed up!
My submission did not show up on the XOM rebate tracking site as of a few weeks ago, which disconcerted me at the time.
I was still given the option to have a paper check mailed, but I printed the e-check out and signed it over to my daughter for pocket money.
Also submitted the rebate for the 0W20 AFE for her car last night! My rebate was for 10W30 HM, first time I have used it.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/31/19 12:25 PM

Submitted my request 4/20/19 (4x 5Q jugs from Walmart on 1 receipt and $5/jug coupon applied and shown on receipt). Got notification that my digital rebate is ready yesterday. I've never done the digital, print the check yourself method but I'm sure it will be fine. Thanks to those that started and contributed to this thread (including the heads up for the $5 coupon at WM). 20 quarts of 0w40 Euro Formula for around $22 total is not shabby at all.
Posted By: SubLGT

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/31/19 04:18 PM

I submitted mine on April 8, and got my iRcheck via email today. Next time, I am going back to a traditional paper check sent via mail. This is my first time using a "digital" check and I did not know that it cannot be deposited at an ATM after printing it.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/31/19 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by SubLGT
I submitted mine on April 8, and got my iRcheck via email today. Next time, I am going back to a traditional paper check sent via mail. This is my first time using a "digital" check and I did not know that it cannot be deposited at an ATM after printing it.

And my bank gave me grief over it when I tried to deposit it. They wouldn't do it! I ended up taking it and depositing it with their app by taking a pic of the front and the back smile Worked like a charm that way!

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/31/19 09:02 PM

My $48 rebate came through today. I bought 4 5-quart jugs from Walmart and used a $5 coupon on each. Submitted 4 receipts scanned into 1 image.

So when you checked out at Walmart, did you do each jug as a separate transaction, scanning the same coupon for each jug or ?

I have coupon printed off, haven't tried to use it yet.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 05/31/19 09:41 PM

So when you checked out at Walmart, did you do each jug as a separate transaction, scanning the same coupon for each jug or ?

I have coupon printed off, haven't tried to use it yet.

I had 4 coupons I used- 4 separate transactions. I heard later you could use 1 coupon and it would take $5 off each jug on the same transaction but I don't know that for sure.
Posted By: Virtus_Probi

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/02/19 06:49 PM

And my bank gave me grief over it when I tried to deposit it. They wouldn't do it! I ended up taking it and depositing it with their app by taking a pic of the front and the back smile Worked like a charm that way!

Ugh...this is bad news.
My check even had a phone # on it to call if a bank was freaking out about it.
Now I wish I hadn't asked for another digital check for my 0W20 rebate! Although there was an option to get a check mailed when I went to print out the first eCheck...

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

Ugh...this is bad news.
Now I wish I hadn't asked for another digital check for my 0W20 rebate! Although there was an option to get a check mailed when I went to print out the first eCheck...

IIRC the terms stated the eCheck was for mobile deposit only, not for bank deposit. Not sure why exactly but I recall reading that.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

Ugh...this is bad news.

IIRC the terms stated the eCheck was for mobile deposit only, not for bank deposit. Not sure why exactly but I recall reading that.

It says in the email to take it to your bank and deposit it. Like I said above, my bank had no idea what to do with it. They were unwilling to call the number too. Told me to just use mobile deposit. I did and it went though just fine.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 02:16 AM

... my bank had no idea what to do with it. They were unwilling to call the number too. Told me to just use mobile deposit. ...

Sounds like it is time for a new bank.
To lazy to call a phone number on the check specifically for them if they have issues?

I would have talked to the branch manager and asked why their tellers are not doing their job.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 02:18 AM

Regular checks use a special type of magnetic encoding along the bottom for the bank routing number, account number, check number, and check amount.. There are special machines which read those numbers at check processing centers. When you print a check at home, your printer is not able to emboss the special magnetic ink. That e-mail check cannot be read or validated. Otherwise, we would all just print checks off our computers, for any amount we want, against whomever's account.

A mobile phone deposit captures the image, for the banks to verify funds. Banks take a chance on you not conduction fraudulent behavior. There are dollar limits, and funds are not immediately available. Otherwise, anybody could take a rebate check, photoshop to their delight, and get a $12,000,000 rebate instead of $12.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 02:33 AM

... my bank had no idea what to do with it. They were unwilling to call the number too. Told me to just use mobile deposit. ...

To lazy to call a phone number on the check specifically for them if they have issues?

I would have talked to the branch manager and asked why their tellers are not doing their job.

Yes I would have asked to talk to the President and I would have explained what happened and close my account on the spot.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 03:02 AM

Yes I would have asked to talk to the President and I would have explained what happened and close my account on the spot.

May as well ask for an impromptu board meeting, and a face to face with the Chairman & CEO.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 03:06 AM

I haven’t been to a bank in years. I do all my business through their phone app.

The big banks lost my business long ago. Poor customer service and paying to keep my money with them makes no sense. There are free options out there.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by PimTac
I haven’t been to a bank in years. I do all my business through their phone app.

The big banks lost my business long ago. Poor customer service and paying to keep my money with them makes no sense. There are free options out there.

Have not banked regularly with a bank for 25 plus years I have two Credit Unions.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 11:52 AM

Mine 24$ rebate has arrived this morning. 3 days short from 8 weeks.
Posted By: motech

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 02:24 PM

Mine arrived this morning. Submitted walmart.com receipt the weekend the rebate started- so right in line with the 6-8 weeks they said it would be.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 04:18 PM

Went to deposit my digital check at my bank (PNC) - even though I used a senior teller, she wasn't sure about how to process it or had seen anything like it. She called the number on the check and was told it would be 4 minutes to talk to someone. After four minutes the recording said it would be 7 minutes before someone would be available. Understandably, she didn't really want to wait on hold wasting both her time and mine. I told her she could process it as a deposit instead of just cash if that would be better and that's what she did.

What's the darn use of having a toll-free number for the bank to call if it's like any other under-staffed, customer service line requiring extensive wait time? I will forego the "digital" version in the future and have them mail a real check to me at their expense.
Posted By: Cbst09

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 04:53 PM

My Rebate check also arrived this morning
Posted By: alchargo

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 06:17 PM

What's the darn use of having a toll-free number for the bank to call if it's like any other under-staffed, customer service line requiring extensive wait time? I will forego the "digital" version in the future and have them mail a real check to me at their expense.

It seems a lot of people (myself included) recieved their rebates today. Perhaps there was a bottleneck of ignorant bank tellers calling the toll-free number?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 06:20 PM

just use the mobile app for depositing, no issues
Posted By: DBMaster

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 06:45 PM

I got mine today - only three weeks' wait this time. It took ten weeks the last two times. The one thing I did differently was to make my purchase and rebate submission several weeks after the promotion started instead of jumping in at the very beginning. As the others have stated, depositing with a mobile banking app works fine.
Posted By: SHOZ

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 07:35 PM

Got my checks today. Sent in on 4/27.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 09:12 PM

Got my $24 check today, M1 purchased at Walmart. Submitted 4/24 by USPS. Never did show on rebate status, that's ok.

Special shout out to Triple_Se7en who wished all who purchase at WM, to get stiffed. Otoh, to all those who said WM always included even though never on list, props. thumbsup

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 09:46 PM

Submitted rebate May 1, and rebate check was in my mailbox today. Way faster than last years Fall rebate that took 12 weeks.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/03/19 10:43 PM

Went to deposit my digital check at my bank (PNC) - even though I used a senior teller, she wasn't sure about how to process it or had seen anything like it. She called the number on the check and was told it would be 4 minutes to talk to someone. After four minutes the recording said it would be 7 minutes before someone would be available. Understandably, she didn't really want to wait on hold wasting both her time and mine. I told her she could process it as a deposit instead of just cash if that would be better and that's what she did.

Hmm, I wonder if that is why mine went fine, I had it deposited in my account, I did not cash it.
They did not even call the number. I just gave it to them, the teller did look at it odd, but I told her what it was and she said "OK" and deposited it. shrug
Money showed in my account immediately.
Posted By: farrarfan1

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/05/19 12:25 PM

Submitted one rebate on 5-12 and received the digital check on 6-3, submitted second one on 5-16 and received the check on 6-4. Both purchases were made at WM. First time I've ever submitted a rebate from Mobil but due their outstanding response they now have a new customer, may even start using Mobil oil filters as well.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/05/19 07:46 PM

Glad to see that people are getting paid. It gives me something to look forward to.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/06/19 12:54 AM

I am finally in their system. I submitted back in April. While everyone else got paid, and good for them, my submission must have been left in the bottom of the barrel. First piece of mail in, last piece of mail out. After waiting 6 - 8 weeks, I now have to wait 6 - 8 weeks more for processing. I said that I will change my tune. My tune is changing.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 12:53 AM

Got mine. One physical check (below), one emailed check download--->print. The first I presume was from Target on their clearance of Mobil 1 in favor or Pennzoil, the other purchased from Walmart with the $5 coupon:
[Linked Image]

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 01:14 AM

Submitted mine in early April. Just got a denial email. My rebate doesn't even show up on the Mobil check status site, so not sure how to call them and straighten it out. Both receipts had the store name, date of purchase, adn purchases clearly highlighted just like they asked.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by T4RF
Submitted mine in early April. Just got a denial email. My rebate doesn't even show up on the Mobil check status site, so not sure how to call them and straighten it out. Both receipts had the store name, date of purchase, adn purchases clearly highlighted just like they asked.

Where did you buy the oil? Was it an approved retailer?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 02:06 AM

Where did you buy the oil? Was it an approved retailer?

Walmart, just like I always do. Denial email said i didnt buy eligible products, even though it was clearly a M1 filter and M1 vanilla 5w30

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 03:16 AM

That's interesting.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 10:31 AM

….. not sure how to call them and straighten it out......
I'm happy to assist you with that. The toll free number is 1 866 895 9127. What seems odd here is that the number is included with the message " For further assistance, please click here to email us or call 1-866-895-9127, M-F 7am-7pm CT and Saturday 9am-5pm CT ", when one uses mobil rebate research site to check status as you say you did. No searching for the number is required. Fyi, my submission never showed however using number listed on status check polite representative told me when it was mailed.

If submission is in order as you've stated, hopefully you saved a copy of all documentation. Always best practice with any rebate.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 11:19 AM

So I have multiple rebates. Multiple family members submitted. Here's my crazy results. Of many, I had three sets of essentially identical $48 rebates. All had 4 receipts, and were the only items on the receipts. All were M1HM 10W-30 purchased from Target. All were filled out correctly and perfectly to their demands. All were perfectly legible, and had Target's DPCI number clearly next to the item (DPCI: 085-13-0132).

One was approved. The second was approved for $28, not $48. The third completely denied, citing they couldn't determine what items I actually purchased.

Also, a fourth rebate was approved for a retailer not on their "approved retailers" list: Walmart. So I can confirm that Walmart is approved (I ate my words), and the $5 coupon did work also.

Summary: Mobil doesn't have a [censored] clue what they're doing. I'll probably avoid them going forward.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 03:33 PM

Summary: Mobil doesn't have a [censored] clue what they're doing..

Read some more...... you simply can't have such an opinion, or type it on this forum.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 03:44 PM

Summary: Mobil doesn't have a [censored] clue what they're doing..

Read some more...... you simply can't have such an opinion, or type it on this forum.

You can definitely have an opinion. But when you start complaining about a rebate you have been waiting "months" for, and it hasn't even been the prescribed 6-8 weeks, you lose credibility.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/07/19 04:52 PM

Here's my M1 check with purchase from WM. Very satisfied XOM and thier rebate fulfillment company. No qualms about doing business with them in the future.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mad_Hatter

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/08/19 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sayjac
Here's my M1 check with purchase from WM. Very satisfied XOM and thier rebate fulfillment company. No qualms about doing business with them in the future.

[Linked Image]

I didn't bother with this rebate offer because WM wasn't on the vendors list last I checked. hmm🤔

Does it make a difference if the 5qts is in individual bottles or the 5qt jug???

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/08/19 07:25 PM

I probably will never do the download/email check again, it's kind of a PITA...
Posted By: farrarfan1

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/08/19 11:22 PM

The teller at my bank cut the front and back sections from the paper and taped them together so that she could run them through their scanner like regular checks. It worked, and we both got a laugh out of it.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/08/19 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by farrarfan1

The teller at my bank cut the front and back sections from the paper and taped them together so that she could run them through their scanner like regular checks. It worked, and we both got a laugh out of it.

Is there no watermark?
Posted By: corvettec5dave

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/09/19 01:21 AM

I bought the Mobil 1 oil at Walmart and submitted it on April 30th via the web site. The check was ready for me to print on June 3rd.
That was a total of $36 in rebates back to me.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/09/19 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Is there no watermark?

Can there be a watermark on a e-check?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/09/19 03:46 AM

Is there no watermark?

Can there be a watermark on a e-check?

I don't know, you tell me? Never did an "eCheck". I've had rebates sent to me via PayPal and by paper only, so no reason to be snarky - just answer the question next time or ignore it all together.

He said he printed it out and watermarks are usually found on paper checks to prevent fraud, in case you didn't know. Don't know that I've ever seen a traditional paper check without a watermark. But in retrospect I suppose a printer would have difficulty doing a watermark.

And why do people still go into banks to deposit paper checks anyhow but I guess that's a whole'nother discussion. 😉

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/09/19 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by corvettec5dave
I bought the Mobil 1 oil at Walmart and submitted it on April 30th via the web site. The check was ready for me to print on June 3rd.
That was a total of $36 in rebates back to me.

So despite Walmart not being on the list of approved retailers, Mobil is honoring those purchases...ok, does anyone know if it make a difference if the purchase is made in store v. online at walmart.com???

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/09/19 04:14 AM

Who is Mad_Hatter?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/09/19 04:31 AM

Who is Mad_Hatter?

Huh? Do you really not know who the Mad Hatter is/was? (and no, I'm not trying to be snarky.. I'm trying gauge whether or not you're asking a legit question)

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/09/19 04:35 AM

Guess im [email protected]!^ked cause my old paid rebate from 2018 shows ??? Nothing regarding 2019 ??

Dave
Posted By: RD_3

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/09/19 01:14 PM

Got my check on Friday. Combine this offer with the Oreilly gift card offer and it makes it a great deal!
Posted By: Fitter30

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/09/19 08:30 PM

Year ago went to my rural small town bank after two tellers first at a branch of my bank then the main bank got a teller that knew what i had. Cut and taped it together and deposited it.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/10/19 01:48 AM

So despite Walmart not being on the list of approved retailers, Mobil is honoring those purchases...ok, does anyone know if it make a difference if the purchase is made in store v. online at walmart.com???

Both question has been answered multiple times in this and other threads.

The "approved" retailer list is not all inclusive. The excluded retailer (Amazon.com) is the only place that listed and not valid.
It makes no difference if you buy it at a physical Walmart or if from Walmart.com.

Guess im [email protected]!^ked cause my old paid rebate from 2018 shows ??? Nothing regarding 2019 ??

Dave

Why do you think that?
My 2017 rebate was all that showed up on my status check till the day I got the e-mail saying my check was available, then it updated.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/10/19 02:44 AM

I just had this conversation with my dad.

You don't have to redeem online. You don't even have to have an e-mail address. You don't have to receive an IR Check. They can send you an old fashion, paper check in the mail.

I get it. Some people prefer the old fashioned way. It's what you know. It's what you're used to. Nothing wrong with that. And you don't have to change.

Dad's old fashioned. "Ha! You filed online. How long ago? You're still waiting." He filled out the rebate form, with pen and ink, and he will wait for a paper check to come in the mail. Which may be even faster than my electronic submission.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/10/19 05:22 PM

In the mail smile

Attached picture 20190610_101817.png

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 04:19 AM

Uploaded April 21, received today.

Attached picture PAYDAY.jpg

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 04:28 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 05:19 AM

Got my $28 e-check today and it was from pep boys clearance purchase (XOM Arrowhead "non qualified" seller lol) Coffee2

Dave

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 10:47 AM

….The "approved" retailer list is not all inclusive. The excluded retailer (Amazon.com) is the only place that listed and not valid.
LOL. Yes this is true and been stated many times in this thread and other M1/XOM rebate threads. Not sure why it's such a difficult concept to comprehend.

Perhaps we need a sticky for it. grin2
Posted By: gotnogunk

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 11:08 AM

Just wanted to report that I finally received my rebate after about 8 weeks.. be patient.
Posted By: El_Vato

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 03:13 PM

I received my rebate last week after about six weeks...$48.00.

I already cashed it, so I didn't take a pic in time.

I bought four cases of M1 from Costco when they had it at $10.00 off six quarts. $38.69 minus $10.00 minus $12.00 comes came out to $16.69 for a case of six quarts.

No issues, no questions...the check just showed up in my mail.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by gotnogunk
Just wanted to report that I finally received my rebate after about 8 weeks.. be patient.

Me too. It's just a long wait. Other rebate offers pay in about 2 weeks.
Posted By: Whimsey

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 04:11 PM

Got my rebate of $34 today by mail. I submitted via on line on April 9th and received an email confirmation of receipt of the rebate submission almost immediately. This time it was 8 weeks and 2 days till I RECEIVED the paper check. In the past 2 years I've gotten some sooner and others have taken the 8 weeks. What counts is I do get the rebate from Mobil, can't say the same for Pennzoil ???. The majority of the Mobil 1 was bought from Walmart, some from Auto Zone with their oil/filter specials. You'd have a hard time beating the price for Mobil 1 oil and Mobil oil filters after the rebates grin.

Whimsey
Posted By: sweezy722

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 10:06 PM

I called the Mobil 1 rebate phone number back in April and I was told they would honor the rebate with everyone except Amazon.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/11/19 11:10 PM

Walmart appears to have the best off-the-shelf price. Combine that with the $5 coupon, plus a $12 rebate, and you will not find any oil for less money.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 01:11 AM

Walmart appears to have the best off-the-shelf price. Combine that with the $5 coupon, plus a $12 rebate, and you will not find any oil for less money.

Super tech oil is cheaper WITHOUT a rebate wink

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

$22-12-5=$5 for 5 quarts. How cheap is Supertech? shocked

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 02:28 AM

I'm glad you missed the point. Not everyone is giggly and wide eyed for rebate that most of us don't receive.

More useless info posted again I see

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 05:01 AM

I'm glad you missed the point. Not everyone is giggly and wide eyed for rebate that most of us don't receive.

More useless info posted again I see

Maybe I missed the point. But I have posted info in this thread including the introduction of the extra $5 coupon. Seems useful to me. And I did get the rebate too. Even though you seem upset, I'd still be happy to help you figure out the rebate so you can be giggly and wide eyed like the rest of us. Just let us know what part you're having trouble with and we can work through it together.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 05:20 AM

Off-The-Shelf, Over-The-Counter, Supertech is the best value for synthetic motor without any special offers or deals.

Nobody is cheaper than Supertech for full synthetic. Supertech bridges the chasm for a lot of us, whom full synthetic oil was economically out of reach.

And as far as quality, Supertech is good enough for most vehicles on the road.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 10:03 AM

I've been slacking.. I need to buy my 0w40 while it's still on rollback.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 01:34 PM

Off-The-Shelf, Over-The-Counter, Supertech is the best value for synthetic motor without any special offers or deals.

Nobody is cheaper than Supertech for full synthetic. Supertech bridges the chasm for a lot of us, whom full synthetic oil was economically out of reach.

HK oil that Rural King sells usually beats Wal Mart also. They carry MS5K cheaper than Wal mart and even Mobil Super Syn

ABursell: no ones mad here. Some rebate centers just don't know how to read a receipt. As of this year after I get my Rotella check I'm done with rebates. When companies call me a liar and say I did wrong; they can kiss my rear

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 02:28 PM

HK oil that Rural King sells usually beats Wal Mart also. They carry MS5K cheaper than Wal mart and even Mobil Super Syn

ABursell: no ones mad here. Some rebate centers just don't know how to read a receipt. As of this year after I get my Rotella check I'm done with rebates. When companies call me a liar and say I did wrong; they can kiss my rear

You beat me to it lol. At Atwoods farm and fleet.

Harvest King full syn 5-QT jug $13.99 everyday price (no rebate games to play)

Syn-blend/Conventional $9.49 everyday 5 qt jug

Dave

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 04:55 PM

Yeah, their syn is way cheaper than ST and supposedly WPP/WNE blended smile

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 07:50 PM

I get it. You keep getting denied for rebates. I would be upset also.

We should look at what happened with your denial. Did your step brother help you again?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/12/19 09:54 PM

We should look at what happened with your denial. Did your step brother help you again?

I helped my stepbrother along with mad_hatter. I dunno how much clearer I can get or be. I am just about done doing rebates. My 5gal rotella is accepted. If my dads rotella and m1 ESP 5w40 rebates are denied I'll have him return oil.

I have learned if you follow rules; you will still get screwed over no matter what. Which is why I do NOT trust anyone

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/14/19 08:14 PM

Took two $5 coupons into Walmart and tried to use them. Would only accept one at a time on a receipt. so I had to ring them up separately.

Woman monitoring the self check gave me the stink eye. I showed her the coupon and said "Doesn't say "limit one per person" anywhere on it.

Still going to be a bit more of a PITA to get the rebates with multiple receipts.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/14/19 08:57 PM

Still going to be a bit more of a PITA to get the rebates with multiple receipts.

Not really, just take 1 pic with both receipts in it (making sure to circle purchased item and price) and send it in.

One of my rebates had 4 receipts in one pic (2 separate oil purchases, 2 separate filter purchases).
Posted By: ThirdeYe

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/17/19 02:52 PM

I helped my stepbrother along with mad_hatter. I dunno how much clearer I can get or be. I am just about done doing rebates. My 5gal rotella is accepted. If my dads rotella and m1 ESP 5w40 rebates are denied I'll have him return oil.

I have learned if you follow rules; you will still get screwed over no matter what. Which is why I do NOT trust anyone

I had an argument with a Pep Boys rep over the phone after I had a rebate denied because of the way the receipt was worded. He was insistent that the rebate was for Valvoline High Mileage when the receipt said Valvoline Max Life. I tried arguing saying that is what their high mileage oil is called and they still refused to honor it and was extremely rude about it. I luckily talked to a store manager after saying I was going to return it when I went back to the store and he was nice enough to just honor the rebate from the register for my trouble and he understood that I was correct and the other phone rep. was wrong. I will never deal with a Pep Boys rebate again, though I will still frequent our local store since the employees there are decent and did right by me in the end.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/17/19 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by ThirdeYe

I had an argument with a Pep Boys rep over the phone after I had a rebate denied because of the way the receipt was worded. He was insistent that the rebate was for Valvoline High Mileage when the receipt said Valvoline Max Life. I tried arguing saying that is what their high mileage oil is called and they still refused to honor it and was extremely rude about it. I luckily talked to a store manager after saying I was going to return it when I went back to the store and he was nice enough to just honor the rebate from the register for my trouble and he understood that I was correct and the other phone rep. was wrong. I will never deal with a Pep Boys rebate again, though I will still frequent our local store since the employees there are decent and did right by me in the end.

Very easy to resolve you don't shop Pep Boys anymore. Besides WM price will beat then any day of the week and twice on Sundays!

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/20/19 12:51 AM

I had no faith I’ll get anything yet I just got all 4 rebates I’ve submitted, that’s on top of $5 off at Walmart and $10 off at Costco. Good deal, even tho super slow
Posted By: Snowball

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/20/19 04:13 AM

Took two $5 coupons into Walmart and tried to use them. Would only accept one at a time on a receipt. so I had to ring them up separately.

Woman monitoring the self check gave me the stink eye. I showed her the coupon and said "Doesn't say "limit one per person" anywhere on it.

Under terms Says cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/20/19 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Snowball

Under terms Says cannot be combined with any other discount or coupon

Well they make exceptions, they're probably are referring more to the large store rebate cards at AAP or AZ, not heir own coupons IMO...

As for the rebate in general, I'm happy they gave me both along with the coupon, even if one took a bit longer than 8 weeks and worried me a bit. The digital check rebate took only about 4 weeks though...

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/20/19 07:26 PM

Got my first rebate check over the weekend. Was only for 1 jug, and I didn't use a coupon on it.

Have two more submitted that I used coupons on. Hopefully they'll come through.
Posted By: NASTI

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/21/19 12:38 AM

Does anyone know if you can stack Mobil 1 rebates? Pepboys has a $15 MIR for each 5 quart Mobil 1 jug (Limit 2) via a Prepaid Visa until June 30th. 5 quart jug seems to be going for $30.98 - $15 Pepboys Visa - $12 Mobil 1 Rebate Check = $3.98 for 5 quarts.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/21/19 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by NASTI
Does anyone know if you can stack Mobil 1 rebates? Pepboys has a $15 MIR for each 5 quart Mobil 1 jug (Limit 2) via a Prepaid Visa until June 30th. 5 quart jug seems to be going for $30.98 - $15 Pepboys Visa - $12 Mobil 1 Rebate Check = $3.98 for 5 quarts.

I stacked a $10 Autozone rebate and the Mobil 1 rebate, got them both.
Posted By: Ignatius

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/22/19 07:11 PM

Is it a better choice to request an E-Check or a mailed check? Considering timeframe and likelihood of actually receiving said rebate.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/22/19 08:52 PM

The E-check is much faster but I found it an awkward PITA...
Posted By: chunt

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/22/19 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ignatius
Is it a better choice to request an E-Check or a mailed check? Considering timeframe and likelihood of actually receiving said rebate.

i did the E-check last year. I went back to the mailed check this year. A lot less of a hassle to get cashed.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/22/19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by chunt

i did the E-check last year. I went back to the mailed check this year. A lot less of a hassle to get cashed.

Spent 1 minute cutting the check and deposited using mobile app to BoA. Not sure what hassle you’re talking about

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/22/19 11:57 PM

I didn't know you needed to cut the check out and all that and some banktellers don't know what to do when you bring it in. In any case a couple of weeks makes no difference to me. I'd rather support the USPS and just get the actual check..

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/23/19 02:24 AM

Me too Nick. No Exxon-Mobil mobile apps and no Credit Union mobile apps. I keep my cellphone apps to a minimum.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/23/19 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by chunt

Got a mailed check this rebate round in 32 days I think it was. The day the check was mailed was the same day that my rebate submission showed up on their rebate tracker.
Posted By: XCIDMigs

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/23/19 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by NASTI

Has anyone tried, I am gonna go buy today?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/23/19 04:56 PM

>10k views banana

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/23/19 04:56 PM

I didn't know you needed to cut the check out and all that and some banktellers don't know what to do when you bring it in. In any case a couple of weeks makes no difference to me. I'd rather support the USPS and just get the actual check..

Me too Nick. No Exxon-Mobil mobile apps and no Credit Union mobile apps. I keep my cellphone apps to a minimum.

Mobil website does have instructions on how to deposit the echeck when you select this option while submitting. This check won’t be accepted anywhere but mobile app

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/24/19 01:01 PM

….. I'd rather support the USPS and just get the actual check..
Sometimes old school works best. Mail in rebate with hard copy of check for deposit, delivered 5-6 weeks. Works for me. Happily buy XOM M1 for ~$11/jug AR.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/25/19 04:17 AM

Got another rebate today. Wait until I get my last rebate. You are all in for a treat to end all treats. XOM's rebate team is incompetent beyond any and all comprehension. Stay tuned...

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/25/19 05:08 PM

Well, I got my one $12 rebate from wal mart purchase and my $7 from Rural King MS5K purchase. Awaiting my other $7 Rural King purchase one now
Posted By: SnowmanCO

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 06/25/19 07:06 PM

I submitted by rebate on April 30th, and received my $48 rebate check June 3rd. Mobile deposit through Wells Fargo app on my phone we simple, and no different than depositing any other check. It was especially a good deal since Walmart had the 0w40 rolled back to 22.88/jug at the time. I paid $10.88 per jug after rebate. Second time submitting a Mobil rebate, and they have come through flawlessly both times.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/09/19 10:04 AM

Went to Walmart Independence Day AM for some random things as well as my 4 jugs of 0w40.

They couldn’t take my Walmart $5 coupon because it wouldn’t scan... lol.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/11/19 01:48 AM

I just wanted to follow up to say that I received two E-Checks from Mobil today by email. Deposited via PNC Bank mobile app. It took less than a month to receive these rebates after submission, impressive Mobil!

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/11/19 04:58 PM

Anybody have experience with getting the rebate after buying oil with your Autozone rewards? Even though this is technically combining promotions, I can’t see how XOM would care as Autozone rewards is an internal program (much like using a gift card)
Posted By: wgtoys

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/13/19 01:53 PM

I found my two $17 Mobil rebate emails stuck in the spam filter for verizon/aol email account. Glad I logged into the web interface to my email and checked that spam folder, because it never downloaded to my usual Outlook email tool.

Mobil did right by me in fairly quick time. No issue with the Walmart receipt.

Printed the "digital checks" then deposited with my bank's app on my phone. No problems.
Posted By: Mizzoukispot

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/14/19 08:57 PM

I checked the rebate site to see when my check was mailed. It was mailed over 3 weeks ago. I have received no check yet. Does anyone have a number that I could call, or an email address that I could use to inquire when they can send me another check?
Thanks

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/15/19 12:14 AM

Welcome to BITOG Mizzouk
Maybe a certain 'she' deposited it - forging your signature and spent it on more archery stuff for you Mr. Brown.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/15/19 01:19 AM

Awesome! That’s a good one! It’s fishing now my friend!

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/15/19 02:51 AM

I enjoy the woods too..... gun hunting. Ear problems make me light-headed in tree blinds. So I quit bow hunting and have no boat for fishing. 1-2 times per year fishing on a pier.

Good bunch of members here. Need help?..... there's usually a good answer to follow your questions.
Enjoy your new membership here.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/16/19 11:48 AM

Thanks!
Posted By: Richie

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/16/19 12:00 PM

Sent my rebate information in and now the waiting begins.
Posted By: 69GTX

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/16/19 06:45 PM

I'd be leery of the Walmart on line rebate only because it will not provide the store name/location it came from. And then you have to squint to find the name "Walmart" on the very bottom of the left corner of the invoice. I bought 2 jugs via on line that arrived today. But I'm figuring this rebate request is likely to get canned. So I'm just going to bring them back to the store....buy 2 jugs with a typical store cash register receipt. Shouldn't have to but I know how difficult the rebate acceptors can be when it comes to dotting your i's and crossing your t's.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/16/19 09:40 PM

Had to do a Walmart run for other supplies so returned the 0w-40 FS oil....and they gave it right back to me with a different receipt. Submission now submitted....took 5 minutes to fill out the form and upload the receipt. I must say, this newer on line submission process is much improved. I see no places for getting # of rebates wrong like it used to be. Nice job Mobil.

I did note that on the shelf the M1 was $22+ and not the $19.99 as listed on line. You'd probably have to bring in a copy of the on-line pricing to get it.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/16/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by 69GTX
Had to do a Walmart run for other supplies so returned the 0w-40 FS oil....and they gave it right back to me with a different receipt. Submission now submitted....took 5 minutes to fill out the form and upload the receipt. I must say, this newer on line submission process is much improved. I see no places for getting # of rebates wrong like it used to be. Nice job Mobil.

I did note that on the shelf the M1 was $22+ and not the $19.99 as listed on line. You'd probably have to bring in a copy of the on-line pricing to get it.

Nope, my wal mart had it at $19.99 price. Sorry bout your luck

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/19/19 09:55 AM

I'd be leery of the Walmart on line rebate only because it will not provide the store name/location it came from. And then you have to squint to find the name "Walmart" on the very bottom of the left corner of the invoice. I bought 2 jugs via on line that arrived today. But I'm figuring this rebate request is likely to get canned. So I'm just going to bring them back to the store....buy 2 jugs with a typical store cash register receipt. Shouldn't have to but I know how difficult the rebate acceptors can be when it comes to dotting your i's and crossing your t's.

I use my local stores address for the location.
Posted By: Mr Nice

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/19/19 10:16 AM

All my Wal-Mart purchased oil l did get all Mobil 1 rebates.
Posted By: Egg_Head

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/19/19 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
All my Wal-Mart purchased oil l did get all Mobil 1 rebates.

Do you mean all on-line oil purchases?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/23/19 11:20 PM

I use my local stores address for the location.

Regardless of that, if the rebate center notices that there is no store printed on your invoice (you can't write it on yourself) you might have be out of luck, or at least have to jump through hoops to get your rebate recognized. In my case, the on-line invoice had no address, no oil grade, no store name. I knew that wasn't good. They want to see "Mobil 1," "oil grade or type (or SKU)," "store name and location", "price," and "date" on the receipt.

Since the return counter noted I had paid $19.99 for the jugs, they just let me "repurchase" them right back at that price....with a local store receipt to go with them. I'm sure I'll have no problem with the rebate. On line purchases can be tricky. Why give the rebate centers more reasons to reject your submission?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/23/19 11:39 PM

Better question: why in hades bother with rebates if YOU are going to moan and whine about online purchases?! Simply amazing

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/24/19 12:48 AM

We should be thankful Mobil's not pulling a SOPUS & making us all go to farm stores to buy Shell Rotella & PP! I still have 3 M1 rebates available for use, may have to visit PB & get some, the $17 combo rebate is a great deal with their GC.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/24/19 10:44 AM

We should be thankful Mobil's not pulling a SOPUS & making us all go to farm stores to buy Shell Rotella & PP...
…. And/or starting a rebate offer with an online "click here" point in the additional information which listed all stores including WM and all major AP stores. Only later, having to get corrected/removed because someone called to ask if all those stores really included. smirk2 Imo, someone really dropped the ball again at SOPUS and/or thier rebate fulfillment company with that one. Add that to no printable mail in rebate form on site, and 'ime' XOM/M1 rebates superior in rebates and fulfillment.
Posted By: demarpaint

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/24/19 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
We should be thankful Mobil's not pulling a SOPUS & making us all go to farm stores to buy Shell Rotella & PP! I still have 3 M1 rebates available for use, may have to visit PB & get some, the $17 combo rebate is a great deal with their GC.

Pennzoil rebates were faster for me. I submitted the Mobil 1 rebate on 6/28 and this is the message I get when I check on it. No submission was found for the information you provided. You may perform a new search or wait one week and try again.

I have a screen shot of the submission. I'm not feeling the love. With Pennzoil I would have already deposited the check.
Posted By: Saleen0679

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/24/19 04:08 PM

I submitted my Mobil 1 rebate on 6/24 and my message switched to 'mailed' just within the past few days.
Posted By: Richie

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/24/19 04:10 PM

That is fast. My rebate was submitted on July 13th so am sure will take a little longer.

Originally Posted by Saleen0679
I submitted my Mobil 1 rebate on 6/24 and my message switched to 'mailed' just within the past few days.
Posted By: Audios

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/24/19 10:43 PM

When i go to check in on mine its saying I was paid on 12/4/18, is there another place to check on it?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/25/19 09:33 AM

mad I can't wait until they send this last rebate and I cash it. Gosh I wanna throw them under the bus SOOOoOOOOo bad. I'll give a teaser: my final rebate is supposed to be $12x4=$48. They approved it for $24. How do they get $24 when they acknowledged 4 eligible rebates, especially when the minimum individual rebate is $7 ($7x4=$28!)?
I guess they only had half their coffee and approved half of the page. Shockingly incompetent imbeciles...

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/25/19 10:16 AM

mad I can't wait until they send this last rebate and I cash it. Gosh I wanna throw them under the bus SOOOoOOOOo bad. I'll give a teaser: my final rebate is supposed to be $12x4=$48. They approved it for $24. How do they get $24 when they acknowledged 4 eligible rebates, especially when the minimum individual rebate is $7 ($7x4=$28!)?
I guess they only had half their coffee and approved half of the page. Shockingly incompetent imbeciles...

Don't feel bad. I bought oil from Amazon, the same vendor sells the oil on Ebay. The Amazon purchase was disqualified. LOL Actually I'm [censored] off. I never had a problem with a Pennzoil rebate. I made the change back to Mobil 1 and get hosed on the rebate. My bad I guess for not reading all of the fine print. Live and learn as they say.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/25/19 11:20 AM

In rebate Terms and Conditions, the topic XOM/M1 rebate states "Allow approximately eight (8) weeks for an emailed notification of your electronic rebate check availability from domain “@apfco.com” "

Knowing that, for the previous thread topic started XOM/M1 rebate, I allowed ~5 weeks from mailing to check rebate status online, didn't show as processing. So I called the toll free number which is also clearly listed in T&C, a polite representative said rebate approved and check mailed, received a few days later, ~6 weeks total. Very satisfactory for old school mail in rebate which is not an option with Sopus. Imo and ime, one should allow at least 4-5 weeks before checking. Also, unlike the current [censored] Sopus farm store rebate, no call was/is required to correct their bogus "click here" listing in the t&c print. The one excluded source from rebate is also accurately listed as previously noted in this thread.

If one isn't willing or unable to abide by the terms and conditions listed, non participation in this or any rebate is likely best practice, imo.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/25/19 12:06 PM

Amazon did the right thing by me and took care of the rebate. It's all good now.....

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/27/19 09:18 PM

It’s way past the due date mine was suppose to arrive. They apparently mailed it. Does anyone have the contact number for the rebates? Or email address. I can’t seem to find it online.
Posted By: Capt

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/27/19 10:18 PM

Today at Walmart the Mobil $5 egift did not work at register.. I tried to reload it incognito and same message to cashier ''showed already redeemed''

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/28/19 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mizzoukispot
It’s way past the due date mine was suppose to arrive. They apparently mailed it. Does anyone have the contact number for the rebates? Or email address. I can’t seem to find it online.
It's one of my most dialed numbers lately mad. 1-866-895-9127. They'll claim to fix things, and they LOVE "sending it to their superior/specialist team" but the question is will they actually fix it within 3 phone calls? Or at all...

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 07/28/19 03:22 AM

Thanks! I appreciate the n7mber
Yeah, I find lost mail interesting. I can’t say that I’ve ever lost anything in the mail, ever. And that includes mailing weekly paper work in for 12 years! Yet my check was lost in the mail.
Posted By: Bighorn2500

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 08/02/19 09:59 PM

Just finished submitting mine for the max of four jugs found it on sale for $22.99 plus an additional 10% off via Meier M perks. After sales tax and rebate my total will come to $9.93 per 5 quart jug😎
Posted By: RamFan

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 08/07/19 03:35 AM

This is my first attempt at an M1 rebate so we’ll see how it goes.

4 jugs at $22.88 a piece with tax was $98.38, minus the $5 M1 coupon I printed off today (also on the M1 site) brought me to $93.38 OTD. If the rebate goes through I’ll end up at $2.27 per quart, not too bad for D1G2, SN+ 0w20 & 0w30.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 08/07/19 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by RamFan
This is my first attempt at an M1 rebate so we’ll see how it goes.

4 jugs at $22.88 a piece with tax was $98.38, minus the $5 M1 coupon I printed off today (also on the M1 site) brought me to $93.38 OTD. If the rebate goes through I’ll end up at $2.27 per quart, not too bad for D1G2, SN+ 0w20 & 0w30.

Could have registered 4 times for 4 coupons and get $20 off, just buy 1 at a time
Posted By: bowlofturtle

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 08/08/19 03:18 AM

Anyone confirm that the $5 mobil/walmart coupon and the $12 rebate went thru without any issues?

Or did anyone get declined because they were in a sense double-dipping.?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 08/08/19 03:29 AM

Anyone confirm that the $5 mobil/walmart coupon and the $12 rebate went thru without any issues?

Got a check successfully on top of $5 off

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 08/08/19 03:42 AM

Yes, that was literally the first one back. 4 jugs of AP, 4x $5 WM coupons, 4x $12 Mobil rebates. Grand total $68 off of 4 jugs of AP at walmart sale prices ($25.xx each if I remember right).

Edit: I believe that was also the only rebate that DIDN'T have any issues. Weird.
Posted By: danez_yoda

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 08/15/19 11:29 AM

Just for Nervious Nelly's (I was one) on the walmart receipt getting the rebate.

Bought 2 M1 5w-30 synthetic the jugs ($22) on walmart.com and picked up in the store same day. Sent in a PDF of my WM receipt on the m1 website on 7-29. got my e-check refund on 8-15. not bad.

printed check deposited fine with my phone app to my credit union. i did cut the checks out to the size of real checks but i don't know if you need to do that or not
Posted By: glazer1972

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/17/19 05:46 PM

Got two at WM for $22.88 each. Got a O’Reilly to price match WM for two more. Got 2 submissions in for both receipts. Be $2.55/qt if they come through.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/17/19 06:12 PM

...Got a O’Reilly to price match WM for two more....
Not that's something I've not seen. I've been told by O'R while they will PM other AP stores, they will not match WM. Buy a lottery ticket...your luck is great. Congrats.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/18/19 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by glazer1972
Got two at WM for $22.88 each. Got a O’Reilly to price match WM for two more. Got 2 submissions in for both receipts. Be $2.55/qt if they come through.

???

Why get O'Reilly to price match? Why not just buy 4 jugs from Walmart?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/18/19 02:56 AM

WM only had two jugs of 5w30. I should of added that.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/18/19 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sayjac
...Got a O’Reilly to price match WM for two more....
Not that's something I've not seen. I've been told by O'R while they will PM other AP stores, they will not match WM. Buy a lottery ticket...your luck is great. Congrats.

WM even popped up on the screen where it asks who they are price matching.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/18/19 11:15 AM

Perhaps O'R price match policy with WM has changed. Admittedly I rarely visit or buy anything from O'R, as noted last time I asked them about WM pm in this area it was a no go. Their current policy says "Our retail locations do have a low price guarantee and will match the price of most local competitors. " Kinda vague but could leave WM open if they consider them to be competitor. Or not, as it's not an AP store. Or could be up to the store. Imo, still lucky the store pm'd WM.
Posted By: iluvhonda

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/19/19 11:42 AM

For those that got the $5 Walmart card. When does it expire?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/19/19 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by iluvhonda
For those that got the $5 Walmart card. When does it expire?

12-31-2019

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/19/19 05:45 PM

Finally, 2 months after I submitted my rebates the online system finally shows they were mailed out. Boy, when they said "up to 8wks" they weren't kidding.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/19/19 10:44 PM

No, I didn't forget to come back, I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED IT... bop

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/21/19 06:48 PM

66 days.......and it's in.

My $24 rebate via Walmart direct purchase showed up today. Was starting to get worried. They printed the check exactly 2 months (9 weeks) after receipt of the on line submission. Thank you Mobil. I don't mind the $24 for 10 minutes of work uploading the submission. I must have submitted before the $5 Walmart coupon was out....never saw that.

100% batting average for Sopus and Mobil rebates intact over the past 4 yrs - approx 2 dozen rebates.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/23/19 05:10 PM

Put in for a $5 off coupon. Haven't gotten an email. Anyone else having the same problem?

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 09/23/19 07:29 PM

Wrong thread. Oops.

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 10/25/19 09:00 AM

I received mine as the print tour own check option, but whenever I print it, it’s on 2 pages.

Anyone have any issues with this?
Posted By: badtlc

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 10/25/19 02:50 PM

I received mine as the print tour own check option, but whenever I print it, it’s on 2 pages.

That shouldn't be an issue. They are really intended for mobil deposits. Since you just take a picture of the front and back, being on 2 different sheets has no impact.
Posted By: WylieCoyote

Re: Mobil 1 rebate is on - 10/25/19 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by badtlc

That shouldn't be an issue. They are really intended for mobil deposits. Since you just take a picture of the front and back, being on 2 different sheets has no impact.

Oops....I walked it into the bank. She had to fold it up and put it in her drawer. LOL
© 2019 Bob Is The Oil Guy