Ryobi Undercariage Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat idea, but completely unnecessary, unless you have a bad back....

Originally Posted by buster

How is this unnecessary? I think these are great for removing salt and sand in the winter, and especially prior to undercoating. For people who don't have access to a lift.

At my age I'm letting the car wash do it.
And a second problem is that when it's most needed (winter salt) the runoff in my driveway is gonna freeze like a skating pond.

Originally Posted by nascarnation
At my age I'm letting the car wash do it.
And a second problem is that when it's most needed (winter salt) the runoff in my driveway is gonna freeze like a skating pond.

Far to many incidents at automated car washes, and I can get a hand wash for 18 bucks, meanwhile it's 16 for automated. Person who details my vehicles has one of these and they work great in the winter time.

Originally Posted by domer10

How is this unnecessary? I think these are great for removing salt and sand in the winter, and especially prior to undercoating. For people who don't have access to a lift.

I guess so. I usually just take a power washer and shoot it underneath.
21.gif

If you are treating your cars with something like Krown or CarWell or Fluid Film you should not use anything that uses high pressure to wash the undercarriage. Except right before a re-treatment.

Originally Posted by domer10

I guess so. I usually just take a power washer and shoot it underneath.
21.gif

This does get into places that you can't get to with standard power wash and bending down, especially with cars....I always do this before undercoating, and the people who undercoat love that I do it prior!

thumbsup2.gif

Maybe it's better than I assumed. I may get one for after off-road use and winter.

Originally Posted by Donald
If you are treating your cars with something like Krown or CarWell or Fluid Film you should not use anything that uses high pressure to wash the undercarriage. Except right before a re-treatment.

Correct, I try and hold off as much as I can, Come feb, March April tho my OCD gets best of me and get him to pass it quickly.

After mud, coastal sand, and brackish water crossings - have always used a lawn sprinkler and an inline feed cup for Salt Away if needed

Originally Posted by 4WD
After mud, coastal sand, and brackish water crossings - have always used a lawn sprinkler and an inline feed cup for Salt Away if needed

That's a great idea.
cheers3.gif

^ Nice. The engine bay of my 3 always stayed clean from the plastic shield below it.

IF each one of those jets is equal pressure to the single wand, this would be great for my uses (to blast off MUCH mud from working mucky/sloppy ARA rallies, and yes, of course our infamous PennDOT salt soup).
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD

I use one also. Slide it under one end, let it wash for 10-15 minutes then onto the next section. Unbelievable how much mud etc washes off.

If you have access to a self car wash with an under carriage attachment, it might be a better option. All the contaminants that come off will get treated rather than enter storm drains or contaminate your land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back